|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(b) That being friends is a waste of time.
(c) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
(d) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
2. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Andrew's music teacher.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Aunt Tiny.
3. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) An airline stewardess.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) An English teacher.
4. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
(b) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
(c) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
(d) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
5. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) There are no security guards.
(b) There has been a terrorist threat.
(c) To keep people from going backstage.
(d) They are the performer's bodyguards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
2. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
3. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
4. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
5. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
3. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
4. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
5. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
6. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
7. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
8. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
9. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
10. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)