|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Money for the medicine.
(b) Advice for her problems.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Mutton broth.
2. What does the crowd do to Anys?
(a) They take her to trial.
(b) They hang her.
(c) They drown her.
(d) They let her go.
3. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(b) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(c) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(d) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
4. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
(a) They beat her to death.
(b) They hang her from a tree.
(c) They tie her up and throw her in the water to see if she sinks.
(d) They take her to trial.
5. What is Aphra doing when Anna comes to check on her?
(a) Dancing before the fire.
(b) Setting her house on fire.
(c) Burying Faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
2. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
3. What was strange about the autumn?
4. Where is Faith when Anna comes to visit Aphra?
5. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)