|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) George Viccars.
(c) The rector.
2. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(b) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(c) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
3. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(a) A relative.
(d) A doctor.
4. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
5. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She is angry with the cook.
(b) She hears Elinor is dead.
(c) They have the plague.
(d) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
2. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
3. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
4. What surprise does Jamie have for Anna at the cottage?
5. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)