|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
(b) Went and had a long talk with her father.
(c) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
(d) Went for a long walk.
2. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
(a) Anys sings to Jamie until he falls asleep.
(b) Anys gives Jamie water when he needs it.
(c) Anys rubs Jamie with salve to cool him down.
(d) Anys performs witchcraft to cure Jamie of the plague.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's husband.
(b) Anna's son.
(c) Anna's brother.
(d) Anna's Uncle.
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
(b) Mrs. Mompellion.
(c) Michael Mompellion.
(d) Elizabeth Bradford.
5. What relationship did Anys and George have?
(a) A romantic relationship, though he was in love with Anna.
(b) A romantic relationship; he wanted to marry Anys.
6. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) The rector is singing.
(b) Anna is naked.
(c) The rector should be in church.
(d) She is breastfeeding.
7. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He dies.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He grows big and strong.
(d) He becomes deaf.
8. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
(a) Her father insults the rector's plan; Anna retorts.
(b) Anna accuses her father of murdering her mother.
(c) Anna calls her father a drunken idiot.
(d) Anna's father denounces her.
9. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
10. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(b) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(c) Because he cannot control his temper.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
11. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
(a) A doctor.
12. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Mutton broth.
(b) Money for the medicine.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Advice for her problems.
13. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Puts poppy in her pocket.
(b) Washes her clothes.
(c) Baptizes the baby.
(d) Buries the stillborn child.
14. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
(a) A toy for Jamie.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A dress he made for her.
(d) A book.
15. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(a) Michael Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
2. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
3. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
4. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
5. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)