|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(b) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(c) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
(d) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
2. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Takes them out to dinner.
(b) Fixes everyone's hair.
(c) Teaches them a new song or two.
(d) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
3. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Having her hair fixed.
(b) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(c) Writing an essay for her homework.
(d) Baking a cake.
4. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Jump rope.
(d) Reserve seats.
5. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) A professional musician.
(b) A jazz singer.
(c) No one; he does not need discovered.
(d) Her Aunt Tiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
2. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
3. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
4. Where is the concert being held?
5. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
2. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
3. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
4. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
5. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
6. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
7. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
8. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
9. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
10. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)