|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(b) Turn down dessert.
(d) Play the piano.
2. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
(a) Send her to a school for gifted children.
(b) Let Yolanda come and live with her.
(c) Send Yolanda to a health spa for the summer.
(d) Get Yolanda extra piano lessons.
3. Where is the concert being held?
(a) The city auditorium.
(b) Grant Park.
(c) A high school stadium.
(d) The civic center.
4. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
(b) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(c) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(d) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
5. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
(b) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
(c) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
(d) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
2. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
3. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
4. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
5. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
2. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
3. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
4. Why is Yolanda unable to listen as the concert opens?
5. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
6. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
7. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
8. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
9. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
10. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)