|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(b) The police.
(c) Stealing their drugs.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Break her finger.
(b) Fight off three bullies at once.
(c) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
(d) Break foster's leg.
3. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her motivation to help Andrew.
(c) Her colorful personality.
(d) Her aggressive personality.
4. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A lecture from her mother.
(c) Stoney's admiration.
(d) An attack when she is walking alone and unprepared.
5. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
(a) That Yolanda has been told by her doctor she is not allowed to jump rope.
(b) That Shirley needs to bring two other people with her to turn the rope.
(c) That Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(d) That being friends is a waste of time.
6. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
(b) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
(c) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(d) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
7. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(d) She goes over and speaks to them.
8. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Malt balls.
(c) Sour balls.
9. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(b) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
(c) For beating up the drug pushers.
(d) For the cake failing to rise.
10. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Jump rope.
(d) Reserve seats.
11. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(b) In a fairly matronly dress.
(c) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(d) In trendy capris and a tank top.
12. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He no longer loves music.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(d) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
13. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
(b) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(c) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(d) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
14. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(b) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
(c) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(d) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
15. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
(a) Aunt Tiny.
(b) Andrew's music teacher.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
2. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
3. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
4. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
5. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)