|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
(b) That he will watch her back.
(c) That she is amazing.
(d) That she is in big trouble now.
2. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(b) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(c) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(d) Yolanda invites her over after school.
3. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Why the lights are different colors.
(b) Why the backdrop is striped.
(c) Where a lost child might be found.
(d) If the performers are already back stage.
4. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(b) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(c) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(d) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
5. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Turn down dessert.
(d) Play the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
2. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
3. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
4. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
5. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
2. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
3. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
4. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
5. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
6. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
7. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
8. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
9. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
10. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)