|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(b) Because he cannot control his temper.
(c) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
2. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
(a) To visit Anna.
(b) To buy some milk.
(c) To give Anna some herbs.
(d) To pick up a dress George made for her.
3. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(b) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(c) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(d) That God is punishing them for their sins.
4. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(b) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(c) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
5. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
(a) A dress he made for her.
(b) A book.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A toy for Jamie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
2. What does Anna feed the horse?
3. Who acknowledges Anna's presence and offers their condolences at the Bradfords' dinner party?
4. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
5. What does Anna do for the Bradfords?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)