|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
(a) Love does not exist.
(b) There are no certainties.
(c) The real world does not exist.
(d) There is no reason for faith.
2. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A poet.
(c) A painter.
(d) A hairstylist.
3. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big feet.
(b) She has big eyes.
(c) She has a large nose.
(d) She has long hair.
4. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Sweeping and mopping.
(c) Tending to bedding.
(d) Doing paperwork.
5. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
(a) It is lost forever.
(b) It is unappealing.
(c) It is diminished.
(d) It is abundant.
6. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
7. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
(b) "Hard Times."
8. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
(d) New York.
9. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
10. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
11. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
(a) The bar.
(b) The docks.
(c) The diner.
(d) The grocery store.
12. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) He is working.
(b) He is losing a lot of blood.
(c) He is fighting.
(d) He is cleaning.
13. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
14. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(a) Public safety.
(d) Health care.
15. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
2. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
3. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
4. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
5. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)