|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter consider to be the finer writer when Jerry gives him a choice?
2. Fill in the blanks in this quote from Jerry: "Sometimes a person has to go a very long ________ out of his way to come back a short _______ correctly."
(a) Roundabout, way
(b) Route, route
(c) Way, way
(d) Distance, distance
3. What else does Jerry want to know about Peter?
(a) Where his children are right now.
(b) Where he is coming from.
(c) Why his wife is not with him.
(d) Why he lives in New York City.
4. Why does Peter assume that Jerry lives in the Village?
(a) He looks like someone who would live in the Village.
(b) He is walking east from the zoo.
(c) He is walking north from the zoo.
(d) He says he lives in the Village.
5. What does Jerry wonder?
(a) If he has been walking south.
(b) If he has been walking east.
(c) If he has been walking west.
(d) If he has been walking north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry proceed to ask Peter if he has?
2. How much money does Peter tell Jerry he makes?
3. What is Peter increasingly becoming?
4. When Jerry first approaches Peter, he asks if he's been walking a certain direction. Which direction does he want to know about?
5. What does Jerry tell Peter he doesn't like to do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)