|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Meaty food.
(b) Hearty food.
(c) Fresh food.
(d) Rich food.
2. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
(a) Take walks.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Hold dances.
3. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
4. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(c) A book.
5. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Bear hide.
(b) Wolf fur.
(d) Fox fur.
6. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) The orphan girl.
(b) The priest.
(c) His nurse.
(d) His father.
7. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
8. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
(a) Her parents died.
(b) She is traveling through town.
(c) She is hired as a housekeeper.
(d) She is his cousin.
9. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) They were getting strangely sleepy.
(b) The house was getting smaller.
(c) Time was slowing down.
(d) The animals were agitated.
10. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(a) Good natured.
11. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(d) All Hallows Eve.
12. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
(b) Eats some mush and bread.
(d) Goes to church.
13. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
14. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
(a) He drew a picture for them.
(b) He told them stories.
(c) He played dreidel with them.
(d) He played jacks with them.
15. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
(a) Save it for the people.
(b) Use it to pay debts.
(c) Divide it up among the citizens.
(d) Hide it from the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
2. What did Chelm need money for?
3. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
4. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
5. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)