|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(c) American education.
(d) The fulfillment of ambitions.
2. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A race track.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A grocery store.
3. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
4. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(a) "My Vanishing Act."
(c) "The Master Plan."
5. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An English poet.
(b) An actor.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) A German composer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
2. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
3. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
4. Where does Chinaski live?
5. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)