|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) There has been a terrorist threat.
(b) There are no security guards.
(c) To keep people from going backstage.
(d) They are the performer's bodyguards.
2. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(b) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
(c) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
(d) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
3. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He is awestruck.
(b) He thinks Andrew is awful.
(c) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(d) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
4. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) It is too puffed out.
(b) The style is flirty.
(c) It is too short.
(d) It is too straight.
5. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says no.
(b) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(c) Yolanda says nothing.
(d) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
2. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
3. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
4. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
5. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
2. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
3. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
4. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
5. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
6. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
7. Why is Yolanda unable to listen as the concert opens?
8. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
9. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
10. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)