|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel notice about the food in paradise?
(a) It is far too much to eat.
(b) It tastes different from food on earth.
(c) It makes him sleepy.
(d) It is always the same.
2. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is traveling through town.
(c) Her parents died.
(d) She is hired as a housekeeper.
3. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
4. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
(a) It is hard.
(b) A dog is seen eating it.
(c) It looks fluffy.
(d) It sparkles in the starlight.
5. Who reported the missing moon?
(a) A father of ten.
(b) The owner of the barrel.
(c) The Elders.
(d) A small child.
6. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Sing to him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Bury him.
7. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
(a) Atzel is his son.
(b) Atzel is his nephew.
(c) Atzel is his grandson.
(d) Atzel is his cousin.
8. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
(a) He followed a large deer off his trail.
(b) He lost his way in the storm.
(c) He lost his map.
(d) He took the wrong fork in the road.
9. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(d) A book.
10. What is Lekisch's title?
11. What is Chelm full of?
12. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
(b) Goes to church.
(d) Eats some mush and bread.
13. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) Where is the family graveyard?
(b) How did your poor son die?
(c) Why don't you hire a new son?
(d) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
14. What did Chelm need money for?
(a) To fix the plumbing.
(b) To pay debts.
(c) To build a school.
(d) To pave the roads.
15. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was emptied.
(b) It was nailed shut.
(c) It was locked away.
(d) It was smashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Tudras have?
2. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
3. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
4. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
5. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)