|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(b) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
(c) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(d) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
2. What sort of questions does Yolanda ask at the park?
(a) How to get the front row seats.
(b) How to request a specific song.
(c) About how soon the performer is backstage before the concert.
(d) About a lost child situation.
3. Where does Yolanda take Andrew after her encounter with Foster?
(a) An ice cream parlour.
4. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(b) Jump rope.
(c) Reserve seats.
5. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(a) A way to get Andrew backstage.
(b) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(d) Her friend from Chicago.
6. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
7. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
(a) She thinks the teacher dislikes her.
(b) She thinks the teacher is prejudiced.
(c) She hates her teacher.
(d) She loves her teacher.
8. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
(a) Aunt Tiny learning that Yolanda lied about being able to double-dutch.
(b) That Aunt Tiny would urge Yolanda to jump rope with Shirley.
(c) That Yolanda has a white girl for a friend.
(d) That Shirley would tell Aunt Tiny about her fight with the bullies.
9. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Andrew wants to go home.
(b) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(c) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
(d) Andrew wanders away from his family.
10. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Sour balls.
(d) Malt balls.
11. Why does Yolanda have to pull off her scheme without her momma's help?
(a) Her momma would be embarrassed to do what Yolanda is doing.
(b) Her momma would not consider trying to get Andrew back stage.
(c) Her momma dislikes the performer and would not want to meet him.
(d) Her momma has to stay to assist Aunt Tiny.
12. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Takes them out to dinner.
(b) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
(c) Fixes everyone's hair.
(d) Teaches them a new song or two.
13. Who does Yolanda think would have to be the one to discover Andrew?
(a) A jazz singer.
(b) Her Aunt Tiny.
(c) A professional musician.
(d) No one; he does not need discovered.
14. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
(b) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
(c) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(d) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
15. How does Yolanda's mother's hair look?
(a) It is dyed red.
(b) It is unbraided and unbeaded.
(c) It is just a couple inches long.
(d) It has dread locks with beads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
2. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
3. What does Yolanda do for the first time in months?
4. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
5. How is Vic helping Andrew?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)