|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because apples don't grow near there.
(b) Because they were not in season.
(c) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(d) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
2. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(b) Plague free for six months.
(c) There are more people above ground than in it.
(d) None of the answers if correct.
3. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) The former parson of the village parish.
(b) A miner.
(c) The justice of the peace.
(d) A well respected doctor.
4. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
(a) The Bradfords.
(c) Anna's father and stepmother.
(d) Mem Gowdie.
5. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
(a) She is happy; she has found a cure for the plague.
(b) She is healthy, but no one will take her in.
(c) It appears she had a stroke; she is unable to control one side of her body.
(d) She is stricken with the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
2. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
3. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
4. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
5. Who is Maggie Cantwell?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)