|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He got a job.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He moved away.
(d) He had a child.
2. What is Li Po's occupation?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's second friend in "Practice"?
4. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
5. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
(b) His fears.
(c) His wife.
(d) The reader.
6. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He is pulled over by a cop.
(b) He files for divorce.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He meets a woman at the bar.
7. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
8. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
9. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
10. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(a) South America.
11. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(a) A bomb.
(d) A war.
12. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
13. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(d) Boll weevil.
14. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(c) Proctor & Gamble.
(d) Random House.
15. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
(a) It is lost forever.
(b) It is abundant.
(c) It is unappealing.
(d) It is diminished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
2. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
3. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
4. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)