|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(b) That being friends is a waste of time.
(c) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(d) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
2. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(c) An ice cream parlour.
3. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(b) How to get the front row seats.
(c) How to request a specific song.
(d) About a lost child situation.
4. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) That he would be lost without her at home.
(c) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(d) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
5. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their grandfather.
(c) Aunt Tiny.
(d) Andrew's music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
2. What does the store agree to do?
3. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
4. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
5. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
3. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
4. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
5. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
6. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
7. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
8. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
9. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
10. Why is Yolanda unable to listen as the concert opens?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)