|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
2. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
3. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
4. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
5. On what does Miro give a lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
2. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
3. What do the girls think about this program?
4. Both Wang-mu and Qing-jao envy each other. Why?
5. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
6. What is the obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
7. What is this new Peter's goal?
8. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
9. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
10. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
Essay Topic 1
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
Essay Topic 2
Valentine Wiggin goes by a pseudonym, Demosthenes. Suggest reasons why she could not write under her own name. Do you perceive these reasons as being valid to warrant deception spanning hundreds of worlds? Why or why not? Speculate on why authors may sometimes write under pseudonyms.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 1,717 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)