|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
4. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They could not see the moon.
(b) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(c) They saw the reflection in the water.
(d) Someone told them.
5. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) They were getting strangely sleepy.
(b) The animals were agitated.
(c) The house was getting smaller.
(d) Time was slowing down.
6. What is Grandmother's name?
7. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
8. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(d) The afterlife.
9. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His nurse.
(b) The orphan girl.
(c) His father.
(d) The priest.
10. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
(a) They are the greatest fools.
(b) They are the most spiritual.
(c) They are the most educated.
(d) They are the least foolish.
11. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
12. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(c) All Hallows Eve.
13. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
(d) New Years.
14. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(b) Good natured.
15. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(a) 12:30 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
2. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
3. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
4. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What is Chelm full of?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)