|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He becomes a priest.
(b) He becomes a flagellant.
(c) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(d) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
2. Why is Anna afraid of helping deliver Mary Daniel's baby?
(a) Because the baby is in breach position.
(b) Because she is afraid of blood.
(c) Because she has never assisted in a birth before.
(d) Because she watched her mother die in childbirth.
3. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
(a) That they will be closing the church, service will be held outside.
(b) That the Bradfords have returned with medicine.
(c) That he is stepping down as rector.
(d) That those who wish should flee from the plague.
4. Where does Aphra spend the night after she is accused?
(a) In the stocks.
(b) In the churchyard, chained to a cross.
(c) At the rectory.
(d) In a fertilizer pool.
5. What service does Anna's father start up?
(b) Herb growing.
(c) Grave digging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
2. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
3. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
4. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
5. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)