|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
(a) Hung the infant from the ceiling.
(b) Left him out in the cold overnight.
(c) Performed a hex on the baby.
(d) Passed it through a bramble hedge.
2. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(b) He becomes a flagellant.
(c) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(d) He becomes a priest.
3. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(c) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
4. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(b) A horse.
5. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(b) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(c) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(d) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
2. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
3. What was strange about the autumn?
4. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
5. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)