|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yolanda not allowed to do at home?
(a) Talk on the phone for more than five minutes.
(b) Interrupt Andrew's practice sessions.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Bake a cake.
2. What does Andrew tell Yolanda finally concerning his harmonica?
(a) That is was going bad.
(b) That drug pushers broke it.
(c) That he has decided to take up guitar.
(d) That he dropped it and it broke and he was so angry, he broke it the rest of the way.
3. For what is Andrew scolded?
(a) Sleeping in class.
(b) Not cleaning his flute properly.
(c) Returning Yolanda's pencils unsharpened.
(d) Leaving his harmonica out during a lesson.
4. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
(a) Every minute.
(b) Every half hour.
(c) Every five minutes.
(d) She forgot to check on it altogether.
5. What does Yolanda think about all day?
(a) How to manipulate her mother.
(b) Why Shirley is cozening up to her.
(c) The kind of cake she will make.
(d) Whether she really wants Shirley as a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yolanda shouting at Andrew in the morning?
2. Where does Yolanda go on the bus?
3. Who calls Yolanda this word?
4. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
5. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yolanda steer Shirley's interest away from talking about jump roping?
2. What gives Yolanda comfort in her new home?
3. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
4. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
5. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
6. How is Andrew when Yolanda finds him, and what is her reaction?
7. What does Yolanda "borrow" of her mother's, and what is she thinking about as she does so?
8. How does Vic use music to make a connection with Andrew?
9. Who does Andrew meet when he arrives for his reading lesson?
10. What does Yolanda go to the library to research and what does she learn?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)