|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ender not immediately embrace Novinha's newfound religion?
(a) He doesn't want to take the vow of abstinence
(b) He doesn't believe in their principles
(c) He is satisfied in his present religion
(d) He is mad at her for treating him how she did
2. What does Ender come to find out about Jane?
(a) That her philote ends in him
(b) That Jane is the closest thing to a best friend he's ever had
(c) That he would be lost without her, more than he is without his wife
(d) That she is extremely sexy
3. In the testing phase, _______________ is reborn better than before.
4. Where do Ela and Quara go to after they leave Novinha?
(a) To their brother's funeral
(b) To the local bar
(c) To the church where they feel closer to Quim
(d) To their grandparents' shrine
5. What may be Olhado's asset to working on the problem of faster-than-light travel?
(a) He is highly intelligent, and another mind that is not being utilized
(b) He has gained so much influence from Ender that Valentine thinks he may think like him
(c) The fact that he has been out of school for so long, and might glean a fresh perspective
(d) His lack of regular eyes allow him to see things closer to his heart and home
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other piggies regard Warmaker's actions?
2. What does Quara call the new virus to help piggies reach their third stage but not hurt people?
3. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
4. What does Planter believe the virus did for them?
5. What does Qing-jao spend all her time doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news Jane has that warrants waking up Wang-mu?
2. What does Valentine think about Olhado and therefore ask of him?
3. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
4. How do the piggies treat Warmaker after Quim's death?
5. How does Novinha take Quim's death?
6. What is the solution to this newfound problem?
7. What does Wang-mu approach Qing-jao about, and what does she find out as a result?
8. What are the effects of the modified descolada virus on the people of Path?
9. What occurred when the test run was initiated for the faster-than-light speed travel?
10. What secrets does this unlock about the descolada?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)