|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) She is looking for more poppy.
(b) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(c) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
(d) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
2. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A relative.
3. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
(a) Taking poppy to forget their worries.
(b) Packing so that they may flee soon.
(c) Researching herbs that will help them fight the plague.
(d) Winterizing the Gowdie garden.
4. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's Uncle.
(b) Anna's brother.
(c) Anna's husband.
(d) Anna's son.
5. Who comes to rescue the first accused witch?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
(d) Anna Frith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna talk with on her way to the Bradfords?
2. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
3. Why do Anna and Elinor go down into the Wickford mine?
4. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
5. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)