|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A horse.
(c) A witch.
(d) Cow and grass-eater.
2. Why is Anna afraid of helping deliver Mary Daniel's baby?
(a) Because the baby is in breach position.
(b) Because she is afraid of blood.
(c) Because she watched her mother die in childbirth.
(d) Because she has never assisted in a birth before.
3. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
(a) Pray that God will forgive their actions.
(b) Flee the village.
(c) Pray that God will protect them from more witches.
(d) Burn the witch.
4. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
(a) To the old mine shaft.
(b) To the basement of the rectory.
(c) To the Gowdies' cottage.
(d) To the village witch.
5. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
(a) Anys sings to Jamie until he falls asleep.
(b) Anys rubs Jamie with salve to cool him down.
(c) Anys gives Jamie water when he needs it.
(d) Anys performs witchcraft to cure Jamie of the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
2. Why are the simplest tasks hard for Anna in the days after going into the mine?
3. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
4. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
5. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)