|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yenta's signature look like?
(a) Three dashes.
(b) Three hearts.
(c) Three crosses.
(d) Three circles.
2. How long has the snowstorm by David's house lasted?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 12 days.
3. Where was David's father?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In the church.
(d) Captured by the devil.
4. How many children does Shlemiel have?
5. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
(a) His tail.
(b) His horn.
(c) His hoof.
(d) His claw.
6. Who was the first person to go looking for David's father?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's uncle.
(c) David's brother.
7. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
(c) Apple cider.
8. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) East Chelm.
(b) Chelm Proper.
(c) Northwest Chelm.
(d) West Chelm.
9. What does Mrs. Shlemiel make for Hanukkah?
(a) A jar of jam.
(b) Caramel scones.
(c) Sweet bread.
(d) Chocolate muffins.
10. How does Lemel kill the duck Yenta gave him?
(a) It was covered with a cloth.
(b) It ate the eggs.
(c) It was attacked by a dog.
(d) It suffocated under his bed.
11. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
(a) Half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) A few bites.
(d) A quarter of it.
12. What wakes up Shlemiel after he eats the Hanukkah treat?
(a) A bell.
(b) The baby crying.
(c) His wife yelling.
(d) A knock on the door.
13. Where is the devil walking in the snow?
(a) The forest.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) The city street.
(d) The countryside.
14. What is Lemel's occupation?
15. What does David do before releasing the devil?
(a) Cure his hoof.
(b) Files down his claw.
(c) Burns his tail.
(d) Brands his hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shmelkicha told to do about her daughters in bed?
2. What does David threaten to do if the devil does not do what David asks?
3. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
4. What is the name of the illustrator of the picture of the devil?
5. What is Shmelkicha told to avoid the same problem with her girls in the bed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)