One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Press of Their Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the pot the Mowbrays were boiling?
(a) Baby urine.
(b) Their baby.
(c) A dog.
2. Who says, "We all begin as naked children, playing in the mud"?
(a) Mrs. Mompellion.
(b) George Viccars.
(d) The rector.
3. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
(a) To remember Sam.
(b) To borrow a handcart.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To see her father.
4. Why does Anna throw Elinor and Michael's plates against the wall?
(a) She is angry with the cook.
(b) They have the plague.
(c) She hears Elinor is dead.
(d) She is envious of Elinor and the rector's relationship.
5. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
(a) She changes religion.
(b) She becomes extremely devout.
(c) She becomes a recluse.
(d) She becomes promiscuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
2. What is the condition of the Gordon cottage?
3. What condition is Maggie in when Anna leaves the tavern and sees her?
4. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
5. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)