|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
(a) Bury them with him.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Burn them all.
2. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Went and had a long talk with her father.
(d) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He dies.
(b) He becomes deaf.
(c) He catches a fever, but lives.
(d) He grows big and strong.
4. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
5. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) The stable boy starts crying.
(b) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
(c) The stable boy is actually her son.
(d) The stable boy is not around.
6. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he cannot control his temper.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(d) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
7. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's son.
(b) Anna's father.
(c) Anna's husband.
(d) Anna's brother.
8. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
(a) A newborn lamb.
(b) A dead lamb.
(c) A dead ewe.
(d) A ewe in labor.
9. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
(a) She strikes Anna.
(b) She begins to laugh at Anna.
(c) She frowns.
(d) She gives Anna a hug.
10. Who does Anys live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
11. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(b) A riding accident.
(c) He gets terribly ill.
(d) A mining accident.
12. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
(a) Cleans daily.
(b) Serves during parties.
(c) Does field work.
13. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) The Londoner.
(c) Colonel Bradford.
(d) The rector.
14. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(b) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(d) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
15. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(b) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(c) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(d) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna afraid of helping deliver Mary Daniel's baby?
2. What does the Londoner tell the other diners during the Bradfords' dinner party?
3. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
4. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
5. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)