|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
(a) The plague was sent to weed out the weak.
(b) The plague is not the Devil or nature, but God.
(c) The plague is not nature or God, but the Devil.
(d) The plague is neither God nor Devil, but nature.
2. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Money for the medicine.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) Advice for her problems.
(d) Mutton broth.
3. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(a) A dog.
(b) Baby urine.
(d) Their baby.
4. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
(a) It is bare.
(b) It is not there.
(c) It is burning.
(d) It is abandoned.
5. Why does Anna run home after the altercation with her father?
(a) She is humiliated and scrubs herself clean.
(b) Someone tells her that her house is on fire.
(c) She feels lightheaded and needs to lie down.
(d) She hears that someone survived the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
2. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
3. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
4. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
5. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)