|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(b) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
(c) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
(d) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
2. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(b) Grabs Andrew.
(c) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(d) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
3. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Slams him into the ground.
(b) Punches him in the stomach.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Kicks him in the shin.
4. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(b) No one.
5. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(d) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
2. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
3. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
4. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
5. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
2. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
3. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
4. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
5. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
6. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
7. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
8. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
9. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
10. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)