|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's second friend in "Practice"?
2. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(a) Public safety.
(d) Health care.
3. Whom does Chinaski drink with in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
4. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(a) Intelligent people.
5. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(a) Gallows humor.
6. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(b) Random House.
(c) Proctor & Gamble.
7. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
(a) Failed writers.
(c) Cowardly men.
(d) Angry women.
8. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
(a) The diner.
(b) The docks.
(c) The bar.
(d) The grocery store.
9. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
10. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
11. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
12. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
13. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
14. Why does Chinaski think that many women go to bed with him in "Working"?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is attractive.
(d) He is nice.
15. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
(a) It does not change.
(b) It is lost for a short while.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It becomes more abundant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
2. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
3. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
4. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
5. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)