|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Sour balls.
(c) Malt balls.
2. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It has dread locks with beads.
(b) It is dyed red.
(c) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(d) It is just a couple inches long.
3. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Reserve seats.
(b) Jump rope.
4. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She goes over and speaks to them.
(d) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
5. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(a) Her friend from Chicago.
(c) A way to get Andrew backstage.
(d) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
6. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) That he would be lost without her at home.
(c) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(d) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
7. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
8. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
(b) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
(c) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
(d) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
9. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
(b) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(c) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(d) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
10. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) If the classes are challenging enough.
(b) If she feels comfortable there.
(c) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(d) If Yolanda is happy.
11. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(b) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(c) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
(d) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
12. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Where a lost child might be found.
(b) Why the lights are different colors.
(c) Why the backdrop is striped.
(d) If the performers are already back stage.
13. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Andrew's music teacher.
(c) Their father.
(d) Aunt Tiny.
14. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) The performer.
(b) Good seats.
(c) Two security guards.
(d) Two stage hands.
15. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She is enthralled.
(b) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(c) She does not even hear the first concert.
(d) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
2. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
3. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
4. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
5. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)