|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
2. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
3. Who is an enemy of the gods?
4. How would Miro feel without Jane?
5. What was Miro before this near fatality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is philotic technology necessary?
2. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
3. Why does Jane reveal herself to Valentine?
4. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
5. Why does Han-Fei-Tsu make a promise he fears he cannot keep?
6. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
7. Why does Jane believe that Qing-jao will succeed at her woman's task?
8. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
9. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
10. Why does Qing-jao want so desperately to wash the grease from her hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Instead of allowing herself to be released from her obsessive compulsive disorder, Qing-jao throws herself further into it. Why is this the case? Why do you think, that even once it has been proven that the people of Path were being controlled, that Qing-jao still wants to be a part of a created religion meant to keep its population in subservience? Do you draw any parallels to our world here?
Essay Topic 2
Quim and Qing-jao are very convinced of their theological beliefs. Explain the differences in the ways they go about practicing their chosen religions. How are they similar? How do they differ? Do you think the names being so close in spelling had any deeper meaning? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ender creates copies of his brother and his sister, but also of Miro while the theory of faster than light speed is being tested. Why do you think that this happens? What does this say about Ender? What do Ender's conjurations of his sister and brother reflect about the way he thinks about them?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)