|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sign of a Witch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rector grab Anna's arm when she reaches for the Bible?
(a) So that the Bible will fall to the floor.
(b) Because she needs help getting up.
(c) Because she tries to hit him.
(d) Becuase she is unstable.
2. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
(b) A dried toad.
3. What is the crowd told to do after they realize what they've done?
(a) Pray that God will forgive their actions.
(b) Burn the witch.
(c) Pray that God will protect them from more witches.
(d) Flee the village.
4. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
(b) Makes a pie with them.
(c) Bites into one.
(d) Tramples them for cider.
5. What punishment does Anna compare the plague to?
(b) Time out.
(c) Lashing and pickling.
(d) Drawing and quartering.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam die?
2. Who does Anys live with?
3. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
4. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
5. Who is Tom?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)