|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
2. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
(b) "Only For a Minute."
(c) "Their Night."
(d) "Relentless as a Tarantula."
3. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
(a) The editor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A school dance.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A concert.
(d) A wedding.
5. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
(c) French bread.
6. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
(a) It is hard to make it big.
(b) It is hard to find love.
(c) It is hard to be demanding.
(d) It is hard to be hopeful.
7. Chinaski concludes that he owes his life to whom?
8. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(b) A bomb.
(d) A war.
9. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He is unnattractive.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He is unintelligent.
10. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
11. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A turtle.
12. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A friend.
(b) A love life.
(c) A pet.
(d) Ten free minutes.
13. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
14. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
15. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Li Po's occupation?
2. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
3. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
4. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
5. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)