|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane reveal herself on Han's computer?
2. Why does Jane ask Ender and Miro to not waste time on saving her?
3. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
4. What does Qing-Jao tell Congress?
5. What does the bishop do to Miro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
2. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
3. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
4. What troubles Ender about his children?
5. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
6. When Qing-jao discovers who Demosthenes is, what does she do?
7. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
8. What happens to Qing-jao?
9. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
10. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
Essay Topic 2
There is a chapter that outlines the differences quite clearly of people who are married to their job and who are married to their spouses. Which do you think would be more fulfilling? Define why you believe your choice holds the key to a happy life.
Essay Topic 3
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)