|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Shirley?
(a) Angry that Yolanda left her to deal with the cake.
(b) Her eyes are full of tears.
(c) Excited at her first cake.
2. What does Vic show Andrew?
(a) His talking wristwatch.
(b) The electric controls on his wheelchair.
(c) Carnegie Hall to demonstrate to Andrew where he could end up.
(d) The sheet music for the song Andrew plays.
3. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home playing his harmonica.
(b) On the park playground.
(c) At home sleeping.
(d) In his class at school.
4. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
(a) The word is an insult to others but not her.
(b) She is not the true genius in the family.
(c) She is actually quite grown-up and infantile does not describe her.
(d) She is intelligent, but not exceptional.
5. What is in an illustration that gives Andrew no motivation?
(a) A white girl walking with a parasol.
(b) A dog swimming with a white boy.
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware.
(d) The depiction of two white kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
2. What does Yolanda's Momma find in Andrew's pocket?
3. What makes Yolanda feel better when she is thinking about her old home?
4. Who came into the school with a gun?
5. Who is Stoney Buxton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Yolanda and Shirley in school concerning the jump rope.
2. How does Yolanda respond to the cruel comments by the other children on the bus?
3. Why does Momma decide to move from Chicago?
4. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
5. Why does Yolanda volunteer to reserve her family's seats for the concert that evening?
6. What happens that gives Yolanda an idea about how to get back stage?
7. What is a problem with how Andrew reacts to his sister dragging him around the park?
8. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
9. Describe Yolanda's family's first night with Aunt Tiny.
10. Why does Yolanda send Shirley away in a cruel manner?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)