|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
2. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) Elinor standing outside her door.
(b) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
(c) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(d) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
3. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
(a) The Bradfords.
(b) Anna's father and stepmother.
(c) Mem Gowdie.
4. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(d) Because he cannot control his temper.
5. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) George Viccars.
(b) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
2. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
3. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
4. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
5. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)