|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home sleeping.
(b) On the park playground.
(c) In his class at school.
(d) At home playing his harmonica.
2. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
(a) The sights, sounds and tastes.
(b) Her very best friend.
(c) The better schools.
(d) The public library which was a block away.
3. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) Her missing father.
(d) Her dead father.
4. How does Yolanda feel in her new home?
5. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
(a) Getting her students to want to learn.
(b) Get a promotion.
(c) Teach Andrew to read.
(d) Stop Yolanda from raising her hand in class so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
2. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
3. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
4. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
5. Who is Stoney Buxton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
2. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
3. How does Andrew become confused when Miss Gilluly shows him a picture of a dog?
4. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
5. How does Yolanda steer Shirley's interest away from talking about jump roping?
6. What are the skaters at Asphalt Hill's reactions to Andrew's harmonica playing?
7. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
8. How is Andrew when Yolanda finds him, and what is her reaction?
9. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
10. How is the cake when Yolanda returns from the park with Andrew?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)