|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Yolanda for solving her dilemma about talking to a performer?
(a) She encounters a kind, wealthy woman who offers to help her.
(b) Her momma knows the performer and says she will speak to him.
(c) The backstage manager walks onstage with a small, blond boy.
(d) Her Aunt Tiny suggests calling the performer ahead of time.
2. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(b) He is awestruck.
(c) He thinks Andrew is awful.
(d) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
3. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(b) He wants to become a dancer.
(c) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(d) He no longer loves music.
4. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(d) No one.
5. Where is the concert being held?
(a) A high school stadium.
(b) The city auditorium.
(c) The civic center.
(d) Grant Park.
6. For what does Yolanda blame Shirley?
(a) For making her think about jump roping when she is not allowed to do it.
(b) For the cake failing to rise.
(c) For beating up the drug pushers.
(d) For the attack in the park on Andrew.
7. How does Shirley respond?
(a) Shirley calls Yolanda a liar.
(b) Shirley says she was coming over to tell Yolanda she does not want to be friends.
(c) Shirley is devastated but keeps her composure.
(d) Shirley tells Yolanda to not come crying to her later.
8. Why does Yolanda not say goodbye to Shirley?
(a) Shirley is on vacation out of the state with her family.
(b) Shirley is not speaking to Yolanda.
(c) Yolanda is not speaking to Shirley.
(d) Shirley is ill with a contagious disease.
9. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
10. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(b) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
11. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Being kin to the performer.
(c) Not feeling well.
(d) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
12. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(b) She is not enthusiastic.
(c) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
(d) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
13. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(a) An ice cream parlour.
14. What does Yolanda do to Romulus Foster?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Kicks him in the shin.
(c) Slams him into the ground.
(d) Punches him in the stomach.
15. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Baking a cake.
(b) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(c) Having her hair fixed.
(d) Writing an essay for her homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
2. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
3. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
4. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)