|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Essay Topic 1
How does Jane Martin change throughout the course of the novel? What do you think spurs this change? Why? Be sure to use at least three examples of her change in behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the similarities and differences between Sam Frith and George Viccars. What needs would/did both fulfill for Anna? Who, in your opinion, would be better for Anna? Do either of these characters live up to the image of the rector that Anna has? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the different ways the villagers stray from the rector's instruction to try to combat the plague. Cite at least three examples of the villager's use of magic or other extreme measures to try to protect their loved ones. Do you think these methods are harmful? More harmful than the rector's plan/ method? Why?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)