Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
Essay Topic 1
Consider John Gordon's fate in the novel. What measures does he take to protect himself against the plague? Did Urith believe the same as he did? How does she show this? Do you think their situation influenced Anna in some way? Why? Make sure to use specific examples in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the first time Anna is asked to assist in delivering a child. Why is she so apprehensive about it? What, besides her lack of expertise, makes her lack confidence? How does she regain confidence? How is this significant?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the difference between the Gowdie garden and Elinor's garden. Are Mem's and Anys's fates much different from Elinor's? How might these gardens affect their deaths? Think specifically about the reasons for these characters' deaths and each garden's instrumentality in the survival of the village.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)