|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He no longer loves music.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(d) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
2. How is Vic helping Andrew?
(a) By using music to teach Andrew to read.
(b) By helping Andrew learn to ride a bike.
(c) By getting him music lessons with a well known teacher.
(d) By taking Andrew to the museums to teach him to read.
3. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says no.
(b) Yolanda says nothing.
(c) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(d) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
4. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
(a) He does not know about Yolanda's deal.
(b) He never gets stage fright.
(c) He is too excited about Yolanda's encounter with the bullies.
(d) He wants an harmonica badly.
5. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
2. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
3. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
4. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
5. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
2. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
3. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
4. Why is Yolanda unable to listen as the concert opens?
5. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
6. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
7. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
8. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
9. Who admires Yolanda standing up to Romulus, and what is Yolanda's response to his admiration?
10. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)