|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place the virus is released?
2. Where do Ela and Quara go to after they leave Novinha?
3. What resolution was made to this problem?
4. What happens to Quim?
5. What does Qing-Jao tell Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What is this new Peter's goal?
3. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
4. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
5. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
6. What troubles Ender about his children?
7. What does Qing-jao do when Jane reveals herself as Han's namesake?
8. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
9. What is the solution to this newfound problem?
10. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 2
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Valentine Wiggin goes by a pseudonym, Demosthenes. Suggest reasons why she could not write under her own name. Do you perceive these reasons as being valid to warrant deception spanning hundreds of worlds? Why or why not? Speculate on why authors may sometimes write under pseudonyms.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)