|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Stealing their drugs.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(d) The police.
2. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(b) She is not enthusiastic.
(c) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(d) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
3. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
(a) Her momma knows the performer and says she will speak to him.
(b) The backstage manager walks onstage with a small, blond boy.
(c) Her Aunt Tiny suggests calling the performer ahead of time.
(d) She encounters a kind, wealthy woman who offers to help her.
4. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
(b) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(c) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(d) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
5. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(b) It has dread locks with beads.
(c) It is just a couple inches long.
(d) It is dyed red.
6. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Being kin to the performer.
(b) Not feeling well.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
7. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(b) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
(c) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(d) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
8. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(b) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
(c) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(d) That being friends is a waste of time.
9. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he tends to wander off.
(b) That he gets scared.
(c) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(d) That he will not be around a large crowd.
10. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) How to get the front row seats.
(b) How to request a specific song.
(c) About a lost child situation.
(d) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
11. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Their father.
(b) Aunt Tiny.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Andrew's music teacher.
12. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) A pilot.
(d) An airline stewardess.
13. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) It is too straight.
(b) It is too short.
(c) It is too puffed out.
(d) The style is flirty.
14. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(d) No one.
15. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(b) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(c) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(d) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
2. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
3. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
4. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
5. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)