|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A musician.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
2. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
(b) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
(c) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
(d) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
3. Who was at the playground when Andrew was there?
(a) The principal just before he was shot.
(b) Some pushers.
(c) A couple ponies kids could ride.
(d) A swat team.
4. What does Yolanda offer to teach Shirley?
(a) How to write cursive.
(b) How to make money at a lemonade stand.
(c) How to make lasagna.
(d) How to bake the perfect cake.
5. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
(a) A gospel tune.
(b) Some jazz.
(c) "Old MacDonald."
(d) "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
2. Who is Willie Meredith?
3. Of what does Yolanda try to convince herself as she runs to the park?
4. What does Yolanda suddenly remember when Shirley mentions Andrew?
5. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one terrible thing that has happened lately?
2. What does Shirley say about double-dutch that causes Yolanda great discomfort?
3. Describe Andrew's encounter with the drug pushers at Asphalt Hill.
4. How does Yolanda steer Shirley's interest away from talking about jump roping?
5. Why does Yolanda usually add a comment when she answers a question?
6. What does Yolanda tell herself as she is running to Asphalt Hill?
7. What has Miss Gilluly done in relation to teaching Andrew to read?
8. How does Shirley react to what Yolanda tells her?
9. What does Yolanda yell to Shirley as Yolanda is running out of the house?
10. Who is Andrew's teacher and why is she scolding him?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)