|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(a) Skinny Mini.
(d) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
2. Who is Shirley Piper?
(a) A girl who saves a seat on the bus for Yolanda.
(b) Yolanda's favorite teacher.
(c) The principal at Yolanda's new school.
(d) Yolanda's next-door neighbor.
3. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home sleeping.
(b) At home playing his harmonica.
(c) In his class at school.
(d) On the park playground.
4. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
(a) A train.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A police officer.
5. Who calls Yolanda this word?
(a) Yolanda's mother.
(d) A boy who sits behind her in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shirley mean when she tells Yolanda that it takes one to know one?
2. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
3. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
4. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
5. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
2. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
3. How does Andrew become confused when Miss Gilluly shows him a picture of a dog?
4. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
5. Why is the darker side of Asphalt Hill, and what are Andrews thoughts about that?
6. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
7. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
8. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
9. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
10. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)