|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
(b) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(c) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(d) She is looking for more poppy.
2. What relationship did Anys and George have?
(a) A romantic relationship, though he was in love with Anna.
(c) A romantic relationship; he wanted to marry Anys.
3. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(b) He gets terribly ill.
(c) A mining accident.
(d) A riding accident.
4. Who comes to Anna's cottage looking for Anna's father?
(a) His son.
(d) The rector.
5. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
(a) Pray for forgiveness.
(b) Stay and fight the disease.
(c) Flee to cleaner air.
(d) Warn neighboring villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
2. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
3. What was strange about the autumn?
4. What does Anna take from the Hadfields to help her sleep?
5. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)