|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
(a) She has traveled to the village to help Anna, and needs a place to stay.
(b) The Bradfords are leaving; she needs help getting her things.
(c) She is accused of being a witch and needs somewhere to hide.
(d) She has come looking for George.
2. Why are the simplest tasks hard for Anna in the days after going into the mine?
(a) Because she has the plague.
(b) Because she is sore and bruised from her work in the mine.
(c) Because her father beat her.
(d) Because the cold freezes her limbs.
3. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(b) Because he cannot control his temper.
(c) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
4. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To tell her husband the news.
(b) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(c) To check on her children.
(d) To check something on the stove.
5. Who carries Mr. Viccars' body downstairs?
(d) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
2. Who does Anna talk with on her way to the Bradfords?
3. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
5. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)