|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do that snaps the rector out of his daze?
(a) Takes Anteros for a ride.
(b) Throws his food dish at the wall.
(c) Slaps him across the face.
(d) Cuts his cheek with a razor.
2. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) She is looking for more poppy.
(b) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(c) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(d) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
3. What is the reaction of the other miners when Elinor and Anna go to the miner's tavern?
(a) They are mean and vindictive.
(b) They turn them away.
(c) They are scornful.
(d) They are surprised and proud.
4. What do the townspeople accuse Aphra of doing?
(a) Performing hexes on the living.
(b) Digging graves before the victims are dead.
(c) Selling people spells while disguised as Anys.
(d) Haunting the living with memories of their dead loved ones.
5. What happens to the rector during the mass where he is visibly tired?
(a) He faints.
(b) He coughs up blood.
(c) He gets into a fistfight with Anna's father.
(d) He has a heart attack and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Aphra receive from the villagers?
2. How does Anna save the illegitimate baby's life?
3. Where does the rector hold his services now that the church is closed?
4. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
5. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)