|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's son.
(b) Anna's Uncle.
(c) Anna's husband.
(d) Anna's brother.
2. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) She goes there to think about Sam.
(b) She is tending to her sheep.
(c) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
(d) The rector wants to meet her there.
3. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
(a) The orchard is faster.
(b) She wants to pick some apples for herself.
(c) The road is dark and dangerous.
(d) She doesn't want to meet people on the road.
4. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
(a) Pray that God will forgive their actions.
(b) Burn the witch.
(c) Flee the village.
(d) Pray that God will protect them from more witches.
5. What does Anna notice about the will that the rector drew up for Jakob Merrill?
(a) The will is in Latin.
(b) The rector cannot write properlyf
(c) He has forgotten the date and also wrote in the wrong name once.
(d) He has actually left the house to his neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
2. Why is the rector constantly tired?
3. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
4. Why will Anna not testify for her father in court?
5. What disappointing decision does the rector tell the church members during his sermon that he delivers while exhausted?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)