|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
(b) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
(c) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
(d) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
2. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Grabs Andrew.
(b) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(c) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(d) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
3. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
(b) He is awestruck.
(c) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(d) He thinks Andrew is awful.
4. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Where a lost child might be found.
(b) If the performers are already back stage.
(c) Why the lights are different colors.
(d) Why the backdrop is striped.
5. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(d) She goes over and speaks to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
2. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
3. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
4. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
5. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
3. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
4. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
5. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
6. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
7. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
8. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
9. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
10. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)