|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) There has been a terrorist threat.
(b) To keep people from going backstage.
(c) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(d) There are no security guards.
2. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Kicks him in the shin.
(b) Slams him into the ground.
(c) Punches him in the stomach.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
3. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(d) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
4. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wants to go home.
(b) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(c) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
(d) Andrew wanders away from his family.
5. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
(b) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
(c) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(d) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
2. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
3. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
4. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
5. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yolanda explain all her questions to the security guards?
2. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
3. What does Yolanda do when she sees the bullies in Asphalt Hill?
4. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
5. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
6. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
7. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
8. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
9. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
10. What disturbs Yolanda about how Aunt Tiny fixes Yolanda's mother's hair?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)