|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
2. What do the Elders decide after hearing about Shlemiel's actions?
3. What does David do before releasing the devil?
4. What do the Elders tell Yenta to do to avoid more misfortunes with gifts to Lemel?
5. Where was David's father?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plots. Why might Singer have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)