|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(b) The afterlife.
2. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(b) New Years.
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
5. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was emptied.
(b) It was smashed.
(c) It was locked away.
(d) It was nailed shut.
6. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(a) 12:30 am.
7. What is Gimpel's occupation?
(a) Potato peeler.
(d) Errand boy.
8. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
9. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A hug.
(b) A few minutes more to play.
(c) A story.
(d) A blanket.
10. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
(a) The sheriff and his deputies.
(b) The priests.
(c) The police.
(d) The Elders.
11. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The dreidel and coins.
(b) The house.
(c) The squirrels.
(d) The children.
12. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
13. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
(a) Use it to pay debts.
(b) Divide it up among the citizens.
(c) Hide it from the villagers.
(d) Save it for the people.
14. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
15. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) The house was getting smaller.
(b) They were getting strangely sleepy.
(c) Time was slowing down.
(d) The animals were agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
2. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
3. What does Atzel think he has to do to get to paradise?
4. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
5. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)