|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He falls ill.
2. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
(a) Flogs Oliver.
(b) Sends Mr. Bumble away.
(c) Yells at his wife.
(d) Kicks Oliver out of his house.
3. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
(b) The man was not gainfully employed.
(c) Oliver was terrified of the man.
(d) The man had a criminal record.
4. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(c) Sighs in relief.
5. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
2. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
3. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
4. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
5. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
2. How does Oliver feel when he is apprenticed to Mr. Sowerberry?
3. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
4. What does Nancy tell Oliver when she comes to take Oliver to Bill's house just before the big robbery?
5. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
6. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
7. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
8. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
9. What does Oliver do when he is punished for his attack after Mr. Sowerberry comes home?
10. What happens when Oliver finally loses patience with Noah and his mocking?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)