|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the armed woman screaming at when she comes to the Thanksgiving service?
2. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
3. Where does Anna end up at the end of the novel?
4. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
5. What does the armed woman have in her arms at the Thanksgiving service?
Essay Topic 1
Think about all the tragic events Anna witnesses during the plague. Which of these, in your opinion, influenced her the most in forging her own life far away from the village and all the people she knows? Why? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Anna's relationship with Lib Hancock. What telltale signs does the author show of their confidence in one another? How is that confidence broken? Is it ever truly mended? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Think about Anna's role in the rectory. Do you think she was just a servant? Why? Do you think her role as a leader evolves greatly throughout the novel? Why?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)