|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
2. Who announces how the testing will go for faster-than-light speed travel?
3. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
4. What does Ela figure out from Qing-jao's comments?
5. Why is Novinha mad at Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is this new Peter's goal?
2. What happens to Qing-jao?
3. What do the girls think about this program?
4. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
5. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
6. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
7. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
8. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
9. When Qing-jao discovers who Demosthenes is, what does she do?
10. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
Essay Topic 3
How does social structure and morality prevent an ordinary person from creating a bloodthirsty mob? How could the same social structure be turned on its head and turn normal, good people into bloodthirsty murderers? Where do you think this may have happened in the past? How could it be prevented in the future?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)