|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(a) A baby.
(b) About 8.
2. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Between Andrew and the drug dealers.
(b) Between kids from different schools.
(c) Between the skaters and the basketball players.
(d) Between the older boys and the younger boys.
3. What cheers Yolanda's spirits?
(a) Andrew eats a big piece of the cake and seems better.
(b) Shirley is still impressed with Yolanda's genius.
(c) The cake tastes great.
(d) Andrew is safe and plays them a song on his harmonica.
4. What will be better with the move?
(a) They will own their own home.
(b) The neighborhood will be safer.
(c) It will costs less to live.
(d) The apartment will be bigger.
5. What does Yolanda offer to teach Shirley?
(a) How to make lasagna.
(b) How to make money at a lemonade stand.
(c) How to bake the perfect cake.
(d) How to write cursive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
2. What is Asphalt Hill?
3. What does Shirley hope Yolanda will teach her?
4. What does Yolanda do a lot of in the classroom?
5. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
2. What does Aunt Tiny do for a living, and how does that help Yolanda's family?
3. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
4. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
5. What is Yolanda thinking about as the novel opens?
6. How does Yolanda go about getting Andrew a new harmonica?
7. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
8. How do Yolanda and Andrew play in their concert for Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma, and how do the two women respond to the performance?
9. Where has Yolanda chosen to sit in her classroom and why?
10. What is a problem with how Andrew reacts to his sister dragging him around the park?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)