|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
(a) Students and a teacher.
(b) No one.
(c) The principal.
(d) The other janitor.
2. What seat does Yolando take in her classroom?
(a) In the middle where she will blend in and not be noticed.
(b) Next to a boy who smiles at her.
(c) Where she is most visible to the teacher.
(d) As far back as possible.
3. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) Miss Gilluly.
(b) His mother.
(d) His music teacher.
4. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
(a) A train.
(b) A dog.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A fire hydrant.
5. Where does Yolanda's mother decide to move her family?
(a) Grand River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
2. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
3. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
4. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
5. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
2. Why is the darker side of Asphalt Hill, and what are Andrews thoughts about that?
3. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
4. How does Yolanda go about getting Andrew a new harmonica?
5. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
6. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
7. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
8. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
9. How does Yolanda steer Shirley's interest away from talking about jump roping?
10. What is Yolanda thinking about as the novel opens?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)