|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She gets the plague and dies.
(b) She leaves the village and survives.
(c) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(d) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(a) He dies.
(c) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(d) He goes into a coma.
3. What is the condition of Anna's father when they find him?
(a) Dead, eaten by animals.
(b) Dead from self-inflicted wounds.
(c) Alive, but deranged.
(d) Alive, but with hypothermia.
4. Whom does Anna want to see before they die from the plague?
(a) Elinor Mompellion, her mentor.
(b) Sam Frith, her husband.
(c) Lib Hancock, her oldest friend.
(d) Anys Gowdie, her friend.
5. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(b) Because apples don't grow near there.
(c) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
(d) Because they were not in season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
2. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
3. Who is the mob beating near the old mine?
4. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
5. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)