|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
(a) To take him to the bathroom.
(b) To show him the performers up close.
(c) To get him to an area that is less noisy.
(d) To take him back stage.
2. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That he will watch her back.
(b) That she is in big trouble now.
(c) That she is amazing.
(d) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
3. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
(a) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
4. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
5. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(d) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
2. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
3. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
4. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
5. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
2. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
3. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
4. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
5. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
6. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
7. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
8. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
9. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
10. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)