|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willie Meredith?
(a) The janitor who is dead.
(b) The principal who is dead.
(c) The janitor who brings the gun to school.
(d) A student who is shot dead.
2. Why does Yolanda look up the word?
(a) To figure out if she really is one.
(b) To have a comment to Andrew.
(c) To have a smart rejoinder for the boy the next day.
(d) To compliment her mother with something nice.
3. What does Yolanda usually have when she answers a question in class?
(b) A group of students who clap.
(c) A big grin on her face.
(d) An additional comment about her answer.
4. What does Yolanda realize when she reads the word definition?
(a) The word is an insult to others but not her.
(b) She is intelligent, but not exceptional.
(c) She is not the true genius in the family.
(d) She is actually quite grown-up and infantile does not describe her.
5. What sounds does Andrew like to hear on Asphalt Hill?
(a) The wheels on concrete.
(b) The seagulls eating the garbage.
(c) The metal being smashed.
(d) The tires settling when they throw a new batch on the pile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda do to the biggest bully at school?
2. What did Andrew not know about what was in his pocket?
3. How does Yolanda make the rest of the kids feel?
4. What does Momma always do for her children before leaving for work?
5. Who was shot by the person with the gun?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)