|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is very vocal about their doubts as to the rector's plan?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Mary Harding.
(c) Anna's father and stepmother.
(d) Elinor Mompellion.
2. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(c) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
3. What is George Viccars' trade?
(a) A journeyman tailor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A miner.
(d) A priest.
4. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) She hears that someone survived the plague.
(b) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
(c) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(d) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
5. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) She is very vivacious.
(c) She lacks common sense.
(d) She is very Puritan and stern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do with the apples?
2. What is strange about Christopher Unwin's condition?
3. Why is the rector constantly tired?
4. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
5. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)