|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ender come to find out about Jane?
2. The revolution on Path was _______________.
3. In the testing phase, _______________ is reborn better than before.
4. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
5. Who else does Ender recreate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
2. What makes Quim so confident of his safety around the piggies?
3. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
4. What troubles Ender about his children?
5. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
6. What do the girls think about this program?
7. What is Grego doing?
8. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
9. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
10. What happens to Qing-jao?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There is a chapter that outlines the differences quite clearly of people who are married to their job and who are married to their spouses. Which do you think would be more fulfilling? Define why you believe your choice holds the key to a happy life.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)