|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
(a) The police.
(b) Stealing their drugs.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her supposed relationship with Cool Breeze.
2. What happens when the crowd gets loud?
(a) Yolanda realizes that Andrew could never perform in front of this group.
(b) Andrew wanders away from his family.
(c) Andrew grabs for his harmonica.
(d) Andrew wants to go home.
3. What does Yolanda suggest to her mother about Andrew?
(a) That Yolanda should be allowed to join the police cadets.
(b) That Andrew is the musician and should live with Aunt Tiny.
(c) That he needs a special school because he is a genius.
(d) That he would be lost without her at home.
4. Why are there security guards around the stage area?
(a) To keep people from going backstage.
(b) There are no security guards.
(c) There has been a terrorist threat.
(d) They are the performer's bodyguards.
5. What does Stoney Buxton call out to Yolanda?
(a) That he is going to tell the police about her attack.
(b) That she is in big trouble now.
(c) That he will watch her back.
(d) That she is amazing.
6. Why does Yolanda say Shirley cannot learn to double dutch?
(a) Shirley's white and too short.
(b) Yolanda says her mother has forbidden her to jump rope anymore.
(c) Yolanda has taken a pledge to never reveal how to do it.
(d) Yolanda is ill and is no longer allowed to jump rope.
7. What does Yolanda do at Grant Park?
(a) Reserve seats.
(d) Jump rope.
8. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She goes over and speaks to them.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
(d) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
9. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(a) Sour balls.
(b) Malt balls.
10. What does Yolanda volunteer to do the day of the concert?
(a) Help Aunt Tiny finish cleaning her shop so they can leave on time.
(b) Help her mother cook breakfast so they can leave on time.
(c) Get Andrew ready to go.
(d) Go to the park and reserve their seats.
11. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
12. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
(a) That Andrew should be on the stage.
(b) That Andrew needs more instruments to play.
(d) That her momma knows nothing about jazz music.
13. What does the store owner think of Andrew's playing?
(a) He thinks Andrew is awful.
(b) He is awestruck.
(c) He thinks Andrew needs some instruction.
(d) He thinks Andrew is just blowing through the instrument with no idea of what he is doing.
14. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
(b) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(c) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(d) Not impressed.
15. What does Andrew play for the store owner?
(a) The sounds of skaters during an ice hockey match.
(b) The angry sounds of Yolanda's fury during the fight.
(c) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yolanda's strongest trait to help her pull off her scheme?
2. What does Yolanda manage to do?
3. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
4. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
5. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)