|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
(a) His need for music lessons.
(b) His musical genius.
(c) Not insisting upon his studying harder.
(d) His need for a different school.
2. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A policewoman.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer or judge.
3. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Their father.
(b) Andrew's music teacher.
(c) Aunt Tiny.
(d) Their grandfather.
4. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Being kin to the performer.
(c) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(d) Not feeling well.
5. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
(b) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(c) That he would be lost without her at home.
(d) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
2. Where is the concert being held?
3. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
4. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
5. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
2. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
3. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
4. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
5. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
6. Why doesn't there seem to be any way back stage?
7. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
8. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
9. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
10. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)