|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
2. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) It will trample the snow.
(b) They will not agree with their plan.
(c) They will get cold.
(d) They will see the snow.
3. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) An angel.
(b) The devil.
(c) A demon.
(d) A rabbi.
4. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
(a) A thunderclap.
(b) A roar outside.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A crash from the kitchen.
5. What is Lekisch's title?
6. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
(a) A top.
(b) A candle.
(c) A star.
(d) A dreidel.
7. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(d) Good natured.
8. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Fox fur.
(b) Bear hide.
(d) Wolf fur.
9. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
(a) More time to play jacks.
(b) A new dreidel.
(c) Another story.
(d) Some apple cider.
10. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) The orphan girl.
(b) His father.
(c) His nurse.
(d) The priest.
11. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
12. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
(b) Eats some mush and bread.
(c) Goes to church.
13. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
14. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
15. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Put him outside.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Sing to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
2. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
3. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
4. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
5. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)