|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(b) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(c) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(d) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
2. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Malt beer.
(b) Black whiskey.
(d) Grape wine.
3. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
4. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(b) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(c) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
5. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Punches his back.
(b) Spits on his shoes.
(c) Kicks his shin.
(d) Bites his wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
2. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
3. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
4. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
5. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)