|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about the rector's reaction when he sees Elinor and Anna at the tavern?
(a) He opens his arms out as if to hug, then claps his hand together.
(b) He leans forward as if to kiss, then draws back.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He starts yelling at them for being stupid.
2. What is George Viccars' trade?
(a) A priest.
(b) A journeyman tailor.
(c) A miner.
(d) A blacksmith.
3. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
4. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Mary Hadfield.
(b) Anys Gowdie.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
(d) Her stepmother.
5. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) She goes there to think about Sam.
(b) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
(c) The rector wants to meet her there.
(d) She is tending to her sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam die?
2. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
3. What punishment does Aphra receive from the villagers?
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
5. Who is Thomas Stanley?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)