|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) The rector.
(c) Mrs. Mompellion.
(d) George Viccars.
2. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(a) Baby urine.
(b) Their baby.
(c) A dog.
3. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
(a) A warm dinner.
(b) A painting.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A shower of rose petals.
4. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
5. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
(a) Went and had a long talk with her father.
(b) Told Anna that children needed to be disciplined severely.
(c) Went for a long walk.
(d) Went to her father's house and punched him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
2. What are Mary and Anna doing at the Hadfield residence in the chapter 'Rat-Fall'?
3. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
4. What was strange about the autumn?
5. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)