|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Jane tell Han?
2. What does Wang-mu think of all of this talk?
3. What does the virus do when released to the people of Path?
4. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
5. How does Han-Fei-tsu threaten Qing-jao?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
2. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
3. What do the girls think about this program?
4. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
5. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
6. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
7. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
8. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
9. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
10. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
Essay Topic 3
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)