|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Mutton broth.
(b) Money for the medicine.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Advice for her problems.
2. What was strange about the autumn?
(a) It was very sunny.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was unusually cloudy and dark.
(d) The trees did not shed their leaves.
3. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) The rector should be in church.
(b) She is breastfeeding.
(c) Anna is naked.
(d) The rector is singing.
4. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
(c) Rotten wood.
(d) Dead rats.
5. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
(a) He reaches inside and helps the ewe give birth.
(b) He doesn't help her.
(c) He counts the lambs for Anna.
(d) He watches his baby brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
2. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
3. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
4. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
5. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)