|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
(d) A doctor.
2. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Buries the stillborn child.
(b) Baptizes the baby.
(c) Puts poppy in her pocket.
(d) Washes her clothes.
3. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
(b) She is looking for more poppy.
(c) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(d) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
(a) Lib Hancock.
(b) Sam Frith.
(c) Mem Gowdie.
(d) Anys Gowdie.
5. Where does Maggie Cantwell go after the Bradfords throw her out?
(a) To Anna's house.
(b) To Blackwell.
(c) To Canterbury.
(d) With the Bradfords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Anna make with her father in return for his service digging graves?
2. Who is the mob beating near the old mine?
3. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
4. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
5. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)