|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Turn down dessert.
(b) Play the piano.
2. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
(a) An attack when she is walking alone and unprepared.
(b) A black eye.
(c) Stoney's admiration.
(d) A lecture from her mother.
3. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(b) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
4. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Fight off three bullies at once.
(b) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(c) Break her finger.
(d) Break foster's leg.
5. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) An airline stewardess.
(d) A pilot.
6. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
(b) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(c) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(d) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
7. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Where a lost child might be found.
(b) Why the backdrop is striped.
(c) Why the lights are different colors.
(d) If the performers are already back stage.
8. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
(a) She had just visited before the story opens.
(b) In several months.
(c) Within days.
(d) Yolanda is not sure.
9. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
(b) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(c) She loves her teacher.
(d) She hates her teacher.
10. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
11. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(c) An ice cream parlour.
12. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Andrew's music teacher.
(b) Their father.
(c) Aunt Tiny.
(d) Their grandfather.
13. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wants to go home.
(b) Andrew wanders away from his family.
(c) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(d) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
14. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(b) Reserve seats.
(c) Jump rope.
15. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She goes over and speaks to them.
(b) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(c) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(d) She giggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the concert being held?
2. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
3. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
4. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
5. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)