|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
(a) Anna accuses her father of murdering her mother.
(b) Her father insults the rector's plan; Anna retorts.
(c) Anna calls her father a drunken idiot.
(d) Anna's father denounces her.
2. What rank is Henry Bradford?
3. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
(a) Flee to cleaner air.
(b) Stay and fight the disease.
(c) Warn neighboring villages.
(d) Pray for forgiveness.
4. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Colonel Bradford.
(b) Anna Frith.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) The earl of Chatsworth.
5. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
(a) Maggie Cantwell.
(b) Anys and Mem Gowdie.
(c) Anna and her sons.
(d) Rector Mompellion and his wife.
6. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(b) Rotten wood.
(c) Dead rats.
7. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) George Viccars.
8. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Mutton broth.
(b) Money for the medicine.
(c) Advice for her problems.
(d) A place to stay.
9. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) No method.
10. What does Anna ask for to help during delivery of Mary's baby?
(c) Chicken fat.
11. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
(a) A witch.
(b) A horse.
(c) Cow and grass-eater.
(d) An idiot.
12. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She is very Puritan and stern.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She lacks common sense.
(d) She is very vivacious.
13. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
(b) Tramples them for cider.
(c) Bites into one.
(d) Makes a pie with them.
14. What relationship did Anys and George have?
(b) A romantic relationship, though he was in love with Anna.
(c) A romantic relationship; he wanted to marry Anys.
15. Who is Tom?
(a) Anna's father.
(b) Anna's baby.
(c) Anna's brother.
(d) Anna's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam?
2. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
3. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
4. Who carries Mr. Viccars' body downstairs?
5. Who summons Anna for help when Mary Daniel is in labor?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)