Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Andrew when he received his first harmonica?
(a) A baby.
(b) About 8.
2. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Between Andrew and the drug dealers.
(b) Between kids from different schools.
(c) Between the skaters and the basketball players.
(d) Between the older boys and the younger boys.
3. What cheers Yolanda's spirits?
(a) Andrew eats a big piece of the cake and seems better.
(b) Shirley is still impressed with Yolanda's genius.
(c) The cake tastes great.
(d) Andrew is safe and plays them a song on his harmonica.
4. What will be better with the move?
(a) They will own their own home.
(b) The neighborhood will be safer.
(c) It will costs less to live.
(d) The apartment will be bigger.
5. What does Yolanda offer to teach Shirley?
(a) How to make lasagna.
(b) How to make money at a lemonade stand.
(c) How to bake the perfect cake.
(d) How to write cursive.
6. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The seagulls eating the garbage.
(b) The metal being smashed.
(c) The tires settling when they throw a new batch on the pile.
(d) The wheels on concrete.
7. What is Asphalt Hill?
(a) A pile of tires about one hundred feet high.
(b) The dump behind Yolanda's home.
(c) The scrapeyard.
(d) Where skaters practice.
8. What does Shirley hope Yolanda will teach her?
(a) How to talk the librarian into letting her check out more than three books.
(b) How to do double-dutch.
(c) How to study for an exam.
(d) How to increase Shirley's vocabularly.
9. What does Yolanda do a lot of in the classroom?
(b) Write notes.
(c) Talk to her neighbors.
(d) Raise her hand.
10. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
(b) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
(c) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
(d) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
11. What is failing to hold Andrew's interest?
(a) His mother's recitation of his father's traits.
(b) His friend's toy soldiers.
(c) Learning to read English.
(d) Learning to read music.
12. How does Yolanda feel in her new home?
13. How many terrible things have happened recently in Yolanda's life?
14. How does Andrew wake up the family in the mornings?
(a) Playing his drums.
(b) Playing his flute or harmonica.
(c) Playing the stereo loudly and dancing.
(d) Singing to the radio.
15. What do they call Yolanda on the bus?
(a) Nothing; they won't speak to her.
(c) Skinny Mini.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda miss about her former home?
2. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
3. How is Shirley?
4. What does Yolanda's Momma find in Andrew's pocket?
5. To what smell does Yolando wake?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)