|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) Two nights.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One night.
(d) One week.
2. What is Lekisch's title?
3. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
(a) He followed a large deer off his trail.
(b) He lost his map.
(c) He lost his way in the storm.
(d) He took the wrong fork in the road.
4. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
(a) They are the greatest fools.
(b) They are the most educated.
(c) They are the most spiritual.
(d) They are the least foolish.
5. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
(a) He told them stories.
(b) He played dreidel with them.
(c) He played jacks with them.
(d) He drew a picture for them.
6. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
7. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(c) 12:30 am.
8. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
(a) Atzel is his grandson.
(b) Atzel is his cousin.
(c) Atzel is his nephew.
(d) Atzel is his son.
9. What does Gronam think the snow is?
10. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The police.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The head fool.
11. What animals appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
12. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
13. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(d) A book.
14. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
15. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
2. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
3. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
4. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
5. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)