|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the rector walking with in the orchard?
(a) Anna Frith.
(b) Thomas Stanley.
(c) George Viccars.
(d) Elinor Mompellion.
2. Who is Thomas Stanley?
(a) A well respected doctor.
(b) A miner.
(c) The former parson of the village parish.
(d) The justice of the peace.
3. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
(a) A new sewing kit.
(c) A box of cloth.
(d) A book.
4. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) To remember Sam.
(c) To borrow a handcart.
(d) To see her father.
5. Who is Sam?
(a) Anna's Uncle.
(b) Anna's husband.
(c) Anna's brother.
(d) Anna's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
2. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
3. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
4. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
5. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)