|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dragged to the meeting at the Delf dressed in black?
2. What deal does Anna make with her father in return for his service digging graves?
(b) Some of her lambs.
(d) Her medicinal herbs.
3. What does the presence of the cockerel mean to Anna?
(a) Bad news is coming.
(b) The world is ending.
(c) The plague is getting stronger.
(d) The plague is gone.
4. Who finishes the sermon for the rector?
(a) Mr. Stanley.
(b) Anna's father.
5. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
(b) Elinor standing outside her door.
(c) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(d) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
6. Whose illegitimate baby does Anna deliver?
(a) Margaret Livesedge's.
(b) Mrs. Bradford's.
(c) Elizabeth Bradford's.
7. What do the rector and Anna see as they ride to the Gordon cottage?
(a) Jane Martin whipping John Gordon.
(b) Jane Martin and John Gordon praying.
(c) John Gordon whipping himself.
(d) Jane Martin and Albion Samweys copulating.
8. What do the townspeople accuse Aphra of doing?
(a) Haunting the living with memories of their dead loved ones.
(b) Selling people spells while disguised as Anys.
(c) Digging graves before the victims are dead.
(d) Performing hexes on the living.
9. Why is the rector constantly tired?
(a) Because he has been fighting with Anna's father.
(b) Because he has been digging graves and visiting the sick nonstop.
(c) Because he has been preaching a boosting morale nonstop.
(d) Because he is indeed sick with the plague.
10. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
(a) "Michael, save me."
(b) "Michael, my love, I'm pregnant."
(c) "Michael, go on without me."
(d) "Michael, how much longer, my love?"
11. Why won't Aphra let Anna keep Faith until she recovers?
(a) She is afraid Anna will kill Faith in revenge.
(b) She is afraid Anna has the plague and will give it to Faith.
(c) She is afraid Faith has the plague.
(d) She is afraid Anna will badmouth her to her child.
12. What does Aphra make for Josiah that Anna questions?
(a) A ring of roses.
(b) A figure of sticks, not Christian.
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) A sack of poisonous herbs.
13. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
(a) To the basement of the rectory.
(b) To the old mine shaft.
(c) To the Gowdies' cottage.
(d) To the village witch.
14. Who comes running toward the group in the middle of the Thanksgiving service?
15. What is strange about the rector's reaction when he sees Elinor and Anna at the tavern?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He leans forward as if to kiss, then draws back.
(c) He opens his arms out as if to hug, then claps his hand together.
(d) He starts yelling at them for being stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
2. What punishment does Aphra receive from the villagers?
3. Who does the rector convince Jakob Merill to leave his house to?
4. Who is the armed woman screaming at when she comes to the Thanksgiving service?
5. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)