|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
(a) Wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Asks him for a chess match.
(c) Ruins his food.
(d) Slaps him.
2. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
(a) To have a comment to Andrew.
(b) To figure out if she really is one.
(c) To have a smart rejoinder for the boy the next day.
(d) To compliment her mother with something nice.
3. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) It is cocaine.
(b) The money is stolen.
(c) The substance is illegal.
(d) The beatle is still alive.
4. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) For her children to behave better.
5. What is Yolanda not allowed to do at home?
(a) Interrupt Andrew's practice sessions.
(b) Bake a cake.
(c) Talk on the phone for more than five minutes.
(d) Watch television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willie Meredith?
2. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
3. What does Shirley Piper wonder about Yolanda?
4. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
5. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives Yolanda comfort in her new home?
2. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
3. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
4. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
5. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
6. Where has Yolanda chosen to sit in her classroom and why?
7. What are the skaters at Asphalt Hill's reactions to Andrew's harmonica playing?
8. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
9. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
10. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)