|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
(a) An additional comment about her answer.
(b) A big grin on her face.
(c) A group of students who clap.
2. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
(a) The blind, old man who plays who trumpet for money on the corner.
(b) The drug pushers.
(c) The skating rink manager.
(d) The hot dog vendor.
3. What seat does Yolando take in her classroom?
(a) Where she is most visible to the teacher.
(b) Next to a boy who smiles at her.
(c) As far back as possible.
(d) In the middle where she will blend in and not be noticed.
4. Why doesn't Andrew feel connected to the sounds in the house?
(a) Because he has a cold and his ears are plugged.
(b) Because there is a stranger making noise in the house with his sister.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) Because of not having his harmonica.
5. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(a) About 8.
(d) A baby.
6. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
(a) Andew does not care what happened several hundred years ago.
(b) Andrew is afraid of dogs.
(c) The children in the photo do not resemble Andrew.
(d) Andrew thinks the parasol is silly.
7. What does Yolanda's Momma find in Andrew's pocket?
(a) A gun.
(b) A note from the drug dealer who shot the principal.
(c) A bag of cocaine.
(d) A bag of marijuana.
8. Who is Vic Watts?
(a) Andrew's music teacher.
(b) Yolanda's English teacher.
(c) A black man called in to try to teach Andrew to read.
(d) Yolanda's math teacher.
9. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Girls watching the boys.
(b) Drug pushers.
10. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Between kids from different schools.
(b) Between Andrew and the drug dealers.
(c) Between the older boys and the younger boys.
(d) Between the skaters and the basketball players.
11. What is different about Vic Watts?
(a) He has a bad stutter.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is blind.
12. What picture does Miss Gilluly give Andrew and ask him what it is?
(a) A fire hydrant.
(b) A dog.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A train.
13. Who calls Yolanda this word?
(c) A boy who sits behind her in class.
(d) Yolanda's mother.
14. What does Andrew continue to do after school?
(a) Play harmonica for the skaters.
(b) Work for the local music store to earn another harmonica.
(c) Go home because he has no friends.
(d) Go to his music lessons.
15. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every minute.
(c) She forgot to check on it altogether.
(d) Every five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chimp do?
2. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
3. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
4. What does Yolanda discover in the middle of the night?
5. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)