|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sign of a Witch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method is used to save the first accused witch's life?
(b) No method.
(d) Shock therapy.
2. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was very sunny.
(c) The trees did not shed their leaves.
(d) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
3. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) She is breastfeeding.
(b) Anna is naked.
(c) The rector is singing.
(d) The rector should be in church.
4. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He dies.
(b) He becomes deaf.
(c) He catches a fever, but lives.
(d) He grows big and strong.
5. What is George Viccars' trade?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A priest.
(c) A journeyman tailor.
(d) A miner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George tell Anna to do with his possessions?
2. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What does Mr. Mompellion say the villages with the plague should do?
5. Who is Jamie?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)