|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
2. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
(b) She hears that someone survived the plague.
(c) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(d) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
3. Whom does Anna want to see before they die from the plague?
(a) Lib Hancock, her oldest friend.
(b) Sam Frith, her husband.
(c) Anys Gowdie, her friend.
(d) Elinor Mompellion, her mentor.
4. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(c) Michael Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
5. Why do Anna and Elinor go down into the Wickford mine?
(a) To show that women can to men's work.
(b) To save Merry Wickford, who is trapped there.
(c) To find herbs that grow underground.
(d) To get lead for Merry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the name of the rector's horse cause a stir in the village?
2. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
3. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
4. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
5. Why does the rector grab Anna's arm when she reaches for the Bible?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)