|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
(a) A "natural selection".
(b) A "curse for the ages".
(c) A "challenge of faith".
(d) A "venom of the blood".
2. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(b) A doctor.
(d) A relative.
3. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) George Viccars.
(b) The rector.
(d) Mrs. Mompellion.
4. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(b) Washing clothes.
(c) Butchering a hog.
(d) Chopping wood.
5. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A riding accident.
(b) He gets terribly ill.
(c) A mining accident.
(d) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
2. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
3. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
4. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
5. Whom does Anna want to see before they die from the plague?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)