|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shlemiel dream he is when he falls asleep after eating the Hanukkah treat?
(a) A rich man.
(b) A king.
(c) A jester.
(d) A prince.
2. What does Lemel's signature look like?
(a) Three dashes.
(b) Three hearts.
(c) Three circles.
(d) Three crosses.
3. What does Shmelkicha do when she sees why her daughters won't get out of bed?
(a) Cuts their hair.
(b) Calls for her husband.
(c) Call for the Elders of Chelm.
(d) Covers them with a blanket.
4. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(c) Cinnamon rolls.
(d) Roast beef.
5. Where does Lemel put his last gift from Yenta?
(a) A pond.
(b) In the dirt.
(c) A cage.
(d) A pile of hay.
6. How long after their wedding does Yenta have a baby?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
7. How many children does Shlemiel have?
8. What does Mrs. Shlemiel do to keep Shlemiel from eating the Hanukkah treat?
(a) Says it is poison.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Tells him it is for Hanukkah.
(d) Tells him it is vegetable paste.
9. Why does Shlemiel cry when his wife finds out he ate the Hanukkah treat?
(a) He is happy to be alive.
(b) He made her mad.
(c) He really wanted to die.
(d) He is sorry he hurt her.
10. What does David wrap his sister in to keep her warm?
(a) A coat.
(d) Old scarves.
11. What is the last gift Yenta gives Lemel?
(a) A stalk of wheat.
(b) A butter churn.
(c) A goldfish.
(d) A bag of flour.
12. What wakes up Shlemiel after he eats the Hanukkah treat?
(a) A bell.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) His wife yelling.
(d) The baby crying.
13. What is the first gift Shlemel gives Lemel?
(a) A penknife.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A jar of chicken fat.
(d) A silver gulden.
14. What wakes Shlemiel from his nap?
(a) A bell.
(b) A large crash.
(c) The crying baby.
(d) The rooster.
15. Where is the devil walking in the snow?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The city street.
(c) The forest.
(d) The riverbank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
2. What surprises Lemel about the Elders after he has a baby?
3. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
4. What does David use to hurt the devil before releasing him?
5. Where does Lemel put his second gift from Shlemel?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)