|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
2. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
3. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
4. What is Li Po's occupation?
5. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
6. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(c) A bomb.
(d) A war.
7. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Painted his house.
(b) Fixed his car.
(c) Raked his leaves.
(d) Ran errands for him.
8. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A block of houses.
(c) A large memorial site.
(d) A diner.
9. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He meets a woman at the bar.
(b) He is pulled over by a cop.
(c) He files for divorce.
(d) He gets into a fight.
10. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
11. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He is unintelligent.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He is unnattractive.
(d) He talks too much.
12. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(b) Sweeping and mopping.
(c) Tending to bedding.
(d) Doing paperwork.
13. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(a) Intelligent people.
14. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
15. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
2. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
3. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
4. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
5. What happens to Chinaski as he gets thinner in "You Get So Alone At Times . . ."?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)