|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose cockerel does Anna see in her yard one morning?
2. What is the name of Anna and Mompellion's child?
3. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
4. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
5. What happens to Elinor at the Thanksgiving service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Anna's adoration of her children. What does Aphra tell her about this? How are the tables turned later on in the book? Is Aphra's heart truly hardened, as Anna says? Be sure to use examples.
Essay Topic 2
How does Jane Martin change throughout the course of the novel? What do you think spurs this change? Why? Be sure to use at least three examples of her change in behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Consider John Gordon's fate in the novel. What measures does he take to protect himself against the plague? Did Urith believe the same as he did? How does she show this? Do you think their situation influenced Anna in some way? Why? Make sure to use specific examples in your answer.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)