|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qing-jao believe Demosthenes is circulating 'his' articles?
2. Why does Quim feel confident?
3. What are two things that Han does in this chapter that he would never do normally?
4. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
5. Other than killing piggies, what does the mob do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
2. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
3. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
4. What is Grego doing?
5. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
6. What do the girls think about this program?
7. What does Qing-jao do when Jane reveals herself as Han's namesake?
8. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
9. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
10. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
Essay Topic 2
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter entitled "A Parting," Han's wife and Qing-jao's mother passes away. The paper offerings are all justified and accountable except for one. Qing-jao's offering of 'secrets' remains unexplained. Come up with your own explanation as to why she would offer secrets to her mother. Try to also come up with a reason why the paper offerings aren't burned. Explain the relevance in this as the book progresses.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)