|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
2. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
3. What shocks Qing-jao about Wang-mu?
4. What confuses the secret maid?
5. What does Qing-jao explain to this new girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
2. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
3. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
4. Why is philotic technology necessary?
5. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
6. Why does Jane reveal herself to Valentine?
7. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
8. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
9. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
10. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quim and Warmaker have a theology battle while Quim is subjected to the descolada virus. Name two points you found interesting in Quims' argument. Name two points you found interesting in Warmaker's argument. Do you think that Warmaker's actions were justified? Do you think it was worth breaking the treaty? Who do you believe put forth the better fight? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does social structure and morality prevent an ordinary person from creating a bloodthirsty mob? How could the same social structure be turned on its head and turn normal, good people into bloodthirsty murderers? Where do you think this may have happened in the past? How could it be prevented in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Miro and Valentine have an argument about the destruction of Lusitania. Compare and contrast the two points of view and then align yourself with one argument. What makes this argument most compelling to you? Why do you agree with it? If you agree with neither, briefly describe your argument and explain how it differs from the ones mentioned.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)