|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(c) Strings of beads.
(d) White sheets.
2. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
(a) It will trample the snow.
(b) They will get cold.
(c) They will not agree with their plan.
(d) They will see the snow.
3. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
(a) A new dreidel.
(b) More time to play jacks.
(c) Another story.
(d) Some apple cider.
4. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Cast off his image of a man.
(b) Filled the house with a bright light.
(c) Laughed heartily.
(d) Called in his minions.
5. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
6. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) The animals were agitated.
(b) They were getting strangely sleepy.
(c) The house was getting smaller.
(d) Time was slowing down.
7. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
8. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(a) A fire.
(d) A book.
9. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was emptied.
(b) It was locked away.
(c) It was nailed shut.
(d) It was smashed.
10. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
(a) He told them stories.
(b) He played dreidel with them.
(c) He drew a picture for them.
(d) He played jacks with them.
11. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
12. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(a) 12:30 am.
13. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The head fool.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The Elders.
(d) The police.
14. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Rich food.
(b) Fresh food.
(c) Hearty food.
(d) Meaty food.
15. Who told Atzel about paradise?
(a) His father.
(b) The orphan girl.
(c) The priest.
(d) His nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
2. What is Grandmother's name?
3. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
4. What color are Atzel's eyes?
5. What night did it snow in Chelm?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)