|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
2. What does Grego do?
3. What does the virus do when released to the people of Path?
4. The revolution on Path was _______________.
5. How does Han-Fei-tsu threaten Qing-jao?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
2. What troubles Ender about his children?
3. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
4. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
5. What do the girls think about this program?
6. What is Grego doing?
7. What is the solution to this newfound problem?
8. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
9. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
10. What has Han-Fei-tsu discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does social structure and morality prevent an ordinary person from creating a bloodthirsty mob? How could the same social structure be turned on its head and turn normal, good people into bloodthirsty murderers? Where do you think this may have happened in the past? How could it be prevented in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)