|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
2. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) They will get cold.
(b) They will see the snow.
(c) They will not agree with their plan.
(d) It will trample the snow.
3. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
4. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
(a) Use it to pay debts.
(b) Divide it up among the citizens.
(c) Hide it from the villagers.
(d) Save it for the people.
5. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
6. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was locked away.
(b) It was emptied.
(c) It was smashed.
(d) It was nailed shut.
7. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His father.
(b) His nurse.
(c) The orphan girl.
(d) The priest.
8. What does Grandmother's tale end with?
(a) A declaration.
(b) A scripture.
(c) An old saying.
(d) A rhyme.
9. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
10. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 4 days.
11. What is Gronam's title?
(a) Great Fool.
(b) Rabbi Supreme.
(c) Head Teacher.
(d) Police Chief.
12. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Filled the house with a bright light.
(b) Laughed heartily.
(c) Called in his minions.
(d) Cast off his image of a man.
13. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(d) The afterlife.
14. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
15. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
2. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
3. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
4. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
5. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)