|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(b) She is looking for more poppy.
(c) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
(d) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
2. Who is very vocal about their doubts as to the rector's plan?
(a) Mary Harding.
(b) Anys Gowdie.
(c) Anna's father and stepmother.
(d) Elinor Mompellion.
3. What was the name of the boy who abandoned Elinor after convincing her to run away from home?
4. Why is the rector constantly tired?
(a) Because he has been fighting with Anna's father.
(b) Because he has been preaching a boosting morale nonstop.
(c) Because he is indeed sick with the plague.
(d) Because he has been digging graves and visiting the sick nonstop.
5. How did Sam die?
(a) In a mining accident.
(b) From the flu.
(c) In a riding accident.
(d) From the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the rector walking with in the orchard?
2. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
3. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
5. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)