|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Anna suspect that Elinor is sick?
(a) Elinor faints.
(b) There is a plague sore on Elinor.
(c) Elinor throws up.
(d) She hears her cough.
2. Where is Elinor buried?
(a) Near the mine.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) At the Delf.
(d) Her body is burned.
3. Where is Faith when Anna comes to visit Aphra?
(a) Hanging on the wall, dead.
(b) Dancing with her mother.
(c) In the rafters.
(d) Buried alive.
4. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
(a) She was in another country where she didn't speak the language.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She was penniless.
(d) She was addicted to poppy.
5. How does Anna save the illegitimate baby's life?
(a) She gives the baby CPR.
(b) She asks for money to take it where no one will know about it.
(c) She fights a knife from Elizabeth Bradford's hands.
(d) She uncovers the baby, as they have tried to bury it alive.
6. What does Anna's father do to Christopher Unwin during the night?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Tries to infect him with the plague.
(c) Accuses Christopher of starting the plague.
(d) Tries to bury him.
7. What happens to the rector during the mass where he is visibly tired?
(a) He gets into a fistfight with Anna's father.
(b) He has a heart attack and dies.
(c) He coughs up blood.
(d) He faints.
8. Who is dragged to the meeting at the Delf dressed in black?
9. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
(a) She tries to do a spell, hoping it will cure her husband.
(b) She tries to induce labor.
(c) She runs after her husband, who abandoned her.
(d) She tries to put her husband out of his misery.
10. Whom does Anna want to see before they die from the plague?
(a) Lib Hancock, her oldest friend.
(b) Sam Frith, her husband.
(c) Anys Gowdie, her friend.
(d) Elinor Mompellion, her mentor.
11. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
(a) The rector says her father's work is unsatisfactory.
(b) The rector insults Anna's father without cause.
(c) Anna's father is digging a grave for the rector.
(d) Anna's father is digging a grave while the patient is recovering.
12. Who comes running toward the group in the middle of the Thanksgiving service?
13. What was the name of the boy who abandoned Elinor after convincing her to run away from home?
14. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the stocks.
(c) Dead; fallen off the Edge.
(d) At the cemetery.
15. What one topic do the rector and Elinor have a difference about?
(a) What to do with Anna now that the plague is over.
(b) Whether to have children or not.
(c) Whether the plague has ended or not.
(d) Whether it is safe to flee the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the armed woman have in her arms at the Thanksgiving service?
2. What does Mompellion do after Elinor's death that is unusual?
3. What is strange about the rector's reaction when he sees Elinor and Anna at the tavern?
4. What is Anna's father sentenced to?
5. What do the townspeople accuse Aphra of doing?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)