|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two things that Han does in this chapter that he would never do normally?
2. What happens to Quim?
3. In the testing phase, _______________ is reborn better than before.
4. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
5. What does Novinha then accuse Ender of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
2. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
3. What happens to Qing-jao?
4. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
5. What is this new Peter's goal?
6. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
7. What troubles Ender about his children?
8. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
9. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
10. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter entitled "A Parting," Han's wife and Qing-jao's mother passes away. The paper offerings are all justified and accountable except for one. Qing-jao's offering of 'secrets' remains unexplained. Come up with your own explanation as to why she would offer secrets to her mother. Try to also come up with a reason why the paper offerings aren't burned. Explain the relevance in this as the book progresses.
Essay Topic 2
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 3
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)