|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Yolanda need to talk to someone?
(a) The possibility of Andrew being a genius.
(b) Her missing father.
(c) Her dead father.
(d) Her mother's illness.
2. What is Yolanda's mother always pestering her to do?
(a) Clean her room.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Stop reading so much.
(d) Learn to cook.
3. To what smell does Yolando wake?
(a) Her dog breathing in her face.
(b) Tar when the road is being repaired.
(c) Fish frying and waffles sizzling.
(d) Bacon frying and pancakes cooking.
4. What seat does Yolando take in her classroom?
(a) As far back as possible.
(b) In the middle where she will blend in and not be noticed.
(c) Next to a boy who smiles at her.
(d) Where she is most visible to the teacher.
5. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
(a) Inspect them for the school day.
(b) Iron their clothes.
(c) Pray with them.
(d) Make breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shirley Piper?
2. What is Asphalt Hill?
3. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
4. How old is Andrew?
5. What other sound does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)