|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yolanda feel in her new home?
2. Where does Yolanda's family live at the opening of the novel?
(c) Ann Arbor.
3. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(b) Her dead father.
(c) Her missing father.
(d) Her mother's illness.
4. What does Andrew continue to do after school?
(a) Work for the local music store to earn another harmonica.
(b) Go to his music lessons.
(c) Play harmonica for the skaters.
(d) Go home because he has no friends.
5. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
(a) To give him Andrew's second-best harmonica.
(b) To play some notes on the harmonica.
(c) To get closer to the rink so the skaters can hear him better.
(d) What Andrew would get for his mother's birthday.
6. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
(a) The steps in making a cake.
(b) The steps in creating a rubric.
(c) The steps in the double-dutch form.
(d) The way to make a poster presentation.
7. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
(a) To figure out if she really is one.
(b) To compliment her mother with something nice.
(c) To have a smart rejoinder for the boy the next day.
(d) To have a comment to Andrew.
8. To what smell does Yolando wake?
(a) Bacon frying and pancakes cooking.
(b) Her dog breathing in her face.
(c) Fish frying and waffles sizzling.
(d) Tar when the road is being repaired.
9. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
10. What makes Yolanda feel better when she is thinking about her old home?
(a) The lake near her house.
(b) Having her own room.
(c) Going down to where musicians jam in the park.
(d) Andrew playing his instruments.
11. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
(a) The sights, sounds and tastes.
(b) Her very best friend.
(c) The public library which was a block away.
(d) The better schools.
12. What is Yolanda not allowed to do at home?
(a) Interrupt Andrew's practice sessions.
(b) Talk on the phone for more than five minutes.
(c) Bake a cake.
(d) Watch television.
13. Who is Stoney Buxton?
(a) A drug dealer in the neighborhood.
(b) A boy who is learning harmonica also.
(c) A skater who says he does better when Andrew is playing his harmonica.
(d) A boy who is learning to play the flute.
14. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(d) Federal prison.
15. About what does Andrew dream?
(a) Burying his harmonica.
(b) Giving his second-best harmonica away.
(c) Hitting Chimp over and over.
(d) Get revenge against Romulus Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew think he is supposed to do?
2. Where does Yolanda go on the bus?
3. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
4. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
5. What is different about Vic Watts?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)