|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
2. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
3. On what does Miro give a lecture?
4. What have the godspoken been given?
5. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
2. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
3. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
4. Why is philotic technology necessary?
5. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
6. Why does Gloriously Bright implicate Demosthenes?
7. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
8. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
9. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
10. Why does Han-Fei-Tsu make a promise he fears he cannot keep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it a threat to Qing-jao that her father tell everyone it was her who found the fleet? Why do you think this is of social significance? How do you think that the Congress would react to such outbursts on Path? Justify your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the will to live and the right to life. How are they different? How are they similar? How can one aid the other? How is one not possible without the other?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)