|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
(a) Something to do.
(c) A bed.
2. What did Chelm need money for?
(a) To pay debts.
(b) To fix the plumbing.
(c) To build a school.
(d) To pave the roads.
3. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
(c) New Years.
4. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(c) 12:30 am.
5. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was locked away.
(b) It was smashed.
(c) It was emptied.
(d) It was nailed shut.
6. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) A season's worth of seed.
(b) Another harvest of snow.
(c) A goose with golden eggs.
(d) Some chests to hold the snow.
7. What is Gronam's title?
(a) Great Fool.
(b) Police Chief.
(c) Rabbi Supreme.
(d) Head Teacher.
8. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
9. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
10. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(b) Wolf fur.
(c) Fox fur.
(d) Bear hide.
11. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A story.
(b) A few minutes more to play.
(c) A hug.
(d) A blanket.
12. What animals appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
13. What is Grandmother's name?
14. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Sing to him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Put him outside.
15. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
(b) Where is the family graveyard?
(c) How did your poor son die?
(d) Why don't you hire a new son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
2. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
3. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
4. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
5. What title does Tudras have?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)