|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Baptizes the baby.
(b) Washes her clothes.
(c) Buries the stillborn child.
(d) Puts poppy in her pocket.
2. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(b) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(c) Because he cannot control his temper.
(d) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
3. Where does Maggie Cantwell go after the Bradfords throw her out?
(a) To Canterbury.
(b) To Blackwell.
(c) With the Bradfords.
(d) To Anna's house.
4. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
(a) A doctor.
5. What does the rector tell Anna to say to the visitor demanding to see him?
(a) To come in.
(b) To go to hell.
(c) That he will see them another time.
(d) To come back later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
2. What does Anna discover about the baby still inside Mary Daniel?
3. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
4. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
5. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the rector and Anna visit her father? Does anything come from this visit? Explain.
2. What color do the rector and Elinor wear to the Thanksgiving ceremony? What might this symbolize?
3. Whom does Anna ask for help with digging the graves? Why won't he help?
4. What is Mem's condition after the incident with the crowd? Who takes care of her?
5. What is the rector's plan for the village? Describe it in as much detail as possible.
6. What do the children find in the woodpile? How is this dangerous?
7. What do the rector and Elinor have their only disagreement over? How is Elinor's reaction significant?
8. Who comes to visit the rector in the beginning of the novel? What does he/she want?
9. Why is the rector exhausted during the chapter "Among Those that Go Down to the Pit"? What happens during his sermon?
10. What do the Bradfords do after the sermon in the Chapter, "Venom in the Blood"? How is this related to class?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)