|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
6. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
7. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
8. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
Essay Topic 1
Valentine Wiggin goes by a pseudonym, Demosthenes. Suggest reasons why she could not write under her own name. Do you perceive these reasons as being valid to warrant deception spanning hundreds of worlds? Why or why not? Speculate on why authors may sometimes write under pseudonyms.
Essay Topic 2
There is a chapter that outlines the differences quite clearly of people who are married to their job and who are married to their spouses. Which do you think would be more fulfilling? Define why you believe your choice holds the key to a happy life.
Essay Topic 3
Critically analyze this book. What parallels were drawn between this future humanity and our present? Do you think that there are certain dark elements of human nature that we will never evolve beyond? Do you consider these things to be positive or negative?
This section contains 1,795 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)