|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(b) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
(c) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(d) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
2. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(a) Sour balls.
(b) Malt balls.
3. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is just a couple inches long.
(b) It is dyed red.
(c) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(d) It has dread locks with beads.
4. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
(b) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(c) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
(d) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
5. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That being friends is a waste of time.
(b) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(c) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(d) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
6. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
(a) In several months.
(b) Within days.
(c) Yolanda is not sure.
(d) She had just visited before the story opens.
7. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Andrew's music teacher.
(b) Aunt Tiny.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their grandfather.
8. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(b) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
9. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(b) To keep people from going backstage.
(c) There has been a terrorist threat.
(d) There are no security guards.
10. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wants to go home.
(b) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
(c) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(d) Andrew wanders away from his family.
11. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) How to request a specific song.
(b) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(c) How to get the front row seats.
(d) About a lost child situation.
12. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For the cake failing to rise.
(b) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(c) For beating up the drug pushers.
(d) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
13. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Stealing their drugs.
(c) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(d) The police.
14. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Play the piano.
(d) Turn down dessert.
15. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Writing an essay for her homework.
(b) Having her hair fixed.
(c) Baking a cake.
(d) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
2. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
4. How is Vic helping Andrew?
5. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)