|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's father sentenced to?
(b) Firing squad.
(c) Burning at the stake.
(d) A dagger through the hands.
2. Where does the rector hold his services now that the church is closed?
(a) The Delf.
(b) The Field.
(c) The rectory.
(d) Anna's house.
3. What is the condition of Anna's father when they find him?
(a) Alive, but with hypothermia.
(b) Dead from self-inflicted wounds.
(c) Dead, eaten by animals.
(d) Alive, but deranged.
4. What deal does Anna make with her father in return for his service digging graves?
(b) Some of her lambs.
(c) Her medicinal herbs.
5. What dangerous method does Anna use in the mine?
6. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
(b) Attempted Murder.
7. How does Anna save the illegitimate baby's life?
(a) She gives the baby CPR.
(b) She asks for money to take it where no one will know about it.
(c) She fights a knife from Elizabeth Bradford's hands.
(d) She uncovers the baby, as they have tried to bury it alive.
8. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She is angry with the cook.
(b) They have the plague.
(c) She hears Elinor is dead.
(d) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
9. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(b) She is looking for more poppy.
(c) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(d) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
10. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
(a) It is burning.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) It is bare.
(d) It is not there.
11. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
(b) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(c) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
(d) Elinor standing outside her door.
12. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
(a) Burn all their possessions that may carry the plague.
(b) Burn down all their houses and start again.
(c) Commit mass suicide.
(d) Cut all their hair and burn it.
13. What business does the rector take care of before mourning Elinor's death?
(a) Goes to Elinor's father to tell the news.
(b) Carves a gravestone.
(c) Opens up the road and writes the plague has passed.
(d) Cuts his hair and burns it.
14. What is strange about Christopher Unwin's condition?
(a) He dies within minutes of getting the plague.
(b) He is recovering from the plague.
(c) He is immune to the plague.
(d) He has the power to cure people with the plague.
15. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
(a) She was penniless.
(b) She was addicted to poppy.
(c) She was in another country where she didn't speak the language.
(d) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
2. Where does Aphra spend the night after she is accused?
3. How old is Aphra's child, Faith?
4. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
5. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)