|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
(a) Iron their clothes.
(b) Pray with them.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Inspect them for the school day.
2. How old is Andrew?
3. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) The money is stolen.
(b) It is cocaine.
(c) The substance is illegal.
(d) The beatle is still alive.
4. What word does Yolanda look up in the dictionary?
5. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
(a) Brown noser.
(b) Teacher's Pet (Elephant).
(c) Teacher's Mosquito.
(d) Miss Know It All.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
2. Who is Stoney Buxton?
3. Who scolds Andrew?
4. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
5. What does Andrew continue to do after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
2. Where has Yolanda chosen to sit in her classroom and why?
3. Who does Andrew meet when he arrives for his reading lesson?
4. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley, yet still talks to her?
5. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
6. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
7. How does Andrew become confused when Miss Gilluly shows him a picture of a dog?
8. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
9. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
10. What are the skaters at Asphalt Hill's reactions to Andrew's harmonica playing?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)