|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She changes religion.
(b) She becomes a recluse.
(c) She becomes extremely devout.
(d) She becomes promiscuous.
2. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(c) Rotten wood.
(d) Dead rats.
3. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(c) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
4. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(b) A doctor.
(d) A relative.
5. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) Plague free for six months.
(b) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(c) None of the answers if correct.
(d) There are more people above ground than in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
2. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
3. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
4. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
5. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)