|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shlemiel do to keep Shlemiel from eating the Hanukkah treat?
(a) Tells him it is vegetable paste.
(b) Tells him it is for Hanukkah.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Says it is poison.
2. Why does Shlemiel cry when his wife finds out he ate the Hanukkah treat?
(a) He made her mad.
(b) He is happy to be alive.
(c) He really wanted to die.
(d) He is sorry he hurt her.
3. How does Shlemiel get the baby back to sleep after he is hurt?
(a) Makes him a bottle.
(b) Rocks him gently.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Lets him watch the clouds.
4. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
(c) Apple cider.
5. How does Lemel kill the duck Yenta gave him?
(a) It was attacked by a dog.
(b) It suffocated under his bed.
(c) It ate the eggs.
(d) It was covered with a cloth.
6. What does Lemel's signature look like?
(a) Three circles.
(b) Three crosses.
(c) Three hearts.
(d) Three dashes.
7. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
(a) His horn.
(b) His hoof.
(c) His claw.
(d) His tail.
8. What does David's father do when he is brought home?
(a) Kisses his wife.
(b) Runs inside.
(c) Slaps the devil.
(d) Apologizes to David.
9. Where does Lemel put his last gift from Yenta?
(a) A pile of hay.
(b) A pond.
(c) In the dirt.
(d) A cage.
10. How many children does Shlemiel have?
11. Who was the first person to go looking for David's father?
(b) David's uncle.
(c) David's mother.
(d) David's brother.
12. What is Lemel's occupation?
13. What does Shmelkicha do when she sees why her daughters won't get out of bed?
(a) Covers them with a blanket.
(b) Call for the Elders of Chelm.
(c) Calls for her husband.
(d) Cuts their hair.
14. What does David do before releasing the devil?
(a) Burns his tail.
(b) Brands his hide.
(c) Files down his claw.
(d) Cure his hoof.
15. How is the baby injured after the rooster gets out of the house?
(a) He scratches his face.
(b) He breaks a toe.
(c) He cuts his hand.
(d) He bumps his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Mrs. Shlemiel another Hanukkah treat?
2. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
3. Why is Lemel unable to sign the marriage contract at first?
4. Where does Lemel put his first gift from Yenta?
5. What wakes up Shlemiel after he eats the Hanukkah treat?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)