|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
(b) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(c) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(d) She is not enthusiastic.
2. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(b) Try out for the special arts school.
(c) Both go to schools for geniuses.
(d) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
3. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That he would be lost without her at home.
(b) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(c) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(d) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
4. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
(a) Yolanda is ill and is no longer allowed to jump rope.
(b) Shirley's white and too short.
(c) Yolanda has taken a pledge to never reveal how to do it.
(d) Yolanda says her mother has forbidden her to jump rope anymore.
5. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) How to request a specific song.
(b) How to get the front row seats.
(c) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(d) About a lost child situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
2. What does Yolanda manage to do?
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
4. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
5. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
2. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
3. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
4. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
5. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
6. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
7. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
8. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
9. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
10. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)