|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) The rector.
(c) George Viccars.
(d) Mrs. Mompellion.
2. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
(a) She is in despair; no one will let her stay with them.
(b) She is even better; her medicine has cured a child.
(c) She has worsened, and appears to have had another stroke.
(d) She has worsened; the plague has ravaged her body.
3. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) The trees did not shed their leaves.
(b) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(c) It was very sunny.
(d) It was cold.
4. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(a) Their baby.
(b) Baby urine.
(c) A dog.
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) She is breastfeeding.
(b) The rector is singing.
(c) The rector should be in church.
(d) Anna is naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
2. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
3. What do the rector and Anna see as they ride to the Gordon cottage?
4. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
5. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)