|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qing-jao believe Demosthenes is circulating 'his' articles?
2. Why is Novinha mad at Ender?
3. What does Novinha forbid anyone to do?
4. Why does Quim feel confident?
5. To who does Quim compare Warmaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
2. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
3. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
4. When Qing-jao discovers who Demosthenes is, what does she do?
5. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
6. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
7. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
8. What is this new Peter's goal?
9. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
10. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Orson Scott Card draws parallels between the descolada and Jane. Explain the parallels and try to lend meaning to what the authors purpose might have been for doing so. Can you note any parallels in real life? Compare them to the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)