|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(d) He takes his money.
2. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Sweeping and mopping.
(b) Tending to bedding.
(d) Doing paperwork.
3. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's sister.
(b) The man's daughter.
(c) The man's mother.
(d) The man's wife.
4. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(a) "Supposedly Famous."
(d) "I'll Take It."
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
2. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
3. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
4. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
5. Which poem is considered a play on words?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)