|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
(a) He is too excited about Yolanda's encounter with the bullies.
(b) He does not know about Yolanda's deal.
(c) He never gets stage fright.
(d) He wants an harmonica badly.
2. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
3. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(b) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(c) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(d) Grabs Andrew.
4. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is dyed red.
(b) It is just a couple inches long.
(c) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(d) It has dread locks with beads.
5. Where is the concert being held?
(a) Grant Park.
(b) The civic center.
(c) The city auditorium.
(d) A high school stadium.
6. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A lawyer or judge.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A policewoman.
7. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
(b) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(c) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
8. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
(a) His musical genius.
(b) His need for a different school.
(c) His need for music lessons.
(d) Not insisting upon his studying harder.
9. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
10. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) Two security guards.
(b) Good seats.
(c) Two stage hands.
(d) The performer.
11. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) It is too straight.
(b) The style is flirty.
(c) It is too puffed out.
(d) It is too short.
12. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Sour balls.
(d) Malt balls.
13. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Stealing their drugs.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(d) The police.
14. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(b) Baking a cake.
(c) Writing an essay for her homework.
(d) Having her hair fixed.
15. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(b) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
(c) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(d) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
2. What does Yolanda manage to do?
3. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
4. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
5. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)