|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(c) Random House.
(d) Proctor & Gamble.
2. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
(a) It is unappealing.
(b) It is abundant.
(c) It is lost forever.
(d) It is diminished.
3. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
4. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
(a) Cowardly men.
(b) Angry women.
(d) Failed writers.
5. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A painter.
(c) A hairstylist.
(d) A poet.
6. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
7. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
8. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
9. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) Fifty to one.
(b) One hundred to one.
(c) Two to one.
(d) Ten to one.
10. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
11. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) A war.
(b) Things he does not like.
(c) Things he has felt anger toward.
(d) Things he cares about.
12. What is Li Po's occupation?
13. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
(a) Post ofice.
14. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
(a) Between writing and love.
(b) Between drinking and writing.
(c) Between writing and insanity.
(d) Between drinking and fighting.
15. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
2. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
3. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
4. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
5. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)