|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
(a) Andew does not care what happened several hundred years ago.
(b) The children in the photo do not resemble Andrew.
(c) Andrew thinks the parasol is silly.
(d) Andrew is afraid of dogs.
2. How is the cake when Yolanda arrives back home?
(c) Not quite done.
(d) Burnt to a crisp.
3. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Stop reading so much.
(d) Clean her room.
4. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(c) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
(d) Skinny Mini.
5. What does the Chimp do?
(a) Smashes Andrew's harmonica.
(b) Intervenes for Andrew when some bullies are botherin him.
(c) Hits Vic Watts.
(d) Calls for the police.
6. What does Yolanda suddenly remember when Shirley mentions Andrew?
(a) She wants to save a piece of the cake for Andrew.
(b) She forgot to pick up Andrew at the park.
(c) She and Andrew have to stay with their father the next weekend.
(d) She has a present for Andrew.
7. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The wheels on concrete.
(b) The tires settling when they throw a new batch on the pile.
(c) The seagulls eating the garbage.
(d) The metal being smashed.
8. How does Andrew seem when Yolanda reaches him at the park?
(b) Deeply upset.
9. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
(a) To play some notes on the harmonica.
(b) To give him Andrew's second-best harmonica.
(c) To get closer to the rink so the skaters can hear him better.
(d) What Andrew would get for his mother's birthday.
10. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
(a) The steps in creating a rubric.
(b) The steps in the double-dutch form.
(c) The steps in making a cake.
(d) The way to make a poster presentation.
11. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home sleeping.
(b) At home playing his harmonica.
(c) On the park playground.
(d) In his class at school.
12. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley?
(a) She thinks Shirley is less popular than Yolanda so Shirley sits with her not to be alone.
(b) She thinks Shirley might make fun of Yolanda behind her back.
(c) Yolanda is not suspicious of Shirley.
(d) She thinks Shirley might want something in return for Shirley's kindness.
13. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A musician.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A doctor.
14. What is in an illustration that gives Andrew no motivation?
(a) A white girl walking with a parasol.
(b) Washington crossing the Delaware.
(c) A dog swimming with a white boy.
(d) The depiction of two white kids.
15. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(a) Federal prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
2. What does Yolanda tell Shirley to test?
3. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
4. What cheers Yolanda's spirits?
5. What does Yolanda think about all day?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)