|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(b) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(c) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
2. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) He gets terribly ill.
(b) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(c) A mining accident.
(d) A riding accident.
3. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
(a) Flee to cleaner air.
(b) Warn neighboring villages.
(c) Pray for forgiveness.
(d) Stay and fight the disease.
4. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
(a) To visit Anna.
(b) To pick up a dress George made for her.
(c) To buy some milk.
(d) To give Anna some herbs.
5. Who does Anna talk with on her way to the Bradfords?
(a) Sam Frith.
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) Lib Hancock.
(d) George Viccars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to the accused witch?
2. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
3. What relationship did Anys and George have?
4. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
5. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)