|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A concert.
(d) A school dance.
3. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
(d) New York.
4. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He won the lottery.
(b) He moved away.
(c) He had a child.
(d) He got a job.
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
6. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
7. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) He is cleaning.
(b) He is working.
(c) He is losing a lot of blood.
(d) He is fighting.
8. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) Due to dementia.
(b) By a heart attack.
(c) In his sleep.
9. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A girl.
(b) A family.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A pet.
10. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
11. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
12. Chinaski concludes that he owes his life to whom?
13. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A large memorial site.
(b) A whorehouse.
(c) A block of houses.
(d) A diner.
14. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
15. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He is unnattractive.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He is unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
2. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
3. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
4. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
5. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)