|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
(a) He abandoned his family, afraid of the plague.
(b) He died in a mining accident.
(c) Kate burned him when they got into an argument.
(d) He burned his plague sore with a hot iron.
2. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(c) Rotten wood.
(d) Dead rats.
3. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
(a) She is healthy, but no one will take her in.
(b) She is happy; she has found a cure for the plague.
(c) It appears she had a stroke; she is unable to control one side of her body.
(d) She is stricken with the plague.
4. How does Mr. Viccars die?
(a) A mining accident.
(b) Mr. Viccars doesn't die.
(c) A riding accident.
(d) He gets terribly ill.
5. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) The rector.
(b) George Viccars.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
2. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
3. Who comes to Anna's door looking for lodging?
4. What is the rector's attitude as he begins his sermon after the scene at the old mine?
5. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)