|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
2. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
(a) She is going for a visit.
(b) She is delivering a draught to Edward, who has a fever.
(c) She is delivering bread.
(d) She is going to help butcher a hog.
3. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
(a) Anna is crying for all the dead children.
(b) Anna is crying because she is in love with the rector.
(c) Anna is crying for her father.
(d) Anna is crying for Elinor's unborn child.
4. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He becomes a flagellant.
(b) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(c) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(d) He becomes a priest.
5. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
(a) A dead ewe.
(b) A ewe in labor.
(c) A newborn lamb.
(d) A dead lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
2. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
4. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
5. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)