|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(d) No one.
2. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he will not be around a large crowd.
(b) That he gets scared.
(c) That he tends to wander off.
(d) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
3. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) A professional musician.
(b) A jazz singer.
(c) No one; he does not need discovered.
(d) Her Aunt Tiny.
4. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(b) About a lost child situation.
(c) How to request a specific song.
(d) How to get the front row seats.
5. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
(b) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(c) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
(d) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
6. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(b) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(c) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(d) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
7. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(d) He no longer loves music.
8. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She does not even hear the first concert.
(b) She is enthralled.
(c) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
(d) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
9. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) Not impressed.
(b) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(c) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(d) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
10. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
(b) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(c) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
(d) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
11. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) The performer.
(b) Two security guards.
(c) Good seats.
(d) Two stage hands.
12. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Being kin to the performer.
(b) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Not feeling well.
13. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) It is too puffed out.
(b) It is too straight.
(c) It is too short.
(d) The style is flirty.
14. How is Vic helping Andrew?
(a) By getting him music lessons with a well known teacher.
(b) By helping Andrew learn to ride a bike.
(c) By taking Andrew to the museums to teach him to read.
(d) By using music to teach Andrew to read.
15. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
2. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
3. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
4. What does the store agree to do?
5. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)