|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(b) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(c) In trendy capris and a tank top.
(d) In a fairly matronly dress.
2. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(a) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
(b) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
(c) That Andrew should be on the stage.
3. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
(a) His need for a different school.
(b) His need for music lessons.
(c) Not insisting upon his studying harder.
(d) His musical genius.
4. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
(b) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
(c) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(d) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
5. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
(b) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
(c) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
(d) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
2. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
3. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
4. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
5. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)