|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
2. What was Anna happy about when she went to sleep after going into the mine?
(a) That she had done something that came out right.
(b) That she had poppy to ease her pain.
(c) That it was warming up outside.
(d) That the rector wasn't angry with her.
3. What does the crowd do to Anys?
(a) They let her go.
(b) They hang her.
(c) They drown her.
(d) They take her to trial.
4. What service does Anna's father start up?
(b) Grave digging.
(d) Herb growing.
5. What does Anna discover about the baby still inside Mary Daniel?
(a) The baby is deformed.
(b) There is no baby.
(c) The baby is backwards.
(d) The baby is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Elinor reveal about herself to Anna?
2. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
3. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
4. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
5. What does Anna take from the Hadfields to help her sleep?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)