|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gimpel's occupation?
(b) Errand boy.
(c) Potato peeler.
2. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
3. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
4. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) Some chests to hold the snow.
(b) A season's worth of seed.
(c) A goose with golden eggs.
(d) Another harvest of snow.
5. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
6. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(c) Strings of beads.
7. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A story.
(c) A few minutes more to play.
(d) A hug.
8. What is Gronam's title?
(a) Great Fool.
(b) Head Teacher.
(c) Police Chief.
(d) Rabbi Supreme.
9. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) The devil.
(b) An angel.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A demon.
10. What is the name of the orphan girl?
11. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
12. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) It will trample the snow.
(b) They will not agree with their plan.
(c) They will get cold.
(d) They will see the snow.
13. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(a) New Years.
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
14. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Shout it from the rooftops.
(b) Post a warning on the doors.
(c) Send a message.
(d) Mail letters.
15. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His nurse.
(b) The priest.
(c) His father.
(d) The orphan girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chelm need money for?
2. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
3. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
4. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
5. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)