|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
(a) She begins to break out in hives.
(b) She cries uncontrollably.
(c) She passes out.
(d) She is unable to control herself and urinates.
2. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A shower of rose petals.
(b) A painting.
(c) A warm dinner.
(d) A new dress.
3. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
4. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(a) A doctor.
(d) A relative.
5. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(b) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(c) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(d) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
2. Who is Tom?
3. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
4. Who is Jamie?
5. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)