|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
2. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
(a) Lib Hancock.
(b) Mem Gowdie.
(c) Sam Frith.
(d) Anys Gowdie.
3. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) A miner.
(b) The justice of the peace.
(c) A well respected doctor.
(d) The former parson of the village parish.
4. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
(a) Because he cannot control his temper.
(b) Because he thinks he has offended Anna with his mimic.
(c) Because he accidentally hurt Jamie.
(d) Because he isn't a very good tailor.
5. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A riding accident.
(b) He gets terribly ill.
(c) A mining accident.
(d) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What predicament was Elinor in after her lover abandoned her?
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
3. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
4. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
5. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)