Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
3. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
4. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
Essay Topic 1
Assess the theme of destruction in this collection of poems. What types of things are destroyed? What types of things are preserved? What does this say about Bukowski?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Chinaski's father play in the poems? What effect does he have on Chinaski and why? Can you see ways in which he has influenced Chinaski?
Essay Topic 3
How does Chinaski defend a listless and lazy lifestyle? In addition, explain how Chinaski laments the lie of the American dream and why he does this.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)