|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
2. What talent has Qing-jao been working on that she modeled after her father?
3. Valentine finds Miro in his room doing what?
4. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
5. Who is an enemy of the gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complicates this debate between Grego and Ela?
2. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
3. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
4. What is the significance of Han and Qing-jao's paper offerings to Jiang-qing?
5. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
6. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
7. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
8. What are Congress' two main reasons for decreeing the destruction of the planet, Lusitania?
9. Why does Han-Fei-Tsu make a promise he fears he cannot keep?
10. What does she remember that gives her hope?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Ender creates copies of his brother and his sister, but also of Miro while the theory of faster than light speed is being tested. Why do you think that this happens? What does this say about Ender? What do Ender's conjurations of his sister and brother reflect about the way he thinks about them?
Essay Topic 3
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)