|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
2. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
3. What makes Valentine uncomfortable about the whole experience at the Hive Queen's cave?
4. What was Miro before this near fatality?
5. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
2. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
3. Why is philotic technology necessary?
4. What does she remember that gives her hope?
5. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
6. What is the significance of Han and Qing-jao's paper offerings to Jiang-qing?
7. Why does Qing-jao want so desperately to wash the grease from her hands?
8. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
9. Why does Han-Fei-Tsu make a promise he fears he cannot keep?
10. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Difficult decisions are never easy to make. Which challenge to you seemed most difficult for Ender to solve? Compare and contrast it to your most difficult problem. Can you compare them? If not, contrast them. Which task is actually more formidable?
Essay Topic 2
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
Essay Topic 3
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)