|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Tiny want to do for Yolanda?
(a) Send Yolanda to a health spa for the summer.
(b) Get Yolanda extra piano lessons.
(c) Send her to a school for gifted children.
(d) Let Yolanda come and live with her.
2. How does Yolanda try to make up her rudeness to Shirley?
(a) Yolanda offers her some of her chocolate bar.
(b) Yolanda offers her help with her vocabulary test.
(c) Yolanda offers her a cookie from her lunch.
(d) Yolanda invites her over after school.
3. What does Yolanda snack on during the car trip?
(b) Malt balls.
(d) Sour balls.
4. What does Yolanda's mother ask about Yolanda and her school?
(a) When Yolanda's grades will be mailed.
(b) If the classes are challenging enough.
(c) If she feels comfortable there.
(d) If Yolanda is happy.
5. What does Aunt Tiny always do when she visits?
(a) Takes them out to dinner.
(b) Teaches them a new song or two.
(c) Fixes everyone's hair.
(d) Has a present for Yolanda and Andrew.
6. What does Yolanda lie about to the two women she is talking with at the park?
(a) Not feeling well.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Being asked to deliver something to the performer.
(d) Being kin to the performer.
7. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
(a) Yolanda says she was but she was not a good friend.
(b) Yolanda says Shirley is a white girl.
(c) Yolanda says no.
(d) Yolanda says nothing.
8. What does Shirley have with her when she visits Yolanda?
(a) A cake.
(b) A set of jacks.
(c) A regulation Double-dutch jump rope.
(d) A puppy.
9. How does Yolanda expect her mother to react to the haircut in front of the kids?
10. What does Yolanda think might be her reward for bravery?
(a) An attack when she is walking alone and unprepared.
(b) A lecture from her mother.
(c) Stoney's admiration.
(d) A black eye.
11. Why doesn't Andrew have any stage fright when he goes to play for the music store owner?
(a) He never gets stage fright.
(b) He is too excited about Yolanda's encounter with the bullies.
(c) He does not know about Yolanda's deal.
(d) He wants an harmonica badly.
12. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She goes over and speaks to them.
(c) She points them out to her mother and teases her.
(d) She says they are leaving the restaurant.
13. How does Yolanda enjoy the first concert?
(a) She does not even hear the first concert.
(b) She thinks the musician is far less talented than Andrew.
(c) She is enthralled.
(d) Not at all as she is concentrating on her scheme.
14. What does Aunt Tiny say about Yolanda's piano playing?
(a) Not impressed.
(b) She thinks Yolanda is awful.
(c) She thinks Yolanda needs to practice more.
(d) She thinks Yolanda has great talent.
15. What is one question Yolanda asks while she is at the park?
(a) Why the backdrop is striped.
(b) Where a lost child might be found.
(c) Why the lights are different colors.
(d) If the performers are already back stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yolanda decide is the only person who can help Andrew?
2. How does Yolanda feel about her current teacher?
3. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
4. What does Yolanda fear in front of her Aunt Tiny?
5. With what does Yolanda threaten the bullies?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)