|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resolution was made to this problem?
(a) Qing-jao must be destroyed
(b) Ender goes as a peacemaker to path
(c) Quim would leave and try to dissuade the leader of the piggies from transporting the descolada
(d) Novinha is given an injection to slow the rate of infection
2. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
(b) They incite more violence against the piggies
(c) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
(d) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
3. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
(a) She takes the side of the piggies and sends her swarm after the humans
(b) She sends out guards to act as buffers between the piggies and humans
(c) She readies her guards for attack
(d) She tries to reason with the mob of people
4. What does Ender tell Jane to do?
(a) To send a shock wave through Qing-Jao's computer
(b) Shut down all communications
(c) To immediately transfer her intelligence elsewhere
(d) To keep all communications open
5. What does Qing-jao spend all her time doing?
(a) Purifying herself to atone for her father's sins
(b) Searching other worlds for the gods
(c) Talking to her dead mother
(d) Preaching the gospel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
2. How do the other piggies regard Warmaker's actions?
3. Why does Ender not immediately embrace Novinha's newfound religion?
4. How does her father feel when she tells him?
5. What do the Godspoken do when they hear Han-Fei-tsu restored the fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
2. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
3. What is Grego doing?
4. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
5. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
6. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
7. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
8. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
9. What is ironic about Han's relationship with his daughter in this chapter?
10. What is this new Peter's goal?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)