|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He becomes a flagellant.
(b) He becomes a priest.
(c) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(d) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
2. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) Anna is naked.
(b) She is breastfeeding.
(c) The rector should be in church.
(d) The rector is singing.
3. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
(d) Went and had a long talk with her father.
4. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(b) A horse.
5. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
2. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
3. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
4. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
5. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)