|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stoney Buxton?
(a) A boy who is learning to play the flute.
(b) A drug dealer in the neighborhood.
(c) A skater who says he does better when Andrew is playing his harmonica.
(d) A boy who is learning harmonica also.
2. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
(a) Her very best friend.
(b) The better schools.
(c) The public library which was a block away.
(d) The sights, sounds and tastes.
3. What does Vic show Andrew?
(a) Carnegie Hall to demonstrate to Andrew where he could end up.
(b) His talking wristwatch.
(c) The electric controls on his wheelchair.
(d) The sheet music for the song Andrew plays.
4. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
(b) Drug pushers.
(d) Girls watching the boys.
5. About what does Andrew dream?
(a) Burying his harmonica.
(b) Get revenge against Romulus Foster.
(c) Giving his second-best harmonica away.
(d) Hitting Chimp over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Andrew's momma?
2. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
3. What is Yolanda yelling to Shirley as Yolanda rushes out of the house?
4. For what is Andrew scolded?
5. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a problem with how Andrew reacts to his sister dragging him around the park?
2. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
3. How is Andrew when Yolanda finds him, and what is her reaction?
4. How does Andrew become confused when Miss Gilluly shows him a picture of a dog?
5. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
6. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
7. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
8. What "epiphany" does Yolanda have when she is at the park?
9. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
10. What does Momma say in reply to Yolanda saying Andrew is a genius and needs a special school?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)