|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
(b) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
(c) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
(d) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
2. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(b) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
(c) She does not even hear the first concert.
(d) She is enthralled.
3. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Having her hair fixed.
(b) Baking a cake.
(c) Writing an essay for her homework.
(d) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
4. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(b) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
(c) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(d) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
5. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(b) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(c) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
(d) Not impressed.
6. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
(a) To show him the performers up close.
(b) To get him to an area that is less noisy.
(c) To take him to the bathroom.
(d) To take him back stage.
7. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(b) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
(c) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
(d) That Andrew should be on the stage.
8. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(d) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
9. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Being kin to the performer.
(d) Not feeling well.
10. Where is the concert being held?
(a) A high school stadium.
(b) The civic center.
(c) The city auditorium.
(d) Grant Park.
11. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He wants to become a dancer.
(b) He no longer loves music.
(c) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(d) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
12. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(b) If the classes are challenging enough.
(c) If Yolanda is happy.
(d) If she feels comfortable there.
13. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(b) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(c) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
(d) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
14. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
(a) Send her to a school for gifted children.
(b) Let Yolanda come and live with her.
(c) Get Yolanda extra piano lessons.
(d) Send Yolanda to a health spa for the summer.
15. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Fight off three bullies at once.
(b) Break her finger.
(c) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(d) Break foster's leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
2. What does the store agree to do?
3. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
4. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
5. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)