|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
(a) Anna calls her father a drunken idiot.
(b) Her father insults the rector's plan; Anna retorts.
(c) Anna accuses her father of murdering her mother.
(d) Anna's father denounces her.
2. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
(a) She is going for a visit.
(b) She is going to help butcher a hog.
(c) She is delivering bread.
(d) She is delivering a draught to Edward, who has a fever.
3. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the stocks.
(c) Dead; fallen off the Edge.
(d) At the cemetery.
4. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A relative.
5. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(a) He goes into a coma.
(c) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
2. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
3. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
4. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
5. What do the rector and Anna see as they ride to the Gordon cottage?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)