|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Bury them with him.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Burn them all.
2. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
(b) The stable boy is actually her son.
(c) The stable boy is not around.
(d) The stable boy starts crying.
3. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
(a) That Elizabeth Bradford has the plague.
(b) That she has nowhere to go and nothing to protect or hope for.
(c) That the rector is wrong.
(d) That Colonel Bradford is actually a very generous and kind man.
4. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A shower of rose petals.
(b) A painting.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A warm dinner.
5. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's brother.
(b) Anna's husband.
(c) Anna's son.
(d) Anna's Uncle.
6. Who is very vocal about their doubts as to the rector's plan?
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Mary Harding.
(c) Anna's father and stepmother.
(d) Anys Gowdie.
7. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) Colonel Bradford.
(b) The Londoner.
(c) The rector.
(d) Mrs. Mompellion.
8. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(b) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(c) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
9. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To check on her children.
(b) To check something on the stove.
(c) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(d) To tell her husband the news.
10. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) George Viccars.
11. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Anna Frith.
(c) Colonel Bradford.
(d) The earl of Chatsworth.
12. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
(a) To pick up a dress George made for her.
(b) To buy some milk.
(c) To visit Anna.
(d) To give Anna some herbs.
13. Why is Anna afraid of helping deliver Mary Daniel's baby?
(a) Because she has never assisted in a birth before.
(b) Because she is afraid of blood.
(c) Because she watched her mother die in childbirth.
(d) Because the baby is in breach position.
14. Who is Maggie Cantwell?
(a) A cook for the Bradford family.
(b) Anna's sister.
(c) George Viccars' wife.
(d) A witch.
15. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
(a) Maggie Cantwell.
(b) Anys and Mem Gowdie.
(c) Anna and her sons.
(d) Rector Mompellion and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Viccars die?
2. Who is Tom?
3. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
4. How did Sam die?
5. What does the Londoner tell the other diners during the Bradfords' dinner party?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)