|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(b) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(c) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(d) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
2. Who comes and stops the mob during the witch frenzy?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) Elinor Mompellion.
(d) Anna Frith.
3. What is the name of the rector's horse?
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
(b) Elizabeth Bradford.
(c) Michael Mompellion.
(d) Mrs. Mompellion.
5. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because they were not in season.
(b) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
(c) Because apples don't grow near there.
(d) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam die?
2. What was strange about the autumn?
3. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
4. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
5. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)