|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
(a) The word is an insult to others but not her.
(b) She is not the true genius in the family.
(c) She is intelligent, but not exceptional.
(d) She is actually quite grown-up and infantile does not describe her.
2. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
(a) He has seen what drugs do to others.
(b) He's afraid of going to jail.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) He's afraid of his mother finding out.
3. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
(b) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
(c) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
(d) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
4. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
(a) The beatle is still alive.
(b) It is cocaine.
(c) The substance is illegal.
(d) The money is stolen.
5. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
(a) Drug pushers.
(b) Girls watching the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
2. Who is Vic Watts?
3. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
4. What is Asphalt Hill?
5. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)