|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
2. How many years have gone by for Miro's family?
3. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
4. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
5. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Congress' two main reasons for decreeing the destruction of the planet, Lusitania?
2. Why is philotic technology necessary?
3. What is the obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
4. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
5. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
6. What does she remember that gives her hope?
7. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
8. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
9. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
10. Why does Jane believe that Qing-jao will succeed at her woman's task?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Grego and Human are both acting unreasonably and cannot be reasoned with. Imagine you are a negotiator and have to put up logical reasons why this war should not continue against two illogical and irrational beings. Write a convincing argument as to how this war could have been averted or should have been averted.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)