|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Mary Hadfield.
(d) Her stepmother.
2. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
(a) A large snowfall preventing her from going to the rectory.
(b) Elinor standing outside her door.
(c) Sally Maston standing in the doorway, her parents dying from the plague.
(d) Anys Gowdie standing in her garden.
3. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
(b) Michael Mompellion.
(c) George Viccars.
4. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He dies.
(b) He becomes deaf.
(c) He catches a fever, but lives.
(d) He grows big and strong.
5. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
(b) She leaves the village and survives.
(c) She gets the plague and dies.
(d) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
2. What does the rector refer to the plague as?
3. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
4. Who is Thomas Stanley?
5. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)