|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
(a) Butchering a hog.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Washing clothes.
2. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(b) A dog.
(c) Baby urine.
(d) Their baby.
3. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(c) A horse.
4. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
(a) It appears she had a stroke; she is unable to control one side of her body.
(b) She is healthy, but no one will take her in.
(c) She is happy; she has found a cure for the plague.
(d) She is stricken with the plague.
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) She is breastfeeding.
(b) The rector is singing.
(c) Anna is naked.
(d) The rector should be in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
2. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
3. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
4. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
5. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)