Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the roles that Anna and Elinor fill for the rector. Then consider these two characters and their similarities and differences. How is Anna's role with the rector different from Elinor's? Does Anna betray Elinor after Elinor is dead? Why? Why does Anna decide to forge her own path instead of going to Elinor's father's house for safety?
Essay Topic 2
Think about all the tragic events Anna witnesses during the plague. Which of these, in your opinion, influenced her the most in forging her own life far away from the village and all the people she knows? Why? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the argument to stay or leave the village when the plague strikes. In the scene in Colonel Bradford's house, where the Londoner and rector debate methods of dealing with the plague, who seems to be more passionate about his position? Does this passion help when the time comes to use it? Who do you agree with? Why?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)