|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To tell her husband the news.
(b) To check something on the stove.
(c) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(d) To check on her children.
2. Who comes to rescue the first accused witch?
(a) Anna Frith.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Michael Mompellion.
3. What dangerous method does Anna use in the mine?
4. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(b) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(c) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(d) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
5. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Went and had a long talk with her father.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
(d) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the rector walking with in the orchard?
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
3. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
4. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)