|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) A war.
(b) Things he does not like.
(c) Things he cares about.
(d) Things he has felt anger toward.
2. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has long hair.
(b) She has big feet.
(c) She has a large nose.
(d) She has big eyes.
3. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A family.
(b) A pet.
(c) A girl.
(d) A dead man.
4. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
(a) Female critics.
(b) Young critics.
(c) Male critics.
(d) Old critics.
5. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He is pulled over by a cop.
(b) He meets a woman at the bar.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He files for divorce.
6. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
(a) His father.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The editor.
(d) His mother.
7. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
8. What is Li Po's occupation?
9. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
10. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(c) Boll weevil.
11. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
12. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(b) Random House.
(c) Proctor & Gamble.
13. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's daughter.
(b) The man's sister.
(c) The man's wife.
(d) The man's mother.
14. Whom does Chinaski drink with in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
15. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chinaski as he gets thinner in "You Get So Alone At Times . . ."?
2. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
3. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
4. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
5. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)