|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was very sunny.
(d) The trees did not shed their leaves.
2. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(b) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(c) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(d) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
3. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Went and had a long talk with her father.
(b) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
(c) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
(d) Went for a long walk.
4. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's son.
(b) Anna's father.
(c) Anna's brother.
(d) Anna's husband.
5. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Mary Hadfield.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Her stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
2. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
3. How does Mr. Viccars die?
4. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
5. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)