|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vic show Andrew?
(a) His talking wristwatch.
(b) The electric controls on his wheelchair.
(c) Carnegie Hall to demonstrate to Andrew where he could end up.
(d) The sheet music for the song Andrew plays.
2. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The cries of the boys who take a hill too daringly.
(b) The bulldozers moving the trash around.
(c) The Doberman pincher barking at intruders.
(d) The cry of frogs who live in the stagnant water inside the tires.
3. Where does Yolanda's family live at the opening of the novel?
(d) Ann Arbor.
4. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
(a) A group of students who clap.
(c) A big grin on her face.
(d) An additional comment about her answer.
5. Why would Andrew not want to do drugs?
(a) He's afraid of his mother finding out.
(b) He's afraid of going to jail.
(c) He has seen what drugs do to others.
(d) It is too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Asphalt Hill?
2. What does Yolanda's Momma find in Andrew's pocket?
3. Who is Shirley Piper?
4. How many terrible things have happened recently in Yolanda's life?
5. What does Shirley Piper wonder about Yolanda?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)