|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wide Green Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(b) George Viccars.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) The rector.
2. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(b) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(c) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(d) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
3. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(b) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(c) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
4. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
(a) Anys performs witchcraft to cure Jamie of the plague.
(b) Anys rubs Jamie with salve to cool him down.
(c) Anys gives Jamie water when he needs it.
(d) Anys sings to Jamie until he falls asleep.
5. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
(a) A dried toad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
2. Who is Sam?
3. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
4. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
5. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)