|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Andrew be nicknamed by some of the boys that hang out at Asphalt Hill?
(a) The Mouth.
(b) Soft shoe Andro.
(d) The Pied Piper.
2. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The metal being smashed.
(b) The seagulls eating the garbage.
(c) The tires settling when they throw a new batch on the pile.
(d) The wheels on concrete.
3. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(a) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
(c) Skinny Mini.
4. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
(a) A gospel tune.
(b) Some jazz.
(c) "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(d) "Old MacDonald."
5. Where does Yolanda go on the bus?
(a) To Shirley's house.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To see a friend.
(d) To buy Andrew a harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
2. Who is Romulus Foster?
3. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
4. Where does Yolanda's mother decide to move her family?
5. How does Andrew wake up the family in the mornings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Andrew responding to the new harmonica and what does Yolanda think will help him?
2. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
3. What does Momma want Yolanda to study in college and what are Yolanda's ambitions?
4. What happens when Yolanda notices three men eying her momma?
5. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
6. What does Yolanda do when she sees two female security guards?
7. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
8. What happens when Yolanda and Andrew visit Stellers music store?
9. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
10. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)