|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A mining accident.
(b) A riding accident.
(c) He gets terribly ill.
(d) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
2. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(b) That God is punishing them for their sins.
(c) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(d) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
3. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy for Jamie.
(c) A dress he made for her.
(d) A loaf of bread.
4. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
(a) He counts the lambs for Anna.
(b) He watches his baby brother.
(c) He doesn't help her.
(d) He reaches inside and helps the ewe give birth.
5. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(b) George Viccars.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
2. What punishment does Anna compare the plague to?
3. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
4. What is the name of the rector's horse?
5. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)