|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the young Martin girl?
(a) She lacks common sense.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She is very vivacious.
(d) She is very Puritan and stern.
2. Why doesn't any of the murderous mob get prosecuted for their actions?
(a) The justice of the peace will not come to the village for fear of the plague.
(b) There is no one to prosecute; they have all died of the plague.
(c) The justice of the peace will not come near a village with witches in it.
(d) The justice of the peace has the plague as well.
3. What is the main argument of the rector's sermon after the scene at the old mine?
(a) That those who are well should flee to a healthy village.
(b) That the village should stay and contain the plague.
(c) That there is no hope; they will all die together in the village.
(d) That God is punishing them for their sins.
4. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
(a) To the Gowdies' cottage.
(b) To the village witch.
(c) To the old mine shaft.
(d) To the basement of the rectory.
5. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Mary Hadfield.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Anys Gowdie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
2. How does Mr. Viccars die?
3. What secret does Elinor reveal about herself to Anna?
4. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
5. What does Anna take from the Hadfields to help her sleep?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)