|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
2. What does Qing-jao explain to this new girl?
3. What have the godspoken been given?
4. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
5. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
2. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
3. What shames Miro?
4. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
5. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
6. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
7. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
8. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
9. What does she remember that gives her hope?
10. Where do Quara and Ela go after they leave their mothers and what do they do while there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a chapter that outlines the differences quite clearly of people who are married to their job and who are married to their spouses. Which do you think would be more fulfilling? Define why you believe your choice holds the key to a happy life.
Essay Topic 2
Orson Scott Card draws parallels between the descolada and Jane. Explain the parallels and try to lend meaning to what the authors purpose might have been for doing so. Can you note any parallels in real life? Compare them to the book.
Essay Topic 3
Novinha reacts rather roughly to Quim's death with her entire family, hardest on Ender. Do you think her actions were justified? Why or why not? As her actions were largely based on emotion, figure out a few things she could have done more logically and create an argument as though you were trying to convince her to use logic in the face of emotion.
This section contains 1,831 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)