|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
(a) The plague is neither God nor Devil, but nature.
(b) The plague is not the Devil or nature, but God.
(c) The plague was sent to weed out the weak.
(d) The plague is not nature or God, but the Devil.
2. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He grows big and strong.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes deaf.
3. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She hears Elinor is dead.
(b) She is angry with the cook.
(c) They have the plague.
(d) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
4. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
(a) It is not there.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) It is burning.
(d) It is bare.
5. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) Plague free for six months.
(b) There are more people above ground than in it.
(c) None of the answers if correct.
(d) There are more people in the ground than above it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
2. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
3. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
4. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
5. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)