|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(b) In his sleep.
(c) By a heart attack.
(d) Due to dementia.
2. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
4. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
(d) Rose Mary.
5. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
6. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
7. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
8. In "Sticks and Stones . . ." Chinaski responds to whom?
(a) Male critics.
(b) Old critics.
(c) Young critics.
(d) Female critics.
9. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A friend.
(b) Ten free minutes.
(c) A pet.
(d) A love life.
10. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
11. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(b) Public safety.
(d) Health care.
12. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Tending to bedding.
(c) Doing paperwork.
(d) Sweeping and mopping.
13. What happens to Chinaski as he gets thinner in "You Get So Alone At Times . . ."?
(a) He finds himself less attractive.
(b) He stops writing.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He becomes more interested in drinking.
14. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) A poet.
(b) A model.
(c) An actor.
(d) A writer.
15. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
2. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
3. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
4. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
5. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)