|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
(a) She dies from the plague and is buried.
(b) She ends up living in the orchard alone.
(c) She moves around the village, offering medicine and curing the plague.
(d) She dies from her injuries and from the stroke.
2. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
3. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A painting.
(c) A shower of rose petals.
(d) A warm dinner.
4. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) They have the plague.
(b) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
(c) She hears Elinor is dead.
(d) She is angry with the cook.
5. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(c) Rotten wood.
(d) Dead rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
2. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
3. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
4. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
5. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)