|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 & 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yolanda doing while Andrew is playing his harmonica near Asphalt Hill?
(a) Talking with one of the boys who is skating.
(b) Reading a book under the tree.
(c) Talking with Shirley.
(d) Going to the public library.
2. Why is Yolanda shouting at Andrew in the morning?
(a) She wants him to get up.
(b) She is angry at him for leaving the house in the middle of the night.
(c) She is mad that he messes up the bathroom.
(d) She has found his harmonica.
3. Who is Shirley Piper?
(a) Yolanda's favorite teacher.
(b) A girl who saves a seat on the bus for Yolanda.
(c) The principal at Yolanda's new school.
(d) Yolanda's next-door neighbor.
4. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
(a) Ruins his food.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Asks him for a chess match.
(d) Wrestles him to the ground.
5. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(b) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(c) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
(d) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda tell her mother she wants to be?
2. What does Shirley mean when she tells Yolanda that it takes one to know one?
3. Why is Andrew uninterested in the photograph?
4. What has Miss Gilluly given up trying to do?
5. Where is Yolanda's family going for a visit?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)