|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(b) Strings of beads.
2. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
3. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
4. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Send a message.
(b) Mail letters.
(c) Post a warning on the doors.
(d) Shout it from the rooftops.
5. What is Grandmother's name?
6. What night did it snow in Chelm?
(a) Rosh Hashanah.
(d) New Years.
7. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
8. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One night.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
9. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) The priest.
(b) The orphan girl.
(c) His father.
(d) His nurse.
10. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
(a) He told them stories.
(b) He drew a picture for them.
(c) He played jacks with them.
(d) He played dreidel with them.
11. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
12. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The children.
(b) The house.
(c) The squirrels.
(d) The dreidel and coins.
13. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(b) A fire.
(d) Pine boughs.
14. What is the hat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
15. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chelm full of?
2. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
3. Who reported the missing moon?
4. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
5. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)