|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chimp do?
(a) Hits Vic Watts.
(b) Intervenes for Andrew when some bullies are botherin him.
(c) Smashes Andrew's harmonica.
(d) Calls for the police.
2. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
(a) He's afraid of going to jail.
(b) He has seen what drugs do to others.
(c) He's afraid of his mother finding out.
(d) It is too expensive.
3. Where does Yolanda's family live at the opening of the novel?
(d) Ann Arbor.
4. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
(a) The other janitor.
(b) No one.
(c) The principal.
(d) Students and a teacher.
5. What seat does Yolando take in her classroom?
(a) Where she is most visible to the teacher.
(b) As far back as possible.
(c) In the middle where she will blend in and not be noticed.
(d) Next to a boy who smiles at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
2. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
3. Who scolds Andrew?
4. Who is Stoney Buxton?
5. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
2. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
3. What is Yolanda thinking about as the novel opens?
4. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to anyone when her family is leaving to go visit Aunt Tiny?
5. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley, yet still talks to her?
6. What does Yolanda go to the library to research and what does she learn?
7. Who does Andrew meet when he arrives for his reading lesson?
8. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
9. How does Yolanda feel after Shirley leaves and what does she say to her aunt Tiny about Shirley?
10. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)