|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheikhali speak to Maya through Mamali?
(a) Mamali is fluent in English.
(b) Maya's phone message has angered him.
(c) He is embarassed to speak directly because he's so late.
(d) To more accurately express his emotions.
2. Who is Mamali?
(a) Maya's mentor.
(b) Guy's professor.
(c) Sheikhali's assistant.
(d) Efua's friend.
3. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
(a) Bridging the gap between Africa and America.
(b) Doing her a favor.
(c) Being very honorable.
(d) Revealing his deep love and devotion.
4. After Maya tells Malcolm X why she is upset, how does he reply?
(a) He chastises her.
(b) He shakes his head and grows silent.
(c) He laughs loudly.
(d) He says he understands.
5. By meeting and getting to know Malcolm X, Maya finds her own opinions:
(a) Being ridiculed.
(b) Mattering more than before.
(d) Being tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
2. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
3. Who listens to Malcolm X when he visits Accra while Maya lives there?
4. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
5. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)