|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chimp do?
(a) Calls for the police.
(b) Hits Vic Watts.
(c) Smashes Andrew's harmonica.
(d) Intervenes for Andrew when some bullies are botherin him.
2. What word does Yolanda look up in the dictionary?
3. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
(c) Girls watching the boys.
(d) Drug pushers.
4. What cheers Yolanda's spirits?
(a) Andrew eats a big piece of the cake and seems better.
(b) Shirley is still impressed with Yolanda's genius.
(c) The cake tastes great.
(d) Andrew is safe and plays them a song on his harmonica.
5. How is Shirley?
(a) Excited at her first cake.
(b) Her eyes are full of tears.
(c) Angry that Yolanda left her to deal with the cake.
6. How does Andrew wake up the family in the mornings?
(a) Playing the stereo loudly and dancing.
(b) Playing his flute or harmonica.
(c) Playing his drums.
(d) Singing to the radio.
7. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
(a) The steps in making a cake.
(b) The steps in the double-dutch form.
(c) The way to make a poster presentation.
(d) The steps in creating a rubric.
8. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
(a) Clean her room.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Stop reading so much.
(d) Make friends.
9. Who is Stoney Buxton?
(a) A boy who is learning harmonica also.
(b) A drug dealer in the neighborhood.
(c) A boy who is learning to play the flute.
(d) A skater who says he does better when Andrew is playing his harmonica.
10. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
(a) What Andrew would get for his mother's birthday.
(b) To get closer to the rink so the skaters can hear him better.
(c) To play some notes on the harmonica.
(d) To give him Andrew's second-best harmonica.
11. What is Yolanda not allowed to do at home?
(a) Talk on the phone for more than five minutes.
(b) Bake a cake.
(c) Interrupt Andrew's practice sessions.
(d) Watch television.
12. Of what does Yolanda try to convince herself as she runs to the park?
(a) That Shirley can take responsibility for the cake and do fine.
(b) That Andrew is able to fight well.
(c) That other boys would protect Andrew.
(d) That the neighborhood is safe.
13. What does Yolanda think about all day?
(a) Why Shirley is cozening up to her.
(b) Whether she really wants Shirley as a friend.
(c) The kind of cake she will make.
(d) How to manipulate her mother.
14. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
(a) She tells Yolanda to be quiet.
(b) She pretends to be listening but is just daydreaming.
(c) She hangs on Yolanda's every word.
(d) She thinks Yolanda is crazy.
15. What does Yolanda decide to bake?
(a) An orange date nut cake.
(b) A carrot cake.
(c) A chocolate fudge cake with walnuts.
(d) A brownie fudge cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda suddenly remember when Shirley mentions Andrew?
2. How does Andrew seem when Yolanda reaches him at the park?
3. Who is Shirley Piper?
4. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
5. Who is Romulus Foster?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)