|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
(b) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(c) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(d) She is not enthusiastic.
2. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(b) No one.
3. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(b) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(c) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
(d) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
4. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(b) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(c) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(d) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
5. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
2. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
3. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
4. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
5. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
2. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
3. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
4. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
5. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
6. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
7. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
8. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
9. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
10. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)