|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) She is very Puritan and stern.
(c) She lacks common sense.
(d) She is very vivacious.
2. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
(a) She is going to help butcher a hog.
(b) She is delivering a draught to Edward, who has a fever.
(c) She is delivering bread.
(d) She is going for a visit.
3. What does Anna feed the horse?
4. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
(a) They take her to trial.
(b) They beat her to death.
(c) They hang her from a tree.
(d) They tie her up and throw her in the water to see if she sinks.
5. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(c) Rotten wood.
(d) Dead rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna discover about the baby still inside Mary Daniel?
2. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
3. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
5. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George tell Anna to do with his possessions? Why do you think he tells her this?
2. What does the rector say the plague-stricken villagers should do? How does this differ from the rest of the group?
3. What does Anna do to try to console the rector? How does he respond?
4. What happens to Maggie Cantwell? What question arises in Anna as she thinks of Maggie and her father?
5. Who becomes a lodger at Anna's house? What is his trade?
6. How is Mr. Viccars different from Sam?
7. How does Anna help Mary Daniel? Whose knowledge and strength does she use to help her through this task?
8. What does Anna do to try to stop the crowd during the witch frenzy? Is this effective?
9. What do the Bradfords do after the sermon in the Chapter, "Venom in the Blood"? How is this related to class?
10. What happened in Blackwell? What is Maggie Cantwell's condition?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)