|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shmelkicha told to avoid the same problem with her girls in the bed?
2. Why does Shlemiel decide to eat the Hanukkah treat?
3. Where does Lemel put his last gift from Yenta?
4. Who brings Mrs. Shlemiel another Hanukkah treat?
5. What does David do before releasing the devil?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is experienced a number of times in these stories by different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in many of these stories. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in these stories have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and discuss their main motivation and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)