|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
2. What was Miro before this near fatality?
3. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
4. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
5. What is the greatest honor for Qing-jao's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
2. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
3. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
4. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
5. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
6. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
7. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
8. What does she remember that gives her hope?
9. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
10. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender creates copies of his brother and his sister, but also of Miro while the theory of faster than light speed is being tested. Why do you think that this happens? What does this say about Ender? What do Ender's conjurations of his sister and brother reflect about the way he thinks about them?
Essay Topic 2
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
Essay Topic 3
There is a chapter that outlines the differences quite clearly of people who are married to their job and who are married to their spouses. Which do you think would be more fulfilling? Define why you believe your choice holds the key to a happy life.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)