Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Han react to his daughter's dismissal of Wang-mu?
2. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
6. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
7. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
8. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
9. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
10. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast religion and science. How do they compliment each other? How do they argue against one another? Find quotes that suit your stance on both science and religion and then describe why these quotes echo your own personal opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Quara argues for the rights of the descolada. Do you agree to this argument? Explain your answer. Can you think of any similar cases in our world where similar things have been argued? Research one argument that has gotten media attention. Do you agree with the people fighting for the rights of that creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)