|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the houses in the locations where Eva's family vacations when she is young in Poland?
(b) An Italian couple.
(c) A French gentleman.
2. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
(b) Pani Ruta.
3. How much younger was Eva's sister than her?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. What city did Eva and her parents get off the ship at when they arrived in Canada?
5. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
(a) Pani Judith.
(b) Pani Ovantrain.
(c) Pani Clois.
(d) Pani Ruta.
6. How did Eva's mother and father prefer her to dress when in Poland?
(a) In "sports outfits" meaning shorts or long pants.
(b) In colorful clothes.
(c) In clothes that are too large.
(d) In fancy dresses.
7. What did Eva's father use as a means of transportation in Poland?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
8. What year did prayers and religion classes begin in Polish schools?
9. What was the name of the drink made for Eva by her mother when she was sick?
10. What did Pani Orlovska tell Eva she should wash her face with to have a good complexion?
(a) Laundry soap.
11. What happened to Alinka when her mother went to a sanatorium?
(a) She lives with Pani Ruta.
(b) She stays home with a maid.
(c) She lives with a teacher from school.
(d) She went to a private establishment run by a governess and gets treated badly.
12. Where in New York did Eva meet somebody who knew her parents before the war?
(a) In Times Square.
(b) In the Union Square cafeteria.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) A work.
13. Who did Eva go to Christian church with when she was young?
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her sister.
14. What kind of uniform did Eva wear to the Cracow Music School?
(a) Jeans and a blue top.
(b) A skirt and white top.
(c) An overdress made from navy blue fabric.
(d) Pants and a white blouse.
15. Where did Eva's family take vacations when she was young in Poland?
(a) Baltic Sea.
(b) Bialy Dunajec.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was commonly known about Dr. Orlovski that his wife overlooked?
2. Where did the ship that Eva and her family emigrate to Canada on sail from?
3. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
4. What was another word for "cuppings?"
5. What did Krysia's mother call her because she recoiled from being hugged?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)