|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
(a) New York.
2. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
3. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Tending to bedding.
(b) Doing paperwork.
(c) Sweeping and mopping.
4. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
5. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(c) Boll weevil.
6. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
7. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
8. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) Things he cares about.
(b) A war.
(c) Things he has felt anger toward.
(d) Things he does not like.
9. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
(d) Post ofice.
10. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A poet.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A hairstylist.
(d) A painter.
11. Whom does Chinaski drink with in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
12. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) Two to one.
(b) Fifty to one.
(c) One hundred to one.
(d) Ten to one.
13. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A block of houses.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) A large memorial site.
14. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
15. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
2. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
3. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
4. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
5. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)