|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
(a) Anys gives Jamie water when he needs it.
(b) Anys rubs Jamie with salve to cool him down.
(c) Anys sings to Jamie until he falls asleep.
(d) Anys performs witchcraft to cure Jamie of the plague.
2. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She is very vivacious.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She lacks common sense.
(d) She is very Puritan and stern.
3. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) He gets terribly ill.
(b) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(c) A riding accident.
(d) A mining accident.
4. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(b) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(c) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(d) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
5. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
(a) No method.
(b) Shock therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Anna make with her father in return for his service digging graves?
2. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
3. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
4. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
5. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)