|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) The money is stolen.
(b) The beatle is still alive.
(c) The substance is illegal.
(d) It is cocaine.
2. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) At home playing his harmonica.
(b) At home sleeping.
(c) In his class at school.
(d) On the park playground.
3. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
(a) He's afraid of going to jail.
(b) He's afraid of his mother finding out.
(c) He has seen what drugs do to others.
(d) It is too expensive.
4. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(b) Her missing father.
(c) Her mother's illness.
(d) Her dead father.
5. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) For her children to behave better.
(d) A vacation.
6. What cheers Yolanda's spirits?
(a) The cake tastes great.
(b) Andrew is safe and plays them a song on his harmonica.
(c) Andrew eats a big piece of the cake and seems better.
(d) Shirley is still impressed with Yolanda's genius.
7. Who scolds Andrew?
(b) Miss Gilluly.
(c) His music teacher.
(d) His mother.
8. Who is Willie Meredith?
(a) The janitor who brings the gun to school.
(b) The principal who is dead.
(c) The janitor who is dead.
(d) A student who is shot dead.
9. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
(a) Get a promotion.
(b) Teach Andrew to read.
(c) Getting her students to want to learn.
(d) Stop Yolanda from raising her hand in class so much.
10. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(a) Skinny Mini.
(c) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
11. What does Yolanda tell Shirley to test?
(a) The cake to see if it is done.
(b) The softness of the couch.
(c) Yolanda's vocabulary size.
(d) Anyone who comes to the door and wants in.
12. Who is Romulus Foster?
(a) A friend of Andrew's mother.
(b) The leader of the drug pushers.
(c) One of the skaters who likes Andrew's playing.
(d) One of Andrew's classmates.
13. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
(a) Learning to read English.
(b) His friend's toy soldiers.
(c) His mother's recitation of his father's traits.
(d) Learning to read music.
14. How often had Shirley checked on the cake?
(a) She forgot to check on it altogether.
(b) Every five minutes.
(c) Every half hour.
(d) Every minute.
15. Who came into the school with a gun?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A student.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley?
2. What does Yolanda think about all day?
3. Why doesn't Andrew feel connected to the sounds in the house?
4. What is in an illustration that gives Andrew no motivation?
5. For what is Andrew scolded?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)