|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
(a) Half of it.
(b) A few bites.
(c) A quarter of it.
(d) All of it.
2. How does the rooster get out of the house?
(a) It scratches open the door.
(b) It flies out the window.
(c) It sneaks out when Shlemiel opens the door.
(d) It digs a hole.
3. What does Shlemiel dream about while his wife is gone?
(a) Being rich.
(b) Marrying another woman.
(d) Having another child.
4. Who does the devil send to do what David asked of him?
(a) His servant.
(b) His wife.
(d) His brother.
5. What does Shlemiel think woke him up?
(a) A large crash.
(b) A bell.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The crying baby.
6. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) Cinnamon rolls.
(d) Roast beef.
7. What does the baby do while Shlemiel sleeps?
(c) Pulls down the curtains.
8. Who is walking in the snow with the devil?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
9. How is the baby injured after the rooster gets out of the house?
(a) He scratches his face.
(b) He breaks a toe.
(c) He bumps his head.
(d) He cuts his hand.
10. Where does Lemel put his second gift from Shlemel?
(a) In his coat pocket.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the hay.
(d) In a purse.
11. What wakes Shlemiel from his nap?
(a) The crying baby.
(b) A bell.
(c) A large crash.
(d) The rooster.
12. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
(a) Apple cider.
13. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) Northwest Chelm.
(b) Chelm Proper.
(c) East Chelm.
(d) West Chelm.
14. What gift does Yenta give Lemel?
(a) Some butter.
(b) A jar of jam.
(c) A bag of fish.
(d) Fresh eggs.
15. Why does Yenta agree to sign the marriage contract?
(a) She is told of Lemel's hidden wealth.
(b) She is reminded of the single bed in her parent's house.
(c) Lemel promises to grow a few inches before the wedding.
(d) Lemel will no longer be a stranger if they are betrothed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lemel kill the duck Yenta gave him?
2. What does Shmelkicha do when she sees why her daughters won't get out of bed?
3. What is the name of the illustrator of the picture of the devil?
4. What does Lemel's signature look like?
5. What surprises Lemel about the Elders after he has a baby?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)