|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
(a) She was addicted to poppy.
(b) She was in another country where she didn't speak the language.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She was penniless.
2. Who does the rector convince Jakob Merill to leave his house to?
(b) Anna's father.
(c) Brand Rigney.
(d) Elinor Mompellion.
3. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because apples don't grow near there.
(b) Because they were not in season.
(c) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(d) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
4. What does Anna ask for to help during delivery of Mary's baby?
(a) Chicken fat.
5. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
(a) A ewe in labor.
(b) A newborn lamb.
(c) A dead lamb.
(d) A dead ewe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Aphra's child, Faith?
2. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
3. What is strange about Christopher Unwin's condition?
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
5. What does the rector tell Anna to say to the visitor demanding to see him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)