|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
(a) His friend's toy soldiers.
(b) His mother's recitation of his father's traits.
(c) Learning to read English.
(d) Learning to read music.
2. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
(b) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
(c) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
(d) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
3. How does Yolanda feel in her new home?
4. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(a) A baby.
(c) About 8.
5. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) Her missing father.
(b) Her dead father.
(c) Her mother's illness.
(d) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chimp do?
2. What will be better with the move?
3. To what smell does Yolando wake?
4. How old is Andrew?
5. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
2. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
3. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
4. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
5. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
6. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
7. How does Yolanda feel in Michigan and why?
8. How does Shirley react to what Yolanda tells her?
9. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
10. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)