|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vic show Andrew?
(a) Carnegie Hall to demonstrate to Andrew where he could end up.
(b) The sheet music for the song Andrew plays.
(c) His talking wristwatch.
(d) The electric controls on his wheelchair.
2. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) Her mother's illness.
(b) Her dead father.
(c) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(d) Her missing father.
3. For what is Andrew scolded?
(a) Returning Yolanda's pencils unsharpened.
(b) Not cleaning his flute properly.
(c) Leaving his harmonica out during a lesson.
(d) Sleeping in class.
4. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Finding a husband.
(d) For her children to behave better.
5. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) His music teacher.
(b) His mother.
(d) Miss Gilluly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shirley Piper wonder about Yolanda?
2. Who is Romulus Foster?
3. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
4. To what smell does Yolando wake?
5. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
2. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
3. What is one terrible thing that has happened lately?
4. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
5. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
6. Where has Yolanda chosen to sit in her classroom and why?
7. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
8. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
9. Who does Andrew meet when he arrives for his reading lesson?
10. How does Andrew become confused when Miss Gilluly shows him a picture of a dog?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)