|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Aunt Tiny.
(b) Andrew's music teacher.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their father.
2. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She loves her teacher.
(b) She hates her teacher.
(c) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(d) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
3. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
(a) That Yolanda and Andrew were making terrible noise.
(b) That Andrew should concentrate on academics and not music.
(c) That Andrew is as far from a musical genius as one can get.
(d) That Yolanda will go to live with Aunt Tiny in a better neighborhood.
4. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
5. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
(b) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(c) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(d) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
6. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For beating up the drug pushers.
(b) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
(c) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(d) For the cake failing to rise.
7. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He no longer loves music.
(b) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(c) He wants to become a dancer.
(d) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
8. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
(a) Turn down dessert.
(b) Play the piano.
9. How is Vic helping Andrew?
(a) By using music to teach Andrew to read.
(b) By taking Andrew to the museums to teach him to read.
(c) By helping Andrew learn to ride a bike.
(d) By getting him music lessons with a well known teacher.
10. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wants to go home.
(b) Andrew wanders away from his family.
(c) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(d) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
11. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That he will watch her back.
(b) That she is in big trouble now.
(c) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
(d) That she is amazing.
12. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(b) Try out for the special arts school.
(c) Both go to schools for geniuses.
(d) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
13. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(b) That he tends to wander off.
(c) That he gets scared.
(d) That he will not be around a large crowd.
14. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
(a) A cake.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A regulation Double-dutch jump rope.
(d) A set of jacks.
15. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(a) Sour balls.
(c) Malt balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
2. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
3. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
4. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
5. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)