|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quara call the new virus to help piggies reach their third stage but not hurt people?
2. What does Grego do?
3. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
4. What are two things that Han does in this chapter that he would never do normally?
5. What do the Godspoken do when they hear Han-Fei-tsu restored the fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
2. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
3. What is Grego doing?
4. What is this new Peter's goal?
5. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
6. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
7. What happens to Qing-jao?
8. What do the girls think about this program?
9. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
10. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
Essay Topic 3
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)