|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
(a) It appears she had a stroke; she is unable to control one side of her body.
(b) She is stricken with the plague.
(c) She is happy; she has found a cure for the plague.
(d) She is healthy, but no one will take her in.
2. What does John Gordon begin to do to try to ward off the plague?
(a) He becomes a flagellant.
(b) He begins to pray at plague stricken bedsides.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He renounces all religion and becomes an atheist.
3. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She becomes promiscuous.
(b) She becomes extremely devout.
(c) She changes religion.
(d) She becomes a recluse.
4. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) George Viccars.
(c) The rector.
5. Why is Mem on her way to the Hadfields when Anna goes to see her?
(a) She is going for a visit.
(b) She is delivering a draught to Edward, who has a fever.
(c) She is going to help butcher a hog.
(d) She is delivering bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
2. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
3. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
4. What altercation does Anna get into with her father at the tavern?
5. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)