|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
(a) She tries to do a spell, hoping it will cure her husband.
(b) She tries to induce labor.
(c) She runs after her husband, who abandoned her.
(d) She tries to put her husband out of his misery.
2. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
3. Where does the rector hold his services now that the church is closed?
(a) The Delf.
(b) Anna's house.
(c) The Field.
(d) The rectory.
4. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
(a) That those who wish should flee from the plague.
(b) That he is stepping down as rector.
(c) That the Bradfords have returned with medicine.
(d) That they will be closing the church, service will be held outside.
5. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) A well respected doctor.
(b) The justice of the peace.
(c) A miner.
(d) The former parson of the village parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dragged to the meeting at the Delf dressed in black?
2. What was Anna happy about when she went to sleep after going into the mine?
3. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
5. What does Anna feed the horse?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)