Apple Picking Season
1. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because they were not in season.
(b) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(c) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
(d) Because apples don't grow near there.
2. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Tramples them for cider.
(b) Makes a pie with them.
(c) Bites into one.
(d) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
3. How long has the rector lived in the village?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) His whole life.
(d) Two years.
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What does Anna feed the horse?
6. Why doesn't Anna scold the stable boy?
(a) She sees that his face is worn and exhausted.
(b) The stable boy is not around.
(c) The stable boy starts crying.
(d) The stable boy is actually her son.
This section contains 5,123 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)