|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Qing-jao about Wang-mu?
2. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
3. How did Jane come into being?
4. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
5. Who is about to discover Demosthenes identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
2. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
3. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
4. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
5. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
6. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
7. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
8. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
9. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
10. What is the significance of Han and Qing-jao's paper offerings to Jiang-qing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 2
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 3
Quara argues for the rights of the descolada. Do you agree to this argument? Explain your answer. Can you think of any similar cases in our world where similar things have been argued? Research one argument that has gotten media attention. Do you agree with the people fighting for the rights of that creature? Why or why not?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)