|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shlemiel say he would rather do than hear his wife's scolding?
2. Where is the devil walking in the snow?
3. What does David do before releasing the devil?
4. Who convinces Yenta to sign the marriage contract?
5. What does Mrs. Shlemiel do when she hears her husband ate the Hanukkah treat?
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is experienced a number of times in these stories by different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in these stories have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and discuss their main motivation and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)