|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
2. What does the baby do while Shlemiel sleeps?
3. What night of Hanukkah does this story start out on?
4. How long has the snowstorm by David's house lasted?
5. Where does Lemel put his first gift from Yenta?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a common theme in these stories. Discuss the role of despair in the lives of Singer's characters.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Hannukuh and Judaism are central to the plots of every story. How does this religious center affect the plot of the stories and the messages presented in them?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)