Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
3. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
4. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
Why does Chinaski lack trust for humanity? What message do you think Bukowski sends in giving Chinaski this distrust?
Describe Chinaski's connection of populism to his distaste for the Lost Generation. In what other ways does Chinaski exhibit populism?
Assess Bukowski's argument that there are no certainties or essential truths in the world. Support or refute this claim using examples from the text.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)