|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(b) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(c) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
(d) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
2. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(b) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(c) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
(d) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
3. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She does not even hear the first concert.
(b) She is enthralled.
(c) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(d) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
4. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he will not be around a large crowd.
(b) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(c) That he gets scared.
(d) That he tends to wander off.
5. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Play the piano.
(c) Turn down dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store agree to do?
2. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
3. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
4. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
5. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
2. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
3. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
4. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
5. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
6. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
7. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
8. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
9. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
10. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)