|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
2. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A home.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A heart.
(d) A reflection.
3. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(a) New Years.
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
4. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The head fool.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The police.
(d) The Elders.
5. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One night.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two nights.
(d) One week.
6. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Post a warning on the doors.
(b) Send a message.
(c) Mail letters.
(d) Shout it from the rooftops.
7. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The house.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The dreidel and coins.
(d) The children.
8. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
9. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(c) 12:30 am.
10. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
11. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) The animals were agitated.
(b) Time was slowing down.
(c) They were getting strangely sleepy.
(d) The house was getting smaller.
12. What does Grandmother's tale end with?
(a) A declaration.
(b) An old saying.
(c) A rhyme.
(d) A scripture.
13. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(b) Someone told them.
(c) They saw the reflection in the water.
(d) They could not see the moon.
14. What color are Atzel's eyes?
15. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
2. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
3. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
4. What is Grandmother's name?
5. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)