|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
(a) It is burning.
(b) It is bare.
(c) It is not there.
(d) It is abandoned.
2. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) Plague free for six months.
(b) None of the answers if correct.
(c) There are more people above ground than in it.
(d) There are more people in the ground than above it.
3. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(b) He becomes a flagellant.
(c) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(d) He becomes a priest.
4. Who is dragged to the meeting at the Delf dressed in black?
5. What does Elinor carry in her arms during the Thanksgiving service?
6. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
(a) She was penniless.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She was in another country where she didn't speak the language.
(d) She was addicted to poppy.
7. How old is Aphra's child, Faith?
8. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She is angry with the cook.
(b) She hears Elinor is dead.
(c) They have the plague.
(d) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
9. What is the name of Anna and Mompellion's child?
10. What was the name of the boy who abandoned Elinor after convincing her to run away from home?
11. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
(b) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(c) Elinor standing outside her door.
(d) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
12. Who comes to Anna's cottage looking for Anna's father?
(a) His son.
(b) The rector.
13. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
(a) Anna's father is digging a grave for the rector.
(b) The rector says her father's work is unsatisfactory.
(c) Anna's father is digging a grave while the patient is recovering.
(d) The rector insults Anna's father without cause.
14. What does Aphra make for Josiah that Anna questions?
(a) A figure of sticks, not Christian.
(b) A ring of roses.
(c) A sack of poisonous herbs.
(d) A crown of thorns.
15. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
(a) Have sex.
(b) Dismiss the stable boy.
(c) Run away together.
(d) Dance together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's father sentenced to?
2. What does Anna try to do for the rector but is unable?
3. What makes Anna suspect that Elinor is sick?
4. What punishment does Aphra receive from the villagers?
5. Who is able to subdue the angry woman at the Thanksgiving service?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)