|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Mary Hadfield.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Her stepmother.
2. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
(a) Pray for forgiveness.
(b) Flee to cleaner air.
(c) Warn neighboring villages.
(d) Stay and fight the disease.
3. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(b) Butchering a hog.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Washing clothes.
4. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(b) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(c) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(d) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
5. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
(a) An idiot.
(b) Cow and grass-eater.
(c) A horse.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Mr. Viccars' body downstairs?
2. Who does Anys live with?
3. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
4. Who is the rector walking with in the orchard?
5. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)