|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
2. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
3. When Qing-jao questions her, what does she learn about Wang-mu?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What does this peasant envy of Gloriously Bright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
2. What complicates this debate between Grego and Ela?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
5. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
6. Why is philotic technology necessary?
7. Both Wang-mu and Qing-jao envy each other. Why?
8. What shames Miro?
9. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
10. Why does Han-Fei-Tsu make a promise he fears he cannot keep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)