|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
(b) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(c) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(d) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
2. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(b) If the classes are challenging enough.
(c) If she feels comfortable there.
(d) If Yolanda is happy.
3. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
(a) Send her to a school for gifted children.
(b) Let Yolanda come and live with her.
(c) Send Yolanda to a health spa for the summer.
(d) Get Yolanda extra piano lessons.
4. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She is enthralled.
(b) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(c) She does not even hear the first concert.
(d) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
5. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
(a) Shirley's white and too short.
(b) Yolanda has taken a pledge to never reveal how to do it.
(c) Yolanda says her mother has forbidden her to jump rope anymore.
(d) Yolanda is ill and is no longer allowed to jump rope.
6. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
(a) Go to the park and reserve their seats.
(b) Help Aunt Tiny finish cleaning her shop so they can leave on time.
(c) Help her mother cook breakfast so they can leave on time.
(d) Get Andrew ready to go.
7. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(b) Break her finger.
(c) Break foster's leg.
(d) Fight off three bullies at once.
8. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(b) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(c) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(d) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
9. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
(a) To take him back stage.
(b) To show him the performers up close.
(c) To get him to an area that is less noisy.
(d) To take him to the bathroom.
10. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Kicks him in the shin.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Slams him into the ground.
(d) Punches him in the stomach.
11. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) If the performers are already back stage.
(b) Why the lights are different colors.
(c) Where a lost child might be found.
(d) Why the backdrop is striped.
12. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(b) In a fairly matronly dress.
(c) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(d) In trendy capris and a tank top.
13. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(a) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
(b) That Andrew should be on the stage.
(c) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
14. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
(b) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(c) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(d) She is not enthusiastic.
15. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She hates her teacher.
(b) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
(c) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(d) She loves her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
2. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
3. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
4. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
5. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)