|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
2. What does Ender tell Jane to do?
3. Qing-jao believes the silence of the gods is a _________________.
4. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
5. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qing-jao do when Jane reveals herself as Han's namesake?
2. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
3. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
4. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
5. What is this new Peter's goal?
6. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
7. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
8. What troubles Ender about his children?
9. What happens to Qing-jao?
10. What is Grego doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter entitled "A Parting," Han's wife and Qing-jao's mother passes away. The paper offerings are all justified and accountable except for one. Qing-jao's offering of 'secrets' remains unexplained. Come up with your own explanation as to why she would offer secrets to her mother. Try to also come up with a reason why the paper offerings aren't burned. Explain the relevance in this as the book progresses.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)