|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He is unnattractive.
(d) He talks too much.
2. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
3. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He is pulled over by a cop.
(b) He meets a woman at the bar.
(c) He files for divorce.
(d) He gets into a fight.
4. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
5. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(c) Intelligent people.
6. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(b) Health care.
(d) Public safety.
7. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A war.
8. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
9. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
10. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
11. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
12. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
13. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big feet.
(b) She has a large nose.
(c) She has big eyes.
(d) She has long hair.
14. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
15. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
(a) The reader.
(b) His wife.
(d) His fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
2. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
3. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
4. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
5. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)