|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the concert being held?
(a) The city auditorium.
(b) Grant Park.
(c) The civic center.
(d) A high school stadium.
2. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Teaches them a new song or two.
(b) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
(c) Fixes everyone's hair.
(d) Takes them out to dinner.
3. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
(b) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
(c) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
(d) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
4. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(b) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
(c) She is enthralled.
(d) She does not even hear the first concert.
5. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Having her hair fixed.
(b) Baking a cake.
(c) Writing an essay for her homework.
(d) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
2. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
3. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
4. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
5. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Momma bring up while they are traveling that disturbs Yolanda?
2. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
3. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
4. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
5. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
6. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
7. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
8. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
9. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
10. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)