|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
2. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
3. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
4. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Chinaski lack trust for humanity? What message do you think Bukowski sends in giving Chinaski this distrust?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way in which Bukowski uses gallows humor, vaudeville, and irony in at least two of his poems. Find at least two specific examples from each of these two poems.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Chinaski's connection of populism to his distaste for the Lost Generation. In what other ways does Chinaski exhibit populism?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)