|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Yolanda try to convince herself as she runs to the park?
(a) That the neighborhood is safe.
(b) That Andrew is able to fight well.
(c) That Shirley can take responsibility for the cake and do fine.
(d) That other boys would protect Andrew.
2. What is Yolanda often called by the other students?
(a) Teacher's Pet (Elephant).
(b) Brown noser.
(c) Teacher's Mosquito.
(d) Miss Know It All.
3. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
(a) She'll use the excuse of making friends to bake a cake for her friend.
(b) She'll clean her room for company and then bake a cake for her friend.
(c) She'll offer to learn how to make a dinner meal if she can bake a cake for the dessert.
(d) She'll stop reading if she can bake a cake.
4. How does Shirley respond to Yolanda talking to her?
(a) She thinks Yolanda is crazy.
(b) She pretends to be listening but is just daydreaming.
(c) She tells Yolanda to be quiet.
(d) She hangs on Yolanda's every word.
5. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
(a) Pray with them.
(b) Iron their clothes.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Inspect them for the school day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
2. Where is Andrew when Chapter 3 opens?
3. What is wrong with Andrew's momma?
4. What does Yolanda tell Shirley to test?
5. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)