|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
(a) She encounters a kind, wealthy woman who offers to help her.
(b) The backstage manager walks onstage with a small, blond boy.
(c) Her momma knows the performer and says she will speak to him.
(d) Her Aunt Tiny suggests calling the performer ahead of time.
2. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(b) To keep people from going backstage.
(c) There are no security guards.
(d) There has been a terrorist threat.
3. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He is awestruck.
(b) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(c) He thinks Andrew is awful.
(d) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
4. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She loves her teacher.
(b) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(c) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
(d) She hates her teacher.
5. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(a) Sour balls.
(b) Malt balls.
6. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) A professional musician.
(b) Her Aunt Tiny.
(c) No one; he does not need discovered.
(d) A jazz singer.
7. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Stealing their drugs.
(d) The police.
8. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(c) No one.
9. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(c) An ice cream parlour.
10. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
(a) His musical genius.
(b) His need for music lessons.
(c) Not insisting upon his studying harder.
(d) His need for a different school.
11. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(b) It has dread locks with beads.
(c) It is just a couple inches long.
(d) It is dyed red.
12. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(b) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
(c) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(d) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
13. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) Try out for the special arts school.
(c) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(d) Both go to schools for geniuses.
14. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(d) He no longer loves music.
15. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Slams him into the ground.
(c) Punches him in the stomach.
(d) Kicks him in the shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
2. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
3. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
4. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
5. What does the store agree to do?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)