|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He grows big and strong.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes deaf.
2. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) A miner.
(b) The former parson of the village parish.
(c) A well respected doctor.
(d) The justice of the peace.
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What is the name of the rector's horse?
5. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's husband.
(b) Anna's son.
(c) Anna's father.
(d) Anna's brother.
6. Who does Anna talk with on her way to the Bradfords?
(a) Lib Hancock.
(b) Sam Frith.
(c) Michael Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
7. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
(a) Pray that God will protect them from more witches.
(b) Flee the village.
(c) Pray that God will forgive their actions.
(d) Burn the witch.
8. What does Anna discover about the baby still inside Mary Daniel?
(a) The baby is backwards.
(b) The baby is deformed.
(c) There is no baby.
(d) The baby is dead.
9. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) The stable boy starts crying.
(b) The stable boy is not around.
(c) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
(d) The stable boy is actually her son.
10. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(b) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(c) Because he cannot control his temper.
(d) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
11. What does Anna ask for to help during delivery of Mary's baby?
(b) Chicken fat.
12. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
(a) She doesn't want to meet people on the road.
(b) The road is dark and dangerous.
(c) The orchard is faster.
(d) She wants to pick some apples for herself.
13. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
(a) That the rector is wrong.
(b) That she has nowhere to go and nothing to protect or hope for.
(c) That Colonel Bradford is actually a very generous and kind man.
(d) That Elizabeth Bradford has the plague.
14. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) George Viccars.
(b) The rector.
(d) Mrs. Mompellion.
15. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Mary Hadfield.
(d) Her stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
2. Who is Sam?
3. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
4. Where does Maggie Cantwell go after the Bradfords throw her out?
5. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)