|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Advice for her problems.
(b) Money for the medicine.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Mutton broth.
2. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She changes religion.
(b) She becomes a recluse.
(c) She becomes extremely devout.
(d) She becomes promiscuous.
3. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the stocks.
(c) Dead; fallen off the Edge.
(d) At the cemetery.
4. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
(b) He becomes a flagellant.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
5. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(b) There are more people above ground than in it.
(c) Plague free for six months.
(d) None of the answers if correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was strange about the autumn?
2. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
3. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
4. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
5. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)