|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(b) A book.
2. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(a) Good natured.
3. What is Shmerel's title?
4. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) Where is the family graveyard?
(b) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
(c) Why don't you hire a new son?
(d) How did your poor son die?
5. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) The priest.
(b) His nurse.
(c) The orphan girl.
(d) His father.
6. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(b) A book.
(d) A fire.
7. What is the name of the orphan girl?
8. What does Gronam think the snow is?
9. What color is Atzel's hair?
10. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
(a) They are the most spiritual.
(b) They are the most educated.
(c) They are the least foolish.
(d) They are the greatest fools.
11. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(a) Hide and Seek.
12. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
(a) The sheriff and his deputies.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The priests.
(d) The police.
13. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
14. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two nights.
(c) One night.
(d) One week.
15. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A home.
(b) A reflection.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
2. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
3. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
4. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
5. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)