|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(b) Both go to schools for geniuses.
(c) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(d) Try out for the special arts school.
2. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She loves her teacher.
(b) She hates her teacher.
(c) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(d) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(b) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(c) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(d) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
4. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Malt balls.
(c) Sour balls.
5. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shirley respond?
2. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
3. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
4. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
2. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
3. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
4. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
5. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
6. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
7. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
8. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
9. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
10. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)