Understanding the setting, both the place and time, helps the reader to enjoy a novel. Discuss the following:
1. Research Chicago and Grand River, Michigan in the early 21st century, and write an informative essay about the social and geographical aspects.
2. Research the way drug pushers lure children to use drugs and write an informative essay about the situation and offer one or more solutions.
3. Compare/contrast the life of Yolanda in Chicago, IL and then Grand River, MI to your life when you were eleven.
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as "Yolonda's Genius" help a reader...
This section contains 2,048 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)