|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
(b) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
(c) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(d) Elinor standing outside her door.
2. What do the townspeople accuse Aphra of doing?
(a) Digging graves before the victims are dead.
(b) Haunting the living with memories of their dead loved ones.
(c) Performing hexes on the living.
(d) Selling people spells while disguised as Anys.
3. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
(a) The Bradfords are leaving; she needs help getting her things.
(b) She has traveled to the village to help Anna, and needs a place to stay.
(c) She has come looking for George.
(d) She is accused of being a witch and needs somewhere to hide.
4. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Butchering a hog.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Chopping wood.
5. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he cannot control his temper.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank is Henry Bradford?
2. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
3. How old is Aphra's child, Faith?
4. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
5. Where does Aphra spend the night after she is accused?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)