|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A riding accident.
(b) A mining accident.
(c) He gets terribly ill.
(d) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
2. What does the crowd do to Anys?
(a) They let her go.
(b) They hang her.
(c) They drown her.
(d) They take her to trial.
3. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She is unable to control herself and urinates.
(c) She begins to break out in hives.
(d) She cries uncontrollably.
4. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
5. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(b) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
(c) She hears that someone survived the plague.
(d) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
6. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(a) Michael Mompellion.
(c) George Viccars.
7. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
(b) She goes there to think about Sam.
(c) The rector wants to meet her there.
(d) She is tending to her sheep.
8. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
(a) Pray that God will protect them from more witches.
(b) Burn the witch.
(c) Flee the village.
(d) Pray that God will forgive their actions.
9. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's brother.
(b) Anna's father.
(c) Anna's son.
(d) Anna's husband.
10. What is the name of the rector's horse?
11. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A shower of rose petals.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A warm dinner.
(d) A painting.
12. Who is Maggie Cantwell?
(a) Anna's sister.
(b) George Viccars' wife.
(c) A cook for the Bradford family.
(d) A witch.
13. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) The Londoner.
(c) The rector.
(d) Colonel Bradford.
14. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A horse.
(c) Cow and grass-eater.
(d) A witch.
15. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's Uncle.
(b) Anna's brother.
(c) Anna's husband.
(d) Anna's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the young Martin girl?
2. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
3. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
4. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
5. Who is very vocal about their doubts as to the rector's plan?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)