|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
2. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
3. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
4. Who approaches Qing-jao?
5. How does she satisfy the gods when she cannot wash her hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does she remember that gives her hope?
2. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
3. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
4. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
5. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
6. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
7. What is the obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
8. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel suggests that the most individually fulfilled people are those who both engage in significant work, but also those who choose to nurture relationships with others rather than with their work. Do you agree with this statement? What do you think it the ideal balance, or is society today evenly balanced? Why and how? Is there anyone in your life that falls into either extreme, ie a workaholic or dedicated housewife? Report on what keeps them going on a hard day.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)