|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) The style is flirty.
(b) It is too short.
(c) It is too straight.
(d) It is too puffed out.
2. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(b) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(c) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(d) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
3. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(b) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(c) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(d) Yolanda invites her over after school.
4. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
(b) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(c) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(d) That he would be lost without her at home.
5. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(b) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
(c) He is awestruck.
(d) He thinks Andrew is awful.
6. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wanders away from his family.
(b) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(c) Andrew wants to go home.
(d) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
7. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(b) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
(c) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(d) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
8. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
(a) Get Andrew ready to go.
(b) Help Aunt Tiny finish cleaning her shop so they can leave on time.
(c) Help her mother cook breakfast so they can leave on time.
(d) Go to the park and reserve their seats.
9. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Both go to schools for geniuses.
(b) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(c) Try out for the special arts school.
(d) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
10. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In a fairly matronly dress.
(b) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(c) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(d) In trendy capris and a tank top.
11. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
(a) She had just visited before the story opens.
(b) In several months.
(c) Yolanda is not sure.
(d) Within days.
12. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(b) Her friend from Chicago.
(c) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(d) A way to get Andrew backstage.
13. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
(b) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(c) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(d) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
14. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
(b) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(c) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
(d) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
15. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Slams him into the ground.
(c) Punches him in the stomach.
(d) Kicks him in the shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
2. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
3. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
4. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
5. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)