|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) The substance is illegal.
(b) The money is stolen.
(c) It is cocaine.
(d) The beatle is still alive.
2. What makes Yolanda feel better when she is thinking about her old home?
(a) Having her own room.
(b) Andrew playing his instruments.
(c) The lake near her house.
(d) Going down to where musicians jam in the park.
3. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
(a) The public library which was a block away.
(b) The better schools.
(c) The sights, sounds and tastes.
(d) Her very best friend.
4. For what is Andrew scolded?
(a) Leaving his harmonica out during a lesson.
(b) Returning Yolanda's pencils unsharpened.
(c) Not cleaning his flute properly.
(d) Sleeping in class.
5. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) He's afraid of going to jail.
(c) He's afraid of his mother finding out.
(d) He has seen what drugs do to others.
6. How many terrible things have happened recently in Yolanda's life?
7. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) Miss Gilluly.
(b) His music teacher.
(c) His mother.
8. Who calls Yolanda this word?
(a) A boy who sits behind her in class.
(c) Yolanda's mother.
9. What lie has come back to haunt Yolanda?
(a) About her abilities as a jump roper.
(b) About her mother's supposed illness.
(c) About her abilities as a psychic.
(d) About her father being dead.
10. Who is Stoney Buxton?
(a) A drug dealer in the neighborhood.
(b) A boy who is learning harmonica also.
(c) A skater who says he does better when Andrew is playing his harmonica.
(d) A boy who is learning to play the flute.
11. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
(a) Iron their clothes.
(b) Inspect them for the school day.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Pray with them.
12. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
(a) The word is an insult to others but not her.
(b) She is intelligent, but not exceptional.
(c) She is actually quite grown-up and infantile does not describe her.
(d) She is not the true genius in the family.
13. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
(a) The blind, old man who plays who trumpet for money on the corner.
(b) The skating rink manager.
(c) The drug pushers.
(d) The hot dog vendor.
14. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
(a) She'll stop reading if she can bake a cake.
(b) She'll offer to learn how to make a dinner meal if she can bake a cake for the dessert.
(c) She'll use the excuse of making friends to bake a cake for her friend.
(d) She'll clean her room for company and then bake a cake for her friend.
15. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(b) A vacation.
(c) For her children to behave better.
(d) Finding a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
2. What does Yolanda's Momma find in Andrew's pocket?
3. How does Andrew wake up the family in the mornings?
4. What does Shirley Piper wonder about Yolanda?
5. Who is Vic Watts?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)