|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Colonel Bradford.
(c) Anna Frith.
(d) The earl of Chatsworth.
2. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He catches a fever, but lives.
(b) He grows big and strong.
(c) He becomes deaf.
(d) He dies.
4. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
(a) A new sewing kit.
(c) A box of cloth.
(d) A book.
5. What secret does Elinor reveal about herself to Anna?
(a) That she takes poppy every night so that she may sleep.
(b) That she is getting ready to flee.
(c) That she had been with child once.
(d) That the rector is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
2. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
3. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
4. Who carries Mr. Viccars' body downstairs?
5. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)