Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
3. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
4. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bukowski's overall view of the world. Why does he see the world as mostly negative? What things are positive in the world, according to Bukowski? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Chinaski enjoy solitude so much? Does he genuinely enjoy solitude, or is he being disingenuous?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role that the themes of loss and fear play in Bukowski's poetry. Explain the two poems that seem to focus the most on fear and loss. Explain why you think this theme prevails in these poems.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)