|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Being kin to the performer.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Not feeling well.
(d) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
2. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
(b) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(c) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
(d) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
3. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He is awestruck.
(b) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
(c) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(d) He thinks Andrew is awful.
4. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
(b) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(d) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
5. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(b) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
(c) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(d) She is not enthusiastic.
6. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(b) That he will not be around a large crowd.
(c) That he gets scared.
(d) That he tends to wander off.
7. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(b) Turn down dessert.
(c) Play the piano.
8. Where is the concert being held?
(a) A high school stadium.
(b) The civic center.
(c) The city auditorium.
(d) Grant Park.
9. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
(a) A lecture from her mother.
(b) Stoney's admiration.
(c) A black eye.
(d) An attack when she is walking alone and unprepared.
10. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(c) No one.
11. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(b) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(c) Grabs Andrew.
(d) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
12. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) Try out for the special arts school.
(c) Both go to schools for geniuses.
(d) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
13. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) That he would be lost without her at home.
(c) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
(d) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
14. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He wants to become a dancer.
(b) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(c) He no longer loves music.
(d) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
15. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(b) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda invites her over after school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
2. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
3. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
4. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
5. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)