|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(b) She hears that someone survived the plague.
(c) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
(d) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
2. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
(a) To remember Sam.
(b) To borrow a handcart.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To see her father.
3. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
(b) A book.
(c) A new sewing kit.
(d) A box of cloth.
4. What is strange about Christopher Unwin's condition?
(a) He is recovering from the plague.
(b) He dies within minutes of getting the plague.
(c) He has the power to cure people with the plague.
(d) He is immune to the plague.
5. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
(a) They take her to trial.
(b) They hang her from a tree.
(c) They tie her up and throw her in the water to see if she sinks.
(d) They beat her to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
2. What is the name of the rector's horse?
3. Why is the rector constantly tired?
4. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
5. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)