|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(c) It was very sunny.
(d) The trees did not shed their leaves.
2. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(a) A horse.
3. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
(a) Anna is crying because she is in love with the rector.
(b) Anna is crying for Elinor's unborn child.
(c) Anna is crying for her father.
(d) Anna is crying for all the dead children.
4. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She becomes extremely devout.
(b) She becomes promiscuous.
(c) She changes religion.
(d) She becomes a recluse.
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) The rector should be in church.
(b) The rector is singing.
(c) She is breastfeeding.
(d) Anna is naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
2. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
3. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
4. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
5. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)