|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandmother's name?
2. What animals appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
3. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(a) Pine boughs.
(b) A fire.
4. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
5. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
(a) The police.
(b) The sheriff and his deputies.
(c) The priests.
(d) The Elders.
6. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(d) Good natured.
7. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(b) All Hallows Eve.
8. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
9. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His nurse.
(b) His father.
(c) The priest.
(d) The orphan girl.
10. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) A season's worth of seed.
(b) Some chests to hold the snow.
(c) Another harvest of snow.
(d) A goose with golden eggs.
11. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(d) The afterlife.
12. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They saw the reflection in the water.
(b) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(c) They could not see the moon.
(d) Someone told them.
13. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
14. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
15. What is Gimpel's occupation?
(a) Potato peeler.
(c) Errand boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
2. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
3. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
4. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
5. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)