|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Andrew be nicknamed by some of the boys that hang out at Asphalt Hill?
(a) The Pied Piper.
(b) Soft shoe Andro.
(c) The Mouth.
2. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(b) Federal prison.
3. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
(a) Get a promotion.
(b) Teach Andrew to read.
(c) Stop Yolanda from raising her hand in class so much.
(d) Getting her students to want to learn.
4. Where does Yolanda's mother decide to move her family?
(d) Grand River.
5. What is Yolanda yelling to Shirley as Yolanda rushes out of the house?
(a) Directions to baking the cake.
(b) To lock the door when she leaves.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To call Yolanda's mother.
6. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home sleeping.
(b) In his class at school.
(c) At home playing his harmonica.
(d) On the park playground.
7. Who scolds Andrew?
(a) His music teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) Miss Gilluly.
8. How does Yolanda make the rest of the kids feel?
(d) Stupid because of her advanced vocabulary.
9. Who is Vic Watts?
(a) Andrew's music teacher.
(b) Yolanda's English teacher.
(c) Yolanda's math teacher.
(d) A black man called in to try to teach Andrew to read.
10. Who calls Yolanda this word?
(a) Yolanda's mother.
(d) A boy who sits behind her in class.
11. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
12. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
(a) Wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Asks him for a chess match.
(d) Ruins his food.
13. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
(a) "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(b) Some jazz.
(c) A gospel tune.
(d) "Old MacDonald."
14. What is different about Vic Watts?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has a bad stutter.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
15. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Clean her room.
(c) Stop reading so much.
(d) Make friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what smell does Yolando wake?
2. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
3. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
4. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
5. What does Yolanda decide to bake?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)