Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
6. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
7. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
8. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
Essay Topic 2
What is Ender's argument about free will? Do you think this is an airtight argument? Why or why not? Come up with your own argument for the origin of human nature and free will. Where did it come from? Is it possible to control? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Valentine Wiggin goes by a pseudonym, Demosthenes. Suggest reasons why she could not write under her own name. Do you perceive these reasons as being valid to warrant deception spanning hundreds of worlds? Why or why not? Speculate on why authors may sometimes write under pseudonyms.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)