Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Essay Topic 1
Think about Anna's relationship with Lib Hancock. What telltale signs does the author show of their confidence in one another? How is that confidence broken? Is it ever truly mended? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Think about Anna's father, Josiah. What events in his life have taught him to be a cold, callous character? How does his treatment of Anna estrange him from her? Do you think he deserves mercy for his actions? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the rector's internal struggle. After Elinor's death, he no longer believes in God, and denounces all his actions leading up to his relationship with Anna. Do you think he regrets his treatment of Elinor? If so, does Anna have good reason to be repulsed by him? If he vows that he is a changed man, that he has shed all of his papal learning, should Anna still judge him for his previous acts? Why?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)