|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She gets the plague and dies.
(b) She leaves the village and survives.
(c) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(d) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
2. What is the name of the rector's horse?
3. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
(a) She is going for a visit.
(b) She is going to help butcher a hog.
(c) She is delivering a draught to Edward, who has a fever.
(d) She is delivering bread.
4. What rank is Henry Bradford?
5. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Anna Frith.
(c) Colonel Bradford.
(d) The earl of Chatsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
2. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
3. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
4. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
5. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)