|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(b) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
(c) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(d) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
2. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(b) An ice cream parlour.
3. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
(b) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
(c) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
(d) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
4. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
(a) Her Aunt Tiny suggests calling the performer ahead of time.
(b) She encounters a kind, wealthy woman who offers to help her.
(c) Her momma knows the performer and says she will speak to him.
(d) The backstage manager walks onstage with a small, blond boy.
5. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
(a) Shirley's white and too short.
(b) Yolanda says her mother has forbidden her to jump rope anymore.
(c) Yolanda has taken a pledge to never reveal how to do it.
(d) Yolanda is ill and is no longer allowed to jump rope.
6. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) Two stage hands.
(b) Good seats.
(c) The performer.
(d) Two security guards.
7. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is dyed red.
(b) It has dread locks with beads.
(c) It is just a couple inches long.
(d) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
8. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(b) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(c) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(d) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
9. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Not feeling well.
(b) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Being kin to the performer.
10. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) About a lost child situation.
(b) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(c) How to get the front row seats.
(d) How to request a specific song.
11. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(b) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
(c) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(d) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
12. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(a) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
(c) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
(d) That Andrew should be on the stage.
13. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(b) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
14. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
15. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(b) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(c) She goes over and speaks to them.
(d) She giggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
2. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
3. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
4. What does Yolanda tell Shirley?
5. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)