|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stoney Buxton?
(a) A boy who is learning harmonica also.
(b) A skater who says he does better when Andrew is playing his harmonica.
(c) A boy who is learning to play the flute.
(d) A drug dealer in the neighborhood.
2. What is Yolanda doing while Andrew is playing his harmonica near Asphalt Hill?
(a) Reading a book under the tree.
(b) Talking with one of the boys who is skating.
(c) Going to the public library.
(d) Talking with Shirley.
3. About what does Andrew dream?
(a) Burying his harmonica.
(b) Giving his second-best harmonica away.
(c) Hitting Chimp over and over.
(d) Get revenge against Romulus Foster.
4. What does Yolanda do a lot of in the classroom?
(b) Write notes.
(c) Raise her hand.
(d) Talk to her neighbors.
5. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(a) Federal prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
2. How does Andrew seem when Yolanda reaches him at the park?
3. How does Andrew wake up the family in the mornings?
4. Who calls Yolanda this word?
5. What will be better with the move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
2. What does Yolanda go to the library to research and what does she learn?
3. Why is the darker side of Asphalt Hill, and what are Andrews thoughts about that?
4. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
5. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
6. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
7. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
8. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
9. How is the cake when Yolanda returns from the park with Andrew?
10. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)