|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Fox fur.
(b) Bear hide.
(d) Wolf fur.
2. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
(a) He took the wrong fork in the road.
(b) He lost his way in the storm.
(c) He lost his map.
(d) He followed a large deer off his trail.
3. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
4. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
5. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(c) A book.
6. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
7. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
8. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
9. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
10. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Cast off his image of a man.
(b) Called in his minions.
(c) Laughed heartily.
(d) Filled the house with a bright light.
11. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 12 days.
12. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(c) Hide and Seek.
13. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(d) All Hallows Eve.
14. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(b) The afterlife.
15. What is Grandmother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
2. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
3. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
4. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
5. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)