|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
2. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(a) Intelligent people.
3. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
(a) He gives it away.
(b) He rips it up.
(c) He turns it into a paper crane.
(d) He uses it as a cushion.
4. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
5. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) He is losing a lot of blood.
(b) He is fighting.
(c) He is cleaning.
(d) He is working.
6. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A large memorial site.
(c) A diner.
(d) A block of houses.
7. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big feet.
(b) She has big eyes.
(c) She has a large nose.
(d) She has long hair.
8. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
(a) Young critics.
(b) Old critics.
(c) Male critics.
(d) Female critics.
9. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
(a) His father.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The editor.
(d) His mother.
10. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
11. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
(d) Dating a woman.
12. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
(a) His fears.
(b) His wife.
(d) The reader.
13. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
14. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
15. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
2. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
3. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
4. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
5. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)