|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the armed woman screaming at when she comes to the Thanksgiving service?
(a) The rector.
(d) John Gordon.
2. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
(a) Attempted Murder.
3. What sets the angry woman off for the second time at the Thanksgiving service?
(a) Someone shouts that she is a witch.
(b) Faith's head pops off.
(c) Elinor says something in her ear.
(d) The rector spits on her.
4. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
(a) The rector insults Anna's father without cause.
(b) The rector says her father's work is unsatisfactory.
(c) Anna's father is digging a grave while the patient is recovering.
(d) Anna's father is digging a grave for the rector.
5. Where does Anna find Elizabeth Bradford?
(a) At her house.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) In the church.
(d) At Anna's cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna want to see before they die from the plague?
2. What is Aphra doing when Anna comes to check on her?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
5. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aphra blame Anna for her husband's death? What does Anna notice about Aphra when they bury him?
2. Whom does Anna ask for help with digging the graves? Why won't he help?
3. Where is Aphra kept overnight? What effect does this have on her? On the villagers?
4. What does Elinor say when she is delirious? What might this mean? Why does the rector excuse Anna so curtly?
5. What do the rector and Elinor have their only disagreement over? How is Elinor's reaction significant?
6. What makes Anna even angrier as she leaves the Mowbrays'? What conclusion does she consider as a result of this?
7. What path has John Gordon taken? How does he meet his end?
8. Why doesn't Anna use the letter of introduction the rector wrote for her? What danger lurks for her if she isn't careful?
9. Why is the rector exhausted during the chapter "Among Those that Go Down to the Pit"? What happens during his sermon?
10. What child do Anna and Elinor help? What do they do to help this child?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)