|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
(a) Margaret Livesedge's.
(b) Mrs. Bradford's.
(c) Elizabeth Bradford's.
2. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
(a) "Michael, how much longer, my love?"
(b) "Michael, go on without me."
(c) "Michael, save me."
(d) "Michael, my love, I'm pregnant."
3. Who does the rector convince Jakob Merill to leave his house to?
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Brand Rigney.
(c) Anna's father.
4. Who is the armed woman screaming at when she comes to the Thanksgiving service?
(a) John Gordon.
(d) The rector.
5. What does the presence of the cockerel mean to Anna?
(a) The world is ending.
(b) The plague is getting stronger.
(c) The plague is gone.
(d) Bad news is coming.
6. What is Anna's father sentenced to?
(a) Firing squad.
(c) Burning at the stake.
(d) A dagger through the hands.
7. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
(a) Kate burned him when they got into an argument.
(b) He abandoned his family, afraid of the plague.
(c) He died in a mining accident.
(d) He burned his plague sore with a hot iron.
8. What deal does Anna make with her father in return for his service digging graves?
(a) Her medicinal herbs.
(d) Some of her lambs.
9. What dangerous method does Anna use in the mine?
10. Where is Faith when Anna comes to visit Aphra?
(a) Dancing with her mother.
(b) Buried alive.
(c) In the rafters.
(d) Hanging on the wall, dead.
11. What punishment does Aphra receive from the villagers?
(a) None; the rector says she had endured enough.
(b) She is burned at the stake.
(c) She is sent to live in isolation and banned from the town.
(d) She is sent to the stocks for a week.
12. Why is Anna disgusted with the rector?
(a) Because he won't keep his hands off her.
(b) For his treatment of Elinor.
(c) For the way he handled the plague.
(d) For his treatment of Anteros.
13. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
(a) Anna's father is digging a grave for the rector.
(b) The rector insults Anna's father without cause.
(c) Anna's father is digging a grave while the patient is recovering.
(d) The rector says her father's work is unsatisfactory.
14. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(a) Baby urine.
(b) A dog.
(c) Their baby.
15. What does Anna notice about the will that the rector drew up for Jakob Merrill?
(a) The will is in Latin.
(b) The rector cannot write properlyf
(c) He has forgotten the date and also wrote in the wrong name once.
(d) He has actually left the house to his neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
2. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
3. What does Anna's father do to Christopher Unwin during the night?
4. What does Anna try to do for the rector but is unable?
5. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)