|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(b) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
(c) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(d) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
2. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) The performer.
(b) Two stage hands.
(c) Good seats.
(d) Two security guards.
3. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is just a couple inches long.
(b) It is dyed red.
(c) It has dread locks with beads.
(d) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
4. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Break her finger.
(b) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(c) Fight off three bullies at once.
(d) Break foster's leg.
5. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A policewoman.
(b) A lawyer or judge.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
2. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
3. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
4. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
5. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
2. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
3. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
4. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
5. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
6. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
7. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
8. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
9. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
10. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)