|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In a fairly matronly dress.
(b) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(c) In trendy capris and a tank top.
(d) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
2. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(b) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
(c) For beating up the drug pushers.
(d) For the cake failing to rise.
3. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(b) Grabs Andrew.
(c) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(d) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
4. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(b) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
(c) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) If she feels comfortable there.
(b) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(c) If Yolanda is happy.
(d) If the classes are challenging enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
2. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
3. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
4. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
5. Where is the concert being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
3. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
4. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
5. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
6. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
7. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
8. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
9. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
10. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)