|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A lawyer or judge.
(b) A policewoman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A scientist.
2. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) Not impressed.
(b) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(c) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(d) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
3. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In a fairly matronly dress.
(b) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(c) In trendy capris and a tank top.
(d) In a dress that shows off her figure.
4. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) If the classes are challenging enough.
(b) If Yolanda is happy.
(c) If she feels comfortable there.
(d) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
5. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
(a) Yolanda is ill and is no longer allowed to jump rope.
(b) Shirley's white and too short.
(c) Yolanda says her mother has forbidden her to jump rope anymore.
(d) Yolanda has taken a pledge to never reveal how to do it.
6. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
(b) Yolanda says nothing.
(c) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(d) Yolanda says no.
7. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That she is amazing.
(b) That she is in big trouble now.
(c) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
(d) That he will watch her back.
8. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(b) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(c) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
(d) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
9. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
10. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(b) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(c) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(d) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
11. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) About a lost child situation.
(b) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(c) How to get the front row seats.
(d) How to request a specific song.
12. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(b) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(c) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(d) Grabs Andrew.
13. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
(a) He does not know about Yolanda's deal.
(b) He never gets stage fright.
(c) He is too excited about Yolanda's encounter with the bullies.
(d) He wants an harmonica badly.
14. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) To keep people from going backstage.
(b) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(c) There are no security guards.
(d) There has been a terrorist threat.
15. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(b) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
(c) For beating up the drug pushers.
(d) For the cake failing to rise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
2. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
3. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
4. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
5. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)