|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) The rector.
(d) George Viccars.
2. Who comes to rescue the first accused witch?
(a) Michael Mompellion.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Anna Frith.
3. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(b) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(c) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(d) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
4. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was very sunny.
(b) It was cold.
(c) The trees did not shed their leaves.
(d) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
5. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(b) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(c) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(d) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
2. What is George Viccars' trade?
3. What is different about the young Martin girl?
4. What does Anna feed the horse?
5. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)