|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He grows big and strong.
(b) He becomes deaf.
(c) He catches a fever, but lives.
(d) He dies.
2. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(b) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(c) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(d) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
3. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(b) Washing clothes.
(c) Butchering a hog.
(d) Chopping wood.
4. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
(a) She moves around the village, offering medicine and curing the plague.
(b) She dies from the plague and is buried.
(c) She dies from her injuries and from the stroke.
(d) She ends up living in the orchard alone.
5. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was very sunny.
(d) The trees did not shed their leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
2. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
3. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
4. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
5. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)