|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(a) He goes into a coma.
(c) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(d) He dies.
2. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
(a) Anna is crying for all the dead children.
(b) Anna is crying for Elinor's unborn child.
(c) Anna is crying because she is in love with the rector.
(d) Anna is crying for her father.
3. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) Plague free for six months.
(b) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(c) There are more people above ground than in it.
(d) None of the answers if correct.
4. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
(a) The plague is neither God nor Devil, but nature.
(b) The plague is not nature or God, but the Devil.
(c) The plague was sent to weed out the weak.
(d) The plague is not the Devil or nature, but God.
5. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
(a) She dies from the plague and is buried.
(b) She ends up living in the orchard alone.
(c) She moves around the village, offering medicine and curing the plague.
(d) She dies from her injuries and from the stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
2. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
4. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
5. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)