|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
2. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She becomes promiscuous.
(b) She becomes a recluse.
(c) She becomes extremely devout.
(d) She changes religion.
3. What is Anna's father sentenced to?
(a) Burning at the stake.
(b) Firing squad.
(d) A dagger through the hands.
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Lib Hancock.
(c) Sam Frith.
(d) Mem Gowdie.
5. What does Anna take from the Hadfields to help her sleep?
(b) Sage tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rector and Anna see as they ride to the Gordon cottage?
2. Who comes to talk to the Bradfords while they are packing?
3. Who finishes the sermon for the rector?
4. Where does the rector hold his services now that the church is closed?
5. Who does Anys live with?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)