|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(d) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
2. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
(a) Help Aunt Tiny finish cleaning her shop so they can leave on time.
(b) Help her mother cook breakfast so they can leave on time.
(c) Go to the park and reserve their seats.
(d) Get Andrew ready to go.
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(b) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(c) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(d) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
4. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he tends to wander off.
(b) That he gets scared.
(c) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(d) That he will not be around a large crowd.
5. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(b) That being friends is a waste of time.
(c) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
(d) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
6. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says nothing.
(b) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
(c) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(d) Yolanda says no.
7. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(b) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
(c) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
8. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(b) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(c) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
(d) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
9. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Jump rope.
(d) Reserve seats.
10. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Teaches them a new song or two.
(b) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
(c) Fixes everyone's hair.
(d) Takes them out to dinner.
11. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He is awestruck.
(b) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
(c) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(d) He thinks Andrew is awful.
12. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Punches him in the stomach.
(b) Slams him into the ground.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Kicks him in the shin.
13. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
(b) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
(c) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(d) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
14. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(c) An ice cream parlour.
15. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) To keep people from going backstage.
(b) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(c) There are no security guards.
(d) There has been a terrorist threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
2. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
3. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
4. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
5. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)