|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(b) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(c) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
(d) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
2. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
(a) She is healthy, but no one will take her in.
(b) She is stricken with the plague.
(c) It appears she had a stroke; she is unable to control one side of her body.
(d) She is happy; she has found a cure for the plague.
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He becomes deaf.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He grows big and strong.
(d) He dies.
4. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
(a) Anna calls her father a drunken idiot.
(b) Anna's father denounces her.
(c) Her father insults the rector's plan; Anna retorts.
(d) Anna accuses her father of murdering her mother.
5. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(d) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
2. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
3. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
4. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)