|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To who does Quim compare Warmaker?
2. What causes Novinha to throw out Miro?
3. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
4. What story does Jane tell Han?
5. Why does Jane believe that Han and Wang-mu can solve the idea of traveling faster than light?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
2. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
3. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
4. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
5. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
6. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
7. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
8. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
9. What is the solution to this newfound problem?
10. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 3
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)