|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wide Green Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) The former parson of the village parish.
(b) A well respected doctor.
(c) A miner.
(d) The justice of the peace.
2. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
(a) Anys rubs Jamie with salve to cool him down.
(b) Anys performs witchcraft to cure Jamie of the plague.
(c) Anys sings to Jamie until he falls asleep.
(d) Anys gives Jamie water when he needs it.
3. What punishment does Anna compare the plague to?
(a) Lashing and pickling.
(b) Time out.
(c) Drawing and quartering.
4. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
(d) A doctor.
5. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(b) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(c) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(d) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
2. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
3. What is different about the young Martin girl?
4. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
5. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)