|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrew?
2. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
(b) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
(c) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
(d) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
3. What does Yolanda decide to bake?
(a) An orange date nut cake.
(b) A carrot cake.
(c) A brownie fudge cake.
(d) A chocolate fudge cake with walnuts.
4. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
(a) The principal.
(b) No one.
(c) Students and a teacher.
(d) The other janitor.
5. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
(a) To have a smart rejoinder for the boy the next day.
(b) To figure out if she really is one.
(c) To compliment her mother with something nice.
(d) To have a comment to Andrew.
6. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Asks him for a chess match.
(c) Ruins his food.
(d) Wrestles him to the ground.
7. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
(a) Get a promotion.
(b) Stop Yolanda from raising her hand in class so much.
(c) Getting her students to want to learn.
(d) Teach Andrew to read.
8. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(b) A baby.
(d) About 8.
9. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
(a) A big grin on her face.
(b) An additional comment about her answer.
(d) A group of students who clap.
10. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(a) Skinny Mini.
(b) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
11. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(a) Finding a husband.
(c) For her children to behave better.
(d) A vacation.
12. What does Yolanda offer to teach Shirley?
(a) How to make lasagna.
(b) How to make money at a lemonade stand.
(c) How to write cursive.
(d) How to bake the perfect cake.
13. What does Romulus ask of Andrew?
(a) To give him Andrew's second-best harmonica.
(b) To play some notes on the harmonica.
(c) What Andrew would get for his mother's birthday.
(d) To get closer to the rink so the skaters can hear him better.
14. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A musician.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
15. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) Her mother's illness.
(b) Her missing father.
(c) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(d) Her dead father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chimp do?
2. What does Yolanda think about all day?
3. What does Shirley hope Yolanda will teach her?
4. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
5. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)