|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Andrew be nicknamed by some of the boys that hang out at Asphalt Hill?
(a) The Mouth.
(b) The Pied Piper.
(c) Soft shoe Andro.
2. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
(b) An additional comment about her answer.
(c) A group of students who clap.
(d) A big grin on her face.
3. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) A vacation.
(d) For her children to behave better.
4. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
(a) Get a promotion.
(b) Getting her students to want to learn.
(c) Teach Andrew to read.
(d) Stop Yolanda from raising her hand in class so much.
5. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Between Andrew and the drug dealers.
(b) Between the older boys and the younger boys.
(c) Between kids from different schools.
(d) Between the skaters and the basketball players.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda think about all day?
2. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
3. Of what does Yolanda try to convince herself as she runs to the park?
4. About what does Andrew dream?
5. For what is Andrew scolded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew go to Asphalt Hill?
2. What are the skaters at Asphalt Hill's reactions to Andrew's harmonica playing?
3. What is the other terrible thing that has happened recently?
4. What gives Yolanda comfort in her new home?
5. How does Yolanda go about getting Andrew a new harmonica?
6. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
7. How does Shirley react to what Yolanda tells her?
8. Who is impressed by Yolanda and why?
9. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
10. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)