|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A pet.
(b) A girl.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A family.
2. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) A model.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A poet.
3. Chinaski tells the story of a jockey from which state in "Trying to Make It"?
(d) New York.
4. In "You Get So Alone At Times . . ." how many pounds does Chinaski recall losing in order to get published?
5. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He won the lottery.
(b) He got a job.
(c) He had a child.
(d) He moved away.
6. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
(a) French bread.
7. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
(a) Young critics.
(b) Male critics.
(c) Female critics.
(d) Old critics.
8. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "Not Listed."
(b) "The Lady in the Castle."
(c) "The Boil."
(d) "The Blade."
9. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(c) Gallows humor.
10. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(d) Intelligent people.
11. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) By a heart attack.
(d) Due to dementia.
12. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
13. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
14. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
15. What is Li Po's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
2. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
3. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
4. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
5. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)