|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Elders tell Yenta to do to avoid more misfortunes with gifts to Lemel?
2. How long has the snowstorm by David's house lasted?
3. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
4. Who was the first person to go looking for David's father?
5. Why did David's father go to the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in these stories have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and discuss their main motivation and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Foolishness is a common folly highlighted in this collection of stories. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message is being sent by this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 3
Hannukuh and Judaism are central to the plots of every story. How does this religious center affect the plot of the stories and the messages presented in them?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)