|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wide Green Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
(a) Mem Gowdie.
(b) Anna's father and stepmother.
(d) The Bradfords.
2. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Buries the stillborn child.
(b) Puts poppy in her pocket.
(c) Baptizes the baby.
(d) Washes her clothes.
3. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
(a) He counts the lambs for Anna.
(b) He doesn't help her.
(c) He watches his baby brother.
(d) He reaches inside and helps the ewe give birth.
4. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
(a) Does field work.
(b) Cleans daily.
(c) Serves during parties.
5. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) The Londoner.
(b) The rector.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) Colonel Bradford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
2. Who summons Anna for help when Mary Daniel is in labor?
3. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)