|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) The rector.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(a) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes into a coma.
3. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Butchering a hog.
(c) Chopping wood.
4. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(b) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
(c) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(d) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
5. Who is the rector walking with in the orchard?
(a) Thomas Stanley.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) George Viccars.
(d) Anna Frith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
2. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
3. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
4. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
5. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)