|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
(a) To visit Anna.
(b) To give Anna some herbs.
(c) To pick up a dress George made for her.
(d) To buy some milk.
2. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She lacks common sense.
(b) She is very vivacious.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) She is very Puritan and stern.
3. What does Anna feed the horse?
4. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
(a) She strikes Anna.
(b) She gives Anna a hug.
(c) She frowns.
(d) She begins to laugh at Anna.
5. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Butchering a hog.
(c) Chopping wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
2. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
3. What is George Viccars' trade?
4. What was strange about the autumn?
5. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Anna and George Viccars evolve?
2. Why does Maggie come to Anna for help? Where does Maggie draw the line in accepting aid from Anna?
3. What childhood memories are brought up to Anna as she helps Mary? How does this affect her?
4. Why does Anna go to the tavern? Is she able to get what she needs?
5. What does Anna do at the Bradfords'? How does she unwittingly cause a stir?
6. How is Mr. Viccars different from Sam?
7. What is the rector's religious explanation for the plague?
8. What do the children find in the woodpile? How is this dangerous?
9. How does Anna treat the visitor for the rector, who comes to the door? Why is this unusual?
10. What defense does Anys employ when being accused of witchcraft? Why do you think she does this?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)