Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
6. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
7. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
8. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
Essay Topic 1
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 2
Grego and Human are both acting unreasonably and cannot be reasoned with. Imagine you are a negotiator and have to put up logical reasons why this war should not continue against two illogical and irrational beings. Write a convincing argument as to how this war could have been averted or should have been averted.
Essay Topic 3
Valentine Wiggin goes by a pseudonym, Demosthenes. Suggest reasons why she could not write under her own name. Do you perceive these reasons as being valid to warrant deception spanning hundreds of worlds? Why or why not? Speculate on why authors may sometimes write under pseudonyms.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)