|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
(b) They have the plague.
(c) She is angry with the cook.
(d) She hears Elinor is dead.
2. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(b) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(c) He goes into a coma.
(d) He dies.
3. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He becomes a flagellant.
(b) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(c) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(d) He becomes a priest.
4. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She begins to break out in hives.
(c) She is unable to control herself and urinates.
(d) She cries uncontrollably.
5. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) None of the answers if correct.
(b) Plague free for six months.
(c) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(d) There are more people above ground than in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
2. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
3. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
4. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
5. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)