|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Fixes everyone's hair.
(b) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
(c) Takes them out to dinner.
(d) Teaches them a new song or two.
2. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
(b) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
(c) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
(d) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
3. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(c) That he would be lost without her at home.
(d) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
4. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
(b) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(c) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
(d) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) If she feels comfortable there.
(b) If Yolanda is happy.
(c) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(d) If the classes are challenging enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
2. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
3. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
4. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
5. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
3. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
4. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
5. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
6. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
7. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
8. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
9. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
10. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)