|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Andrew dream?
(a) Get revenge against Romulus Foster.
(b) Giving his second-best harmonica away.
(c) Hitting Chimp over and over.
(d) Burying his harmonica.
2. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) The substance is illegal.
(b) The beatle is still alive.
(c) It is cocaine.
(d) The money is stolen.
3. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
(a) Andew does not care what happened several hundred years ago.
(b) The children in the photo do not resemble Andrew.
(c) Andrew thinks the parasol is silly.
(d) Andrew is afraid of dogs.
4. Who is Vic Watts?
(a) Yolanda's English teacher.
(b) A black man called in to try to teach Andrew to read.
(c) Yolanda's math teacher.
(d) Andrew's music teacher.
5. What does Yolanda suddenly remember when Shirley mentions Andrew?
(a) She forgot to pick up Andrew at the park.
(b) She wants to save a piece of the cake for Andrew.
(c) She has a present for Andrew.
(d) She and Andrew have to stay with their father the next weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stoney Buxton?
2. What does Andrew think he is supposed to do?
3. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
4. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
5. What is Asphalt Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
2. How does Yolanda go about getting Andrew a new harmonica?
3. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
4. What does Yolanda go to the library to research and what does she learn?
5. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
6. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
7. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
8. Why is the darker side of Asphalt Hill, and what are Andrews thoughts about that?
9. Where has Yolanda chosen to sit in her classroom and why?
10. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)