|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda manage to do?
(a) Break her finger.
(b) Break foster's leg.
(c) Fight off three bullies at once.
(d) Knock the air out of Foster so he couldn't breathe.
2. What does Yolanda's momma want Yolanda to aspire to be someday?
(a) A policewoman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A lawyer or judge.
3. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In a fairly matronly dress.
(b) In trendy capris and a tank top.
(c) In a dress that shows off her figure.
(d) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
4. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(b) Having her hair fixed.
(c) Writing an essay for her homework.
(d) Baking a cake.
5. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(b) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(c) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
(d) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
6. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
7. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) Two stage hands.
(b) Good seats.
(c) The performer.
(d) Two security guards.
8. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
(a) It is too puffed out.
(b) The style is flirty.
(c) It is too short.
(d) It is too straight.
9. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
(c) The police.
(d) Stealing their drugs.
10. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She does not even hear the first concert.
(b) She is enthralled.
(c) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
(d) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
11. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(b) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(c) Her friend from Chicago.
(d) A way to get Andrew backstage.
12. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
(a) Shirley says she already knows all the words.
(b) Shirley smiles and has some chocolate.
(c) Shirley says she is grounded and can't come over.
(d) Shirley tells her she hates cookies.
13. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(b) If the classes are challenging enough.
(c) If she feels comfortable there.
(d) If Yolanda is happy.
14. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(b) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(c) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
(d) That he would be lost without her at home.
15. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Grabs Andrew.
(b) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(c) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(d) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
2. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
3. Where is the concert being held?
4. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
5. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)