|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was smashed.
(b) It was nailed shut.
(c) It was locked away.
(d) It was emptied.
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Post a warning on the doors.
(b) Mail letters.
(c) Send a message.
(d) Shout it from the rooftops.
4. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
5. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Laughed heartily.
(b) Cast off his image of a man.
(c) Called in his minions.
(d) Filled the house with a bright light.
6. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
7. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
8. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(c) 12:30 am.
9. What is Grandmother's name?
10. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
11. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
12. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Hearty food.
(b) Rich food.
(c) Fresh food.
(d) Meaty food.
13. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
(a) Atzel is his cousin.
(b) Atzel is his grandson.
(c) Atzel is his nephew.
(d) Atzel is his son.
14. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
15. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) How did your poor son die?
(b) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
(c) Why don't you hire a new son?
(d) Where is the family graveyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel think he has to do to get to paradise?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
4. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
5. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)