|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to reason with Qing-jao about the gods?
2. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
3. The revolution on Path was _______________.
4. What is Han-Fei-tsu determined to release?
5. Gloriously Bright begs her father not to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
2. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
3. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
4. What is this new Peter's goal?
5. When Qing-jao discovers who Demosthenes is, what does she do?
6. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
7. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
8. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
9. What do the girls think about this program?
10. What troubles Ender about his children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 3
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)