|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel think he has to do to get to paradise?
2. What title does Tudras have?
3. What is Grandmother's name?
4. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
5. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 16 days.
6. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
(a) They are the greatest fools.
(b) They are the least foolish.
(c) They are the most spiritual.
(d) They are the most educated.
7. What is the name of the orphan girl?
8. What color are Atzel's eyes?
9. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
10. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
(a) Divide it up among the citizens.
(b) Use it to pay debts.
(c) Hide it from the villagers.
(d) Save it for the people.
11. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(d) A book.
12. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The squirrels.
(b) The dreidel and coins.
(c) The children.
(d) The house.
13. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
14. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
(a) Hold dances.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Take walks.
15. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
2. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
3. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
4. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
5. What did Chelm need money for?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)