|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
2. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
3. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
4. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
5. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the themes evident in the poems Bukowski has written? Identify at least three of these themes and provide specific examples from the text showing how the theme is created.
Essay Topic 2
Make an argument for or against Bukowski being misogynistic. Use at least three specific pieces of evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze one metaphor that Chinaski has created in one of his poems to relate to modern American culture and interactions.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)