|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(c) Gallows humor.
2. What happens to Chinaski as he gets thinner in "You Get So Alone At Times . . ."?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes more interested in drinking.
(c) He finds himself less attractive.
(d) He stops writing.
3. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
(a) Over spiced.
(c) Under spiced.
4. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A turtle.
5. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) Business office.
(c) Dentist office.
6. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's mother.
(b) The man's wife.
(c) The man's sister.
(d) The man's daughter.
7. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
(a) Old critics.
(b) Male critics.
(c) Female critics.
(d) Young critics.
8. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big feet.
(b) She has a large nose.
(c) She has big eyes.
(d) She has long hair.
9. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
10. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
11. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
(a) "Relentless as a Tarantula."
(c) "Only For a Minute."
(d) "Their Night."
12. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
13. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A family.
(c) A pet.
(d) A girl.
14. What is Li Po's occupation?
15. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
2. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
3. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
4. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
5. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)