|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
2. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
3. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
4. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
5. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
2. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
3. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
4. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
5. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
6. What are Congress' two main reasons for decreeing the destruction of the planet, Lusitania?
7. What does she remember that gives her hope?
8. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
9. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
10. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Grego and Human are both acting unreasonably and cannot be reasoned with. Imagine you are a negotiator and have to put up logical reasons why this war should not continue against two illogical and irrational beings. Write a convincing argument as to how this war could have been averted or should have been averted.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)