|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Punches him in the stomach.
(b) Kicks him in the shin.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Slams him into the ground.
2. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A lawyer or judge.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A policewoman.
3. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She goes over and speaks to them.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(d) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
4. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(b) Not feeling well.
(c) Being kin to the performer.
(d) Her brother.
5. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(a) An ice cream parlour.
6. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(b) Not impressed.
(c) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
(d) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
7. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(b) Grabs Andrew.
(c) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(d) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
8. Where is the concert being held?
(a) The civic center.
(b) A high school stadium.
(c) Grant Park.
(d) The city auditorium.
9. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
(a) Her momma knows the performer and says she will speak to him.
(b) Her Aunt Tiny suggests calling the performer ahead of time.
(c) The backstage manager walks onstage with a small, blond boy.
(d) She encounters a kind, wealthy woman who offers to help her.
10. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(b) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
(c) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
(d) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
11. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(d) He no longer loves music.
12. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(b) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
(c) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(d) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
13. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
(a) Her colorful personality.
(b) Her aggressive personality.
(c) Her motivation to help Andrew.
(d) Her shyness.
14. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) An airline stewardess.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A police officer.
15. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(b) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
(c) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
(d) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
2. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
4. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
5. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)