|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
(b) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(c) She is looking for more poppy.
(d) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
2. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He becomes deaf.
(b) He grows big and strong.
(c) He dies.
(d) He catches a fever, but lives.
3. How long has the rector lived in the village?
(a) Three years.
(b) His whole life.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
(a) Mem Gowdie.
(b) Anys Gowdie.
(c) Lib Hancock.
(d) Sam Frith.
5. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(b) Because he cannot control his temper.
(c) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(d) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
2. How does Mr. Viccars die?
3. Who comes and stops the mob during the witch frenzy?
4. How did Sam die?
5. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)