|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wide Green Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Washes her clothes.
(b) Buries the stillborn child.
(c) Puts poppy in her pocket.
(d) Baptizes the baby.
2. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) The stable boy is actually her son.
(b) The stable boy is not around.
(c) The stable boy starts crying.
(d) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
3. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Makes a pie with them.
(b) Tramples them for cider.
(c) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
(d) Bites into one.
4. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
(a) He reaches inside and helps the ewe give birth.
(b) He counts the lambs for Anna.
(c) He doesn't help her.
(d) He watches his baby brother.
5. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She gets the plague and dies.
(b) She leaves the village and survives.
(c) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(d) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maggie Cantwell?
2. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
3. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
4. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
5. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)