|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(b) Yolanda invites her over after school.
(c) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(d) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
2. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) Her Aunt Tiny.
(b) A professional musician.
(c) No one; he does not need discovered.
(d) A jazz singer.
3. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) There has been a terrorist threat.
(b) There are no security guards.
(c) They are the performer's bodyguards.
(d) To keep people from going backstage.
4. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(a) That Andrew should be on the stage.
(b) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
(d) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
5. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
(a) A cake.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A set of jacks.
(d) A regulation Double-dutch jump rope.
6. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
(a) Her aggressive personality.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her colorful personality.
(d) Her motivation to help Andrew.
7. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(c) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
(d) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
8. How is Vic helping Andrew?
(a) By helping Andrew learn to ride a bike.
(b) By getting him music lessons with a well known teacher.
(c) By taking Andrew to the museums to teach him to read.
(d) By using music to teach Andrew to read.
9. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(b) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
(c) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
(d) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
10. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
(a) Two security guards.
(b) Good seats.
(c) The performer.
(d) Two stage hands.
11. What does Yolanda suggest she and Andrew do?
(a) Try out for the special arts school.
(b) Talk to each other and decide who will go live with Aunt Tiny.
(c) Give a concert for her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(d) Both go to schools for geniuses.
12. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
(a) Let Yolanda come and live with her.
(b) Get Yolanda extra piano lessons.
(c) Send Yolanda to a health spa for the summer.
(d) Send her to a school for gifted children.
13. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That she is in big trouble now.
(b) That she is amazing.
(c) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
(d) That he will watch her back.
14. What does Andrew realize as he listens to his sister dancing?
(a) He needs more instruments than just the harmonica.
(b) He has the best sister that any boy could want.
(c) He wants to become a dancer.
(d) He no longer loves music.
15. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yolanda steer Andrew away from his aunt and momma?
2. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
3. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
4. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda's attempt to make up?
5. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)