|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
(a) Cleans daily.
(b) Serves during parties.
(c) Does field work.
2. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Burn them all.
(d) Bury them with him.
3. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
(a) Anna and her sons.
(b) Anys and Mem Gowdie.
(c) Maggie Cantwell.
(d) Rector Mompellion and his wife.
4. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
(a) Kate burned him when they got into an argument.
(b) He died in a mining accident.
(c) He abandoned his family, afraid of the plague.
(d) He burned his plague sore with a hot iron.
5. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(b) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(c) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(d) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
2. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
3. How did Sam die?
4. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
5. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)