|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Quim?
2. Who does Wang-mu approach needing help with the descolada?
3. What does Valentine suggest the governing forces of Path do?
4. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
5. Why does Quim feel confident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls think about this program?
2. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
3. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
4. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
5. What is Grego doing?
6. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
7. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
8. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
9. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
10. What happens to Qing-jao?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel suggests that the most individually fulfilled people are those who both engage in significant work, but also those who choose to nurture relationships with others rather than with their work. Do you agree with this statement? What do you think it the ideal balance, or is society today evenly balanced? Why and how? Is there anyone in your life that falls into either extreme, ie a workaholic or dedicated housewife? Report on what keeps them going on a hard day.
Essay Topic 2
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Ender creates copies of his brother and his sister, but also of Miro while the theory of faster than light speed is being tested. Why do you think that this happens? What does this say about Ender? What do Ender's conjurations of his sister and brother reflect about the way he thinks about them?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)