|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
(a) A "curse for the ages".
(b) A "challenge of faith".
(c) A "natural selection".
(d) A "venom of the blood".
2. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's son.
(b) Anna's brother.
(c) Anna's husband.
(d) Anna's father.
3. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Anna Frith.
(b) The earl of Chatsworth.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Colonel Bradford.
4. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
(b) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
(c) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(d) She hears that someone survived the plague.
5. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Chopping wood.
(c) Butchering a hog.
(d) Washing clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
2. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
3. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
4. What was the name of the boy who abandoned Elinor after convincing her to run away from home?
5. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)