|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
2. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
3. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
4. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
5. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
Essay Topic 1
How does Bukowski respond to his critics? When he responds to critics, is he genuine? Is he fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Chinaski's father play in the poems? What effect does he have on Chinaski and why? Can you see ways in which he has influenced Chinaski?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Chinaski's connection of populism to his distaste for the Lost Generation. In what other ways does Chinaski exhibit populism?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)