|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sign of a Witch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
(b) A dried toad.
2. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he cannot control his temper.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
3. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) The stable boy starts crying.
(b) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
(c) The stable boy is not around.
(d) The stable boy is actually her son.
4. What does the Londoner tell the other diners during the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) Religious news.
(b) How to fertilize their crops better.
(c) About the current political situation.
(d) About the plague in London.
5. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
(a) A horse.
(b) A witch.
(c) Cow and grass-eater.
(d) An idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do with the apples?
2. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
3. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
4. What is different about the young Martin girl?
5. How does Anys help Jamie when he is sick?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)