|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lekisch's title?
2. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
(a) Some apple cider.
(b) More time to play jacks.
(c) Another story.
(d) A new dreidel.
3. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
4. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
5. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(b) All Hallows Eve.
6. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) The devil.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A demon.
(d) An angel.
7. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
8. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
9. What title does Tudras have?
10. What does Atzel think he has to do to get to paradise?
11. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) It will trample the snow.
(b) They will see the snow.
(c) They will not agree with their plan.
(d) They will get cold.
12. What is Gronam's title?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) Great Fool.
(c) Rabbi Supreme.
(d) Head Teacher.
13. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
14. What is Chelm full of?
15. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(b) A fire.
(c) Pine boughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphan girl?
2. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
4. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
5. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)