|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wide Green Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He dies.
(b) He grows big and strong.
(c) He catches a fever, but lives.
(d) He becomes deaf.
2. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was very sunny.
(b) The trees did not shed their leaves.
(c) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(d) It was cold.
3. Why is Anna afraid of helping deliver Mary Daniel's baby?
(a) Because she is afraid of blood.
(b) Because she has never assisted in a birth before.
(c) Because the baby is in breach position.
(d) Because she watched her mother die in childbirth.
4. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
(d) Mary Hadfield.
5. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
(a) She wants to pick some apples for herself.
(b) The orchard is faster.
(c) The road is dark and dangerous.
(d) She doesn't want to meet people on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Mr. Viccars' body downstairs?
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
3. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
4. What does Anna discover about the baby still inside Mary Daniel?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)