|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
(a) A lecture from her mother.
(b) A black eye.
(c) An attack when she is walking alone and unprepared.
(d) Stoney's admiration.
2. How does Yolanda feel about Aunt Tiny's proposal?
(a) She thinks it's a wonderful idea.
(b) She wants to stay with her momma and Andrew.
(c) She is not enthusiastic.
(d) She doesn't want to eat all vegeatables.
3. Why is Yolanda upset about what Stoney Buxton tells her?
(a) She knows that he means that he'll be watching for when her back is turned to attack.
(b) She is afraid of going to jail for assault.
(c) He is talented and attractive and she wishes he did not witness her actions.
(d) She knows the bullies will be looking for a way to retaliate.
4. Where does Aunt Tiny work as a hairdresser?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
5. To whom else does Yolanda want to say goodbye?
(b) No one.
6. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
7. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(c) Malt balls.
(d) Sour balls.
8. What is Yolanda looking for before the concert begins?
(a) A way to distract her momma and Aunt Tiny.
(b) A way to get Andrew backstage.
(d) Her friend from Chicago.
9. Why do Aunt Tiny and Yolanda's momma look confused?
(a) Because of the concert Yolanda and Andrew give.
(b) Because Yolanda acts as though Andrew is a genius.
(c) Because of the way Andrew seems to play the same three chords over and over.
(d) Because Yolanda says she loves her school when all she's ever done is complain.
10. What does Yolanda say about Andrew's tendency in a large crowd?
(a) That he gets scared.
(b) That he treats everyone like his best friend.
(c) That he tends to wander off.
(d) That he will not be around a large crowd.
11. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An airline stewardess.
(d) A police officer.
12. How does Yolanda's mother dress when they go out to dinner?
(a) In trendy capris and a tank top.
(b) In sloppy, wrinkled clothes.
(c) In a fairly matronly dress.
(d) In a dress that shows off her figure.
13. What does Yolanda do as the crowd gets rowdy?
(a) Asks her aunt to please watch Andrew.
(b) Tells her mother she has to go to the bathroom.
(c) Tells Andrew to stick close to his momma.
(d) Grabs Andrew.
14. Of what is Yolanda's mother not convinced concerning Andrew?
(a) Not insisting upon his studying harder.
(b) His musical genius.
(c) His need for a different school.
(d) His need for music lessons.
15. What cause Yolanda to become furious?
(a) Seeing the bullies the next day after they had broken Andrew's harmonica.
(b) Yolanda's mother saying that Andrew needs to concentrate on his studies.
(c) Shirley saying she does not think Andrew is a genius.
(d) Shirley saying she does not want to be friends any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda realize as she is watching musicians unload their instruments?
2. What comment from her mother upsets Yolanda terribly?
3. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
4. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
5. What horrifies Yolanda about the way Aunt Tiny cuts Yolanda's mother's hair?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)