|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Body of the Mine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
(a) She is looking for more poppy.
(b) She is actually looking for Anys's book of spells.
(c) She is burning the herbs because they are witchcraft.
(d) To see if she can find things that will strengthen the healthy against the plague.
2. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To tell her husband the news.
(b) To check on her children.
(c) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(d) To check something on the stove.
3. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) The rector wants to meet her there.
(b) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
(c) She goes there to think about Sam.
(d) She is tending to her sheep.
4. Who does Anna talk with on her way to the Bradfords?
(a) Lib Hancock.
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) Sam Frith.
(d) George Viccars.
5. What is the narrator's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
2. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
3. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
4. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)