|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the store agree to do?
(a) Give the harmonica to Andrew for the discount price.
(b) Let Yolanda work off the rest of the price.
(c) Let Yolanda work off the price of the harmonica and give Andrew music lessons.
(d) Let Andrew work for music lessons.
2. How does Yolanda's mother's pestering figure into Yolanda getting to do something she likes to do?
(a) She'll use the excuse of making friends to bake a cake for her friend.
(b) She'll stop reading if she can bake a cake.
(c) She'll offer to learn how to make a dinner meal if she can bake a cake for the dessert.
(d) She'll clean her room for company and then bake a cake for her friend.
3. What does Yolanda's mother ask about several days after their visit to the music store?
(a) Why Yolanda doesn't want to go to the park anymore.
(b) Why Andrew seems suddenly happy again.
(c) Why Yolanda is so bruised.
(d) Where Andrew got the new harmonica.
4. What does the Chimp do?
(a) Hits Vic Watts.
(b) Smashes Andrew's harmonica.
(c) Intervenes for Andrew when some bullies are botherin him.
(d) Calls for the police.
5. Who thinks Andrew is interfering with business?
(a) The skating rink manager.
(b) The drug pushers.
(c) The hot dog vendor.
(d) The blind, old man who plays who trumpet for money on the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tension is there at Asphalt Hill?
2. Where does Yolanda's family live at the opening of the novel?
3. When is Aunt Tiny going to visit?
4. What does Yolanda take Shirley through with painstaking detail?
5. What is one group that hangs out at Asphalt Hill?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)