Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Think about Anna's adoration of her children. What does Aphra tell her about this? How are the tables turned later on in the book? Is Aphra's heart truly hardened, as Anna says? Be sure to use examples.
Think about the rector's internal struggle. After Elinor's death, he no longer believes in God, and denounces all his actions leading up to his relationship with Anna. Do you think he regrets his treatment of Elinor? If so, does Anna have good reason to be repulsed by him? If he vows that he is a changed man, that he has shed all of his papal learning, should Anna still judge him for his previous acts? Why?
Think about the Bradford's cook, Maggie Cantwell. Why is she devastated when the Bradfords throw her out? Where does she have to go? Why will she not take Anna's offer? Does this affect what happens to her in the next town? Why? How does Maggie Cantwell die? What question does this pose in Anna?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)