|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
(a) For her children to behave better.
(b) Finding a husband.
(d) A vacation.
2. Where is Yolanda's old crush Tyrone?
(b) Federal prison.
3. What word does Yolanda look up in the dictionary?
4. What seat does Yolando take in her classroom?
(a) Next to a boy who smiles at her.
(b) Where she is most visible to the teacher.
(c) As far back as possible.
(d) In the middle where she will blend in and not be noticed.
5. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) It is cocaine.
(b) The beatle is still alive.
(c) The money is stolen.
(d) The substance is illegal.
6. How is the cake when Yolanda arrives back home?
(a) Burnt to a crisp.
(c) Not quite done.
7. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(a) About 8.
(d) A baby.
8. What is wrong with Andrew's momma?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She has bad arthritis.
(c) She has a bad back.
(d) She is always tired.
9. What does Vic ask Andrew to play on Andrew's harmonica?
(a) "Old MacDonald."
(b) A gospel tune.
(c) Some jazz.
(d) "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
10. Where does Yolanda go on the bus?
(a) To buy Andrew a harmonica.
(b) To visit her father.
(c) To see a friend.
(d) To Shirley's house.
11. About what does Andrew dream?
(a) Burying his harmonica.
(b) Giving his second-best harmonica away.
(c) Hitting Chimp over and over.
(d) Get revenge against Romulus Foster.
12. What does the Chimp do?
(a) Calls for the police.
(b) Smashes Andrew's harmonica.
(c) Intervenes for Andrew when some bullies are botherin him.
(d) Hits Vic Watts.
13. What does Yolanda discover in the middle of the night?
(a) Shirley is sleeping on the couch.
(b) Her mom is sleeping on the couch.
(c) The cake is in the garbage.
(d) Andrew is not in his bed.
14. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The tires settling when they throw a new batch on the pile.
(b) The wheels on concrete.
(c) The metal being smashed.
(d) The seagulls eating the garbage.
15. What does Yolanda's mother hope Andrew some day becomes?
(a) A musician.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
2. What is different about Vic Watts?
3. How does Yolanda make the rest of the kids feel?
4. Why is Yolanda suspicious of Shirley?
5. Who is Vic Watts?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)