|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Between Andrew and the drug dealers.
(b) Between the older boys and the younger boys.
(c) Between the skaters and the basketball players.
(d) Between kids from different schools.
2. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
(a) Every five minutes.
(b) Every half hour.
(c) Every minute.
(d) She forgot to check on it altogether.
3. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
(a) The hot dog vendor.
(b) The blind, old man who plays who trumpet for money on the corner.
(c) The drug pushers.
(d) The skating rink manager.
4. Of what does Yolanda try to convince herself as she runs to the park?
(a) That Shirley can take responsibility for the cake and do fine.
(b) That the neighborhood is safe.
(c) That other boys would protect Andrew.
(d) That Andrew is able to fight well.
5. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
(a) Wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Ruins his food.
(c) Asks him for a chess match.
(d) Slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
2. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
3. What does Yolanda tell Shirley to test?
4. Where does Yolanda go on the bus?
5. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
2. What happens when Momma finally notices Andrew's new harmonica?
3. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
4. How does Yolanda feel in Michigan and why?
5. What does Yolanda realize when she and Andrew get backstage?
6. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
7. What is one terrible thing that has happened lately?
8. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
9. How does Yolanda steer Shirley's interest away from talking about jump roping?
10. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)