|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
(a) None of the answers if correct.
(b) Plague free for six months.
(c) There are more people in the ground than above it.
(d) There are more people above ground than in it.
2. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(b) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
(d) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
3. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) She is breastfeeding.
(b) The rector should be in church.
(c) Anna is naked.
(d) The rector is singing.
4. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
(a) Anna is crying for Elinor's unborn child.
(b) Anna is crying because she is in love with the rector.
(c) Anna is crying for all the dead children.
(d) Anna is crying for her father.
5. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(a) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maggie's condition when she returns to the village after leaving the Bradfords?
2. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
3. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
4. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
5. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)