|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Aphra at the Thanksgiving service?
(a) The armed woman murders her.
(b) She turns the knife on herself.
(c) She runs into the woods.
(d) She cries and repents her devil worship.
2. What secret does Elinor reveal about herself to Anna?
(a) That she had been with child once.
(b) That she takes poppy every night so that she may sleep.
(c) That the rector is sick.
(d) That she is getting ready to flee.
3. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
(a) Mrs. Bradford's.
(b) Elizabeth Bradford's.
(c) Margaret Livesedge's.
4. Who is dragged to the meeting at the Delf dressed in black?
5. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
(a) Researching herbs that will help them fight the plague.
(b) Taking poppy to forget their worries.
(c) Packing so that they may flee soon.
(d) Winterizing the Gowdie garden.
6. What does Elinor carry in her arms during the Thanksgiving service?
7. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
(b) Elinor standing outside her door.
(c) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(d) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
8. Who does the rector convince Jakob Merill to leave his house to?
(a) Brand Rigney.
(b) Anna's father.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
9. Why won't Aphra let Anna keep Faith until she recovers?
(a) She is afraid Faith has the plague.
(b) She is afraid Anna will kill Faith in revenge.
(c) She is afraid Anna has the plague and will give it to Faith.
(d) She is afraid Anna will badmouth her to her child.
10. Where is Elinor buried?
(a) In the churchyard.
(b) At the Delf.
(c) Her body is burned.
(d) Near the mine.
11. Where does Anna find Elizabeth Bradford?
(a) In the graveyard.
(b) At her house.
(c) At Anna's cottage.
(d) In the church.
12. What does the armed woman have in her arms at the Thanksgiving service?
(b) A serpent.
13. What is Aphra doing when Anna comes to check on her?
(a) Burying Faith.
(c) Dancing before the fire.
(d) Setting her house on fire.
14. Why will Anna not testify for her father in court?
(a) She is in love with Christopher Unwin.
(b) She knows nothing of the situation.
(c) She is afraid she will cause her father harm.
(d) She does not want to speak on her father's behalf.
15. What does Anna do that snaps the rector out of his daze?
(a) Slaps him across the face.
(b) Takes Anteros for a ride.
(c) Throws his food dish at the wall.
(d) Cuts his cheek with a razor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Faith when Anna comes to visit Aphra?
2. What does Anna's father do to Christopher Unwin during the night?
3. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
4. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
5. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)