|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
3. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was locked away.
(b) It was smashed.
(c) It was emptied.
(d) It was nailed shut.
4. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What does Gronam think the snow is?
6. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
7. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
(c) New Years.
8. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
9. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(c) Strings of beads.
10. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(c) A book.
11. What does Grandmother's tale end with?
(a) A rhyme.
(b) A scripture.
(c) A declaration.
(d) An old saying.
12. What title does Tudras have?
13. What is Gronam's title?
(a) Great Fool.
(b) Rabbi Supreme.
(c) Police Chief.
(d) Head Teacher.
14. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(b) Pine boughs.
(c) A fire.
15. What is Grandmother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
2. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
3. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
4. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
5. What animals appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)