|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 & 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yolanda doing when Shirley comes to visit?
(a) Trying to figure out how to get Andrew some drums.
(b) Writing an essay for her homework.
(c) Having her hair fixed.
(d) Baking a cake.
2. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
(a) She'll offer to learn how to make a dinner meal if she can bake a cake for the dessert.
(b) She'll clean her room for company and then bake a cake for her friend.
(c) She'll use the excuse of making friends to bake a cake for her friend.
(d) She'll stop reading if she can bake a cake.
3. For what is Andrew scolded?
(a) Returning Yolanda's pencils unsharpened.
(b) Sleeping in class.
(c) Not cleaning his flute properly.
(d) Leaving his harmonica out during a lesson.
4. What does Yolanda discover in the middle of the night?
(a) Andrew is not in his bed.
(b) The cake is in the garbage.
(c) Her mom is sleeping on the couch.
(d) Shirley is sleeping on the couch.
5. What does Yolanda do in dressing for the concert?
(a) Tries to make herself appear young and vulnerable.
(b) Dresses like a boy so she will be safer sneaking around.
(c) Tries to look fashionable and wealthy.
(d) Dresses all in black so she can sneak around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolanda find in her search at the park?
2. How does Yolanda feel as she is waiting at the concert that night?
3. What does Yolanda reply when Aunt Tiny asks if Shirley is a friend?
4. What does Shirley Piper wonder about Yolanda?
5. What does Yolanda do when she notices three men looking at her mother in the restaurant?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)