|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Painted his house.
(b) Ran errands for him.
(c) Raked his leaves.
(d) Fixed his car.
2. Chinaski concludes that he owes his life to whom?
3. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
4. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has a large nose.
(b) She has big feet.
(c) She has long hair.
(d) She has big eyes.
5. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
7. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
8. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
9. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
(a) Rose Mary.
10. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
(d) Dating a woman.
11. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) Dentist office.
(c) Business office.
12. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
(a) There are no certainties.
(b) Love does not exist.
(c) The real world does not exist.
(d) There is no reason for faith.
13. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
(a) Angry women.
(c) Cowardly men.
(d) Failed writers.
14. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
15. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A concert.
(c) A school dance.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
2. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
3. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
4. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
5. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)