|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A policewoman.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A lawyer or judge.
(d) A doctor.
2. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(b) Break her finger.
(c) Break foster's leg.
(d) Fight off three bullies at once.
3. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) To keep people from going backstage.
(b) There has been a terrorist threat.
(c) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(d) There are no security guards.
4. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is just a couple inches long.
(b) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(c) It has dread locks with beads.
(d) It is dyed red.
5. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) An airline stewardess.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store agree to do?
2. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
3. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
4. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
2. Why is Yolanda unable to listen as the concert opens?
3. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
4. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
5. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
6. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
7. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
8. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
9. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
10. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)