|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time in Chapter Four is shortly before the beginning of the what?
2. Where do the inhabitants of Arachna live while the sun is turned off?
3. What was the home planet of Pham Nuwen?
4. In Chapter Eighteen, how many years pass though most of the crew members spend a great deal of time in cold sleep?
5. How old was Qiwi Lin Lisolet when her family and the Qeng Ho set out for the On/Off Star?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose voice did Ezr hear just before the explosion of the Far Treasure? What does he consider about what was said?
2. How is Ezr injured during the attack in Chapter Seven?
3. What creature do Sherk and Tarant encounter during the attack of the supply station in Chapter Seven?
4. Who are the Qeng Ho people, and what principle goal do they have as described in Chapter One?
5. How is Spider civilization described by the author in the first chapters of the book?
6. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
7. How is Arachna described in the book? What periods of time are in darkness there and why?
8. What does the term "focused" mean in the context of the book?
9. What is "mindrot" and how is it used in the attack in Chapters Seven and Eight?
10. What does Ezr discover about his injury during the attack in Chapter Ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the characters of Ezr Vinh and Qiwi Lisolet. How old are the characters? How do they know one another?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Arachna and the On/Off Star. How long are periods of light and dark there? How does this affect Spider society?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Floria Peres and the information revealed in Chapter Twenty-One. How does Qiwi know Floria?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)