|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(c) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(d) She goes over and speaks to them.
2. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
(b) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
(c) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
(d) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
3. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Having her hair fixed.
(b) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(c) Baking a cake.
(d) Writing an essay for her homework.
4. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Play the piano.
(d) Turn down dessert.
5. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) About a lost child situation.
(b) How to request a specific song.
(c) How to get the front row seats.
(d) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
6. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(b) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
7. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(b) Yolanda says nothing.
(c) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
(d) Yolanda says no.
8. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(b) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(c) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(d) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
9. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Not feeling well.
(b) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(c) Being kin to the performer.
(d) Her brother.
10. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Why the lights are different colors.
(b) If the performers are already back stage.
(c) Where a lost child might be found.
(d) Why the backdrop is striped.
11. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(d) No one.
12. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(b) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
(c) She hates her teacher.
(d) She loves her teacher.
13. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
14. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(b) An ice cream parlour.
15. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) Good seats.
(b) Two stage hands.
(c) The performer.
(d) Two security guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
2. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
3. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
4. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
5. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)