|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
(a) She pretends to be listening but is just daydreaming.
(b) She tells Yolanda to be quiet.
(c) She thinks Yolanda is crazy.
(d) She hangs on Yolanda's every word.
2. What is wrong with Andrew's momma?
(a) She is always tired.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She has a bad back.
(d) She has bad arthritis.
3. Who is Willie Meredith?
(a) The principal who is dead.
(b) A student who is shot dead.
(c) The janitor who brings the gun to school.
(d) The janitor who is dead.
4. What does Andrew continue to do after school?
(a) Play harmonica for the skaters.
(b) Go to his music lessons.
(c) Work for the local music store to earn another harmonica.
(d) Go home because he has no friends.
5. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
(b) Drug pushers.
(d) Girls watching the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
2. What was Andrew told would help his Momma?
3. What is Yolanda doing while Andrew is playing his harmonica near Asphalt Hill?
4. What has Andrew be nicknamed by some of the boys that hang out at Asphalt Hill?
5. Who scolds Andrew?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)