|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
(a) Pray with them.
(b) Make breakfast.
(c) Iron their clothes.
(d) Inspect them for the school day.
2. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
(a) The steps in making a cake.
(b) The steps in creating a rubric.
(c) The steps in the double-dutch form.
(d) The way to make a poster presentation.
3. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) Her dead father.
(d) Her missing father.
4. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) Miss Gilluly.
(c) His music teacher.
(d) His mother.
5. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
(a) To compliment her mother with something nice.
(b) To have a comment to Andrew.
(c) To figure out if she really is one.
(d) To have a smart rejoinder for the boy the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie has come back to haunt Yolanda?
2. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
3. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
4. Why doesn't Andrew feel connected to the sounds in the house?
5. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yolanda go about getting Andrew a new harmonica?
2. What is one terrible thing that has happened lately?
3. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
4. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
5. What are the skaters at Asphalt Hill's reactions to Andrew's harmonica playing?
6. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
7. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
8. How is Andrew when Yolanda finds him, and what is her reaction?
9. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
10. How does Yolanda feel in Michigan and why?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)