|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two problems the human colonists on Lusitania are facing?
2. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
3. Who is about to discover Demosthenes identity?
4. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
5. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
2. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
3. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
4. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
5. Why does Jane believe that Qing-jao will succeed at her woman's task?
6. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
7. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
8. What are Congress' two main reasons for decreeing the destruction of the planet, Lusitania?
9. Why does Qing-jao want so desperately to wash the grease from her hands?
10. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter entitled "A Parting," Han's wife and Qing-jao's mother passes away. The paper offerings are all justified and accountable except for one. Qing-jao's offering of 'secrets' remains unexplained. Come up with your own explanation as to why she would offer secrets to her mother. Try to also come up with a reason why the paper offerings aren't burned. Explain the relevance in this as the book progresses.
Essay Topic 3
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)