|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Quim?
2. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
3. Why does Novinha refuse to speak to Ender after the meeting?
4. Who else does Ender recreate?
5. What does the bishop do to Miro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
2. What troubles Ender about his children?
3. What is the solution to this newfound problem?
4. What is Grego doing?
5. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
6. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
7. What is this new Peter's goal?
8. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
9. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
10. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
Essay Topic 3
How does social structure and morality prevent an ordinary person from creating a bloodthirsty mob? How could the same social structure be turned on its head and turn normal, good people into bloodthirsty murderers? Where do you think this may have happened in the past? How could it be prevented in the future?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)