|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Great Burning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(c) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
2. What is the condition of Anna's father when they find him?
(a) Dead from self-inflicted wounds.
(b) Alive, but with hypothermia.
(c) Dead, eaten by animals.
(d) Alive, but deranged.
3. Why are the simplest tasks hard for Anna in the days after going into the mine?
(a) Because the cold freezes her limbs.
(b) Because she is sore and bruised from her work in the mine.
(c) Because her father beat her.
(d) Because she has the plague.
4. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
(a) "Michael, how much longer, my love?"
(b) "Michael, save me."
(c) "Michael, go on without me."
(d) "Michael, my love, I'm pregnant."
5. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he cannot control his temper.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(d) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
2. What happens to the rector during the mass where he is visibly tired?
3. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
4. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)