|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(a) Health care.
(b) Public safety.
2. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
(c) Rose Mary.
3. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
4. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
5. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A war.
6. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
(a) The editor.
(b) His father.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His mother.
7. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
8. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "The Lady in the Castle."
(b) "The Boil."
(c) "The Blade."
(d) "Not Listed."
9. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
10. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
(a) The rug.
(b) A creaky floor.
(c) The cat.
(d) A spill.
11. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has a large nose.
(b) She has big eyes.
(c) She has long hair.
(d) She has big feet.
12. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
13. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
(a) It is unappealing.
(b) It is lost forever.
(c) It is abundant.
(d) It is diminished.
14. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
15. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
(a) It does not change.
(b) It is lost for a short while.
(c) It becomes more abundant.
(d) It disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "You Get So Alone At Times . . ." how many pounds does Chinaski recall losing in order to get published?
2. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
3. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
4. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
5. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)