|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For the cake failing to rise.
(b) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(c) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
(d) For beating up the drug pushers.
2. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Jump rope.
(d) Reserve seats.
3. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(b) Her friend from Chicago.
(c) A way to get Andrew backstage.
(d) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
4. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) If the classes are challenging enough.
(b) If Yolanda is happy.
(c) If she feels comfortable there.
(d) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
5. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
(b) Not impressed.
(c) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(d) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
6. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(b) There has been a terrorist threat.
(c) There are no security guards.
(d) To keep people from going backstage.
7. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
8. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is just a couple inches long.
(b) It is dyed red.
(c) It has dread locks with beads.
(d) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
9. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(b) The police.
(c) Stealing their drugs.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(b) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(c) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(d) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
11. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) How to get the front row seats.
(b) How to request a specific song.
(c) About a lost child situation.
(d) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
12. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) A jazz singer.
(b) No one; he does not need discovered.
(c) A professional musician.
(d) Her Aunt Tiny.
13. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(b) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(c) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
(d) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
14. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(b) Grabs Andrew.
(c) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(d) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
15. How is Vic helping Andrew?
(a) By helping Andrew learn to ride a bike.
(b) By taking Andrew to the museums to teach him to read.
(c) By getting him music lessons with a well known teacher.
(d) By using music to teach Andrew to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
2. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
3. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
4. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)