|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Yolanda look up in the dictionary?
2. What does Yolanda think about all day?
(a) How to manipulate her mother.
(b) The kind of cake she will make.
(c) Why Shirley is cozening up to her.
(d) Whether she really wants Shirley as a friend.
3. Where does Yolanda's family live at the opening of the novel?
(d) Ann Arbor.
4. What is in an illustration that gives Andrew no motivation?
(a) A white girl walking with a parasol.
(b) A dog swimming with a white boy.
(c) The depiction of two white kids.
(d) Washington crossing the Delaware.
5. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) His mother.
(b) His music teacher.
(c) Miss Gilluly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Yolanda finally concerning his harmonica?
2. Who is Stoney Buxton?
3. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
4. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley?
5. What does Yolanda offer to teach Shirley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
2. Why is the darker side of Asphalt Hill, and what are Andrews thoughts about that?
3. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
4. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
5. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
6. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
7. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
8. What is one terrible thing that has happened lately?
9. What gives Yolanda comfort in her new home?
10. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)