|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Venom in the Blood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
(a) A "natural selection".
(b) A "venom of the blood".
(c) A "challenge of faith".
(d) A "curse for the ages".
2. Why does Anna run home after the dinner party at the Bradfords?
(a) To check something on the stove.
(b) To get there before the young Martin girl left.
(c) To tell her husband the news.
(d) To check on her children.
3. What does the rector tell Anna to say to the visitor demanding to see him?
(a) That he will see them another time.
(b) To come back later.
(c) To come in.
(d) To go to hell.
4. What evidence does Mary Hadfield have to accuse the victim of witchcraft?
(a) Mary says she saw the witch on her broom.
(b) Mary says the herbs she gave her killed her son Edward.
(c) Mary says she whispered a curse on her son Edward.
(d) Mary says she saw the witch floating in the water.
5. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
(a) She wants to pick some apples for herself.
(b) The road is dark and dangerous.
(c) The orchard is faster.
(d) She doesn't want to meet people on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
2. What is the name of the rector's horse?
3. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
4. What was strange about the autumn?
5. Who does Anys live with?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)