|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
(a) A "venom of the blood".
(b) A "challenge of faith".
(c) A "curse for the ages".
(d) A "natural selection".
2. Who is Jamie?
(a) Anna's son.
(b) Anna's husband.
(c) Anna's brother.
(d) Anna's father.
3. After Elinor tells Anna her secret, what do they spend the day doing?
(a) Researching herbs that will help them fight the plague.
(b) Packing so that they may flee soon.
(c) Winterizing the Gowdie garden.
(d) Taking poppy to forget their worries.
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Mem Gowdie.
(c) Sam Frith.
(d) Lib Hancock.
5. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
(a) She tries to induce labor.
(b) She tries to do a spell, hoping it will cure her husband.
(c) She tries to put her husband out of his misery.
(d) She runs after her husband, who abandoned her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
2. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
3. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
4. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
5. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)