|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reported the missing moon?
(a) A small child.
(b) A father of ten.
(c) The owner of the barrel.
(d) The Elders.
2. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(b) A fire.
(d) Pine boughs.
3. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
4. What is Grandmother's name?
5. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The sheriff and his deputies.
(c) The priests.
(d) The police.
6. What is Lekisch's title?
7. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
(a) A crash from the kitchen.
(b) A thunderclap.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A roar outside.
8. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
9. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(a) 12:30 am.
10. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(b) The afterlife.
11. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) They will not agree with their plan.
(b) They will see the snow.
(c) They will get cold.
(d) It will trample the snow.
12. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
13. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) Where is the family graveyard?
(b) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
(c) How did your poor son die?
(d) Why don't you hire a new son?
14. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
15. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(b) Wolf fur.
(c) Bear hide.
(d) Fox fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Atzel's hair?
2. What is Shmerel's title?
3. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
4. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
5. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)