Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Poppies of Lethe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(b) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(c) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(d) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
2. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
(a) A box of cloth.
(b) A book.
(c) A new sewing kit.
3. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She leaves the village and survives.
(b) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(c) She gets the plague and dies.
(d) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
4. What does Elinor do when Anna agrees to go along with the rector's plan?
(a) She gives Anna a hug.
(b) She frowns.
(c) She strikes Anna.
(d) She begins to laugh at Anna.
5. Where does Anna go to find more sleep aid?
(a) To the basement of the rectory.
(b) To the Gowdies' cottage.
(c) To the village witch.
(d) To the old mine shaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
2. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
3. Who leaves the church unnoticed after the rector unveils his plan?
4. What was the name of the boy who abandoned Elinor after convincing her to run away from home?
5. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)