|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) His mother.
(b) Miss Gilluly.
(d) His music teacher.
2. What is wrong with Andrew's momma?
(a) She has bad arthritis.
(b) She is always tired.
(c) She has a bad back.
(d) She is blind.
3. Who is Shirley Piper?
(a) A girl who saves a seat on the bus for Yolanda.
(b) The principal at Yolanda's new school.
(c) Yolanda's favorite teacher.
(d) Yolanda's next-door neighbor.
4. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) On the park playground.
(b) At home playing his harmonica.
(c) In his class at school.
(d) At home sleeping.
5. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(b) Federal prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel in her new home?
2. What is different about Vic Watts?
3. What word does Yolanda look up in the dictionary?
4. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
5. What has Andrew be nicknamed by some of the boys that hang out at Asphalt Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
2. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley, yet still talks to her?
3. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
4. What is Yolanda thinking about as the novel opens?
5. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
6. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
7. How is Andrew when Yolanda finds him, and what is her reaction?
8. Who does Andrew meet when he arrives for his reading lesson?
9. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
10. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)