|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They could not see the moon.
(b) Someone told them.
(c) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(d) They saw the reflection in the water.
2. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(b) Strings of beads.
3. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
4. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
5. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
6. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
7. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) The devil.
(b) A demon.
(c) An angel.
(d) A rabbi.
8. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Wolf fur.
(b) Bear hide.
(d) Fox fur.
9. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
(a) Save it for the people.
(b) Hide it from the villagers.
(c) Use it to pay debts.
(d) Divide it up among the citizens.
10. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Fresh food.
(b) Hearty food.
(c) Rich food.
(d) Meaty food.
11. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(c) A book.
(d) A fire.
12. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
13. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(c) All Hallows Eve.
14. What does Grandmother's tale end with?
(a) An old saying.
(b) A rhyme.
(c) A declaration.
(d) A scripture.
15. What did Chelm need money for?
(a) To pave the roads.
(b) To build a school.
(c) To pay debts.
(d) To fix the plumbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Atzel about paradise?
2. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
3. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
4. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
5. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)