|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He files for divorce.
(b) He meets a woman at the bar.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He is pulled over by a cop.
2. What is Li Po's occupation?
3. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
4. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(b) Dentist office.
(d) Business office.
5. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(b) Due to dementia.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) By a heart attack.
6. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(a) Proctor & Gamble.
(c) Random House.
7. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) One hundred to one.
(b) Fifty to one.
(c) Two to one.
(d) Ten to one.
8. Why does Chinaski think that many women go to bed with him in "Working"?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is nice.
(d) He is attractive.
9. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A poet.
(b) A painter.
(c) A hairstylist.
(d) A teacher.
10. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
11. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He is unintelligent.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He is unnattractive.
(d) He talks too much.
12. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
13. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
(a) It is hard to be demanding.
(b) It is hard to find love.
(c) It is hard to make it big.
(d) It is hard to be hopeful.
14. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
15. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
2. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
3. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
4. Whom does Chinaski drink with in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
5. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)