|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
(a) She is unable to control herself and urinates.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She begins to break out in hives.
(d) She cries uncontrollably.
2. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(b) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(c) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
3. What service does Anna's father start up?
(a) Herb growing.
(d) Grave digging.
4. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Washing clothes.
(d) Butchering a hog.
5. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(c) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to Anys?
2. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
3. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
4. Who finishes the sermon for the rector?
5. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)