|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
(a) To see her father.
(b) To remember Sam.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To borrow a handcart.
2. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Tramples them for cider.
(b) Bites into one.
(c) Makes a pie with them.
(d) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
3. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(a) He dies.
(b) He goes into a coma.
(d) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A mining accident.
(b) A riding accident.
(c) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(d) He gets terribly ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what charge is Anna's father brought to trial?
2. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
3. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
4. Why will Anna not testify for her father in court?
5. What new plan does the rector want the townspeople to undertake?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)