|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) The earl of Chatsworth.
(b) Colonel Bradford.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Anna Frith.
2. Who is Tom?
(a) Anna's brother.
(b) Anna's husband.
(c) Anna's father.
(d) Anna's baby.
3. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(c) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
4. What does Mr. Viccars give to Anna?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy for Jamie.
(c) A dress he made for her.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(b) She leaves the village and survives.
(c) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
(d) She gets the plague and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
2. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
3. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
4. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
5. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)