Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Think about Anna's relationship with Lib Hancock. What telltale signs does the author show of their confidence in one another? How is that confidence broken? Is it ever truly mended? Why?
Think about all the tragic events Anna witnesses during the plague. Which of these, in your opinion, influenced her the most in forging her own life far away from the village and all the people she knows? Why? Explain in detail.
Think about Anna's adoration of her children. What does Aphra tell her about this? How are the tables turned later on in the book? Is Aphra's heart truly hardened, as Anna says? Be sure to use examples.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)