|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A concert.
(c) A school dance.
(d) A birthday party.
3. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A friend.
(b) A pet.
(c) A love life.
(d) Ten free minutes.
4. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) Things he has felt anger toward.
(b) Things he does not like.
(c) Things he cares about.
(d) A war.
5. What is Li Po's occupation?
6. In "You Get So Alone At Times . . ." how many pounds does Chinaski recall losing in order to get published?
7. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
8. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A poet.
(b) A painter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A hairstylist.
9. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(b) Boll weevil.
10. How many cats does Chinaski claim to own?
11. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A large memorial site.
(c) A block of houses.
(d) A whorehouse.
12. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
(d) Dating a woman.
13. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
14. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(a) Health care.
(d) Public safety.
15. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
2. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
3. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
4. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
5. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)