|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A large memorial site.
(c) A block of houses.
(d) A diner.
2. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
(a) The reader.
(b) His fears.
(d) His wife.
3. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A hairstylist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A painter.
(d) A teacher.
4. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
5. Chinaski concludes that he owes his life to whom?
6. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
7. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) He is losing a lot of blood.
(b) He is fighting.
(c) He is working.
(d) He is cleaning.
8. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
(a) "Relentless as a Tarantula."
(b) "Only For a Minute."
(c) "Their Night."
9. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
(b) Dating a woman.
10. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
(c) Over spiced.
(d) Under spiced.
11. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
12. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
13. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
14. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) Things he does not like.
(b) Things he cares about.
(c) Things he has felt anger toward.
(d) A war.
15. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(b) A bomb.
(d) A war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
2. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
3. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
4. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
5. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)