|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
2. What does the narrator call her parents?
3. Near what college do Chris and Anonymous open their shop?
4. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
5. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
2. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
3. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
4. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
5. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
6. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
7. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
8. Why does the narrator's family have to move?
9. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
10. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Go Ask Alice contains many themes that some parents may find offensive, making them reluctant to allow their children to read it. Write a persuasive essay explaining why you think Go Ask Alice should (or shouldn't) be taught to high school students.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2 of Go Ask Alice, the narrator compares herself to Alice from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland series. Read a summary of Through the Looking Glass, then compare and contrast the narrator to Alice.
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)