|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qing-jao spend all her time doing?
2. What is the emergency regarding?
3. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
4. Where is the first place the virus is released?
5. Why does Jane ask Ender and Miro to not waste time on saving her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Grego doing?
2. What does Qing-jao do when Jane reveals herself as Han's namesake?
3. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
4. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
5. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
6. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
7. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
8. What do the girls think about this program?
9. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
10. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)