|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A painting.
(b) A shower of rose petals.
(c) A warm dinner.
(d) A new dress.
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Mary Hadfield.
(b) Anys Gowdie.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
(d) Her stepmother.
4. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
(a) They tie her up and throw her in the water to see if she sinks.
(b) They beat her to death.
(c) They take her to trial.
(d) They hang her from a tree.
5. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To check on her children.
(b) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(c) To check something on the stove.
(d) To tell her husband the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Londoner tell the other diners during the Bradfords' dinner party?
2. What is different about the young Martin girl?
3. Who is very vocal about their doubts as to the rector's plan?
4. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
5. What punishment does Anna compare the plague to?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)