|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane believe that Han and Wang-mu can solve the idea of traveling faster than light?
2. What may be Olhado's asset to working on the problem of faster-than-light travel?
3. Where is the emergency meeting held?
4. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
5. How does Qing-jao believe Demosthenes is circulating 'his' articles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 2
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)