|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the orphan girl?
2. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
3. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
(a) They are the least foolish.
(b) They are the greatest fools.
(c) They are the most educated.
(d) They are the most spiritual.
4. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One week.
(b) One night.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(b) Good natured.
6. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
7. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Meaty food.
(b) Rich food.
(c) Hearty food.
(d) Fresh food.
8. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) An angel.
(b) A demon.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) The devil.
9. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His nurse.
(b) The orphan girl.
(c) The priest.
(d) His father.
10. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
11. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(a) Pine boughs.
(d) A fire.
12. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A hug.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A few minutes more to play.
(d) A story.
13. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
14. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
(a) A star.
(b) A candle.
(c) A dreidel.
(d) A top.
15. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Tudras have?
2. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
3. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
4. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
5. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)