Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
6. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
7. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
8. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
In the chapter entitled "A Parting," Han's wife and Qing-jao's mother passes away. The paper offerings are all justified and accountable except for one. Qing-jao's offering of 'secrets' remains unexplained. Come up with your own explanation as to why she would offer secrets to her mother. Try to also come up with a reason why the paper offerings aren't burned. Explain the relevance in this as the book progresses.
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)