|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is life harder on the Godspoken than anyone else?
(a) The Godspoken are required to be the gods in training
(b) The Godspoken aren't allowed to watch HBO
(c) The Godspoken aren't allowed to drift from the Path for a moment
(d) The Godspoken aren't allowed to show emotion
2. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
(a) She told her father that she didn't believe in the gods
(b) She came close to defying them when she suggested Starways Congress had lost their mandate
(c) She refused to do penances for her last defiance
(d) She told Wang-mu that the gods don't exist and that she feels silly when doing her penances
3. What are they trying to research?
(a) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(b) A new strain of potato
(c) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(d) A cure for cancer
4. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
(a) Pretty like lily
(b) Tremendous beauty
(c) Gloriously bright
(d) Highly intelligent
5. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
2. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
3. Why can't they exterminate the virus?
4. Who or what is Jane?
5. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
2. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. What does she remember that gives her hope?
4. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
5. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
6. What complicates this debate between Grego and Ela?
7. What are Congress' two main reasons for decreeing the destruction of the planet, Lusitania?
8. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
9. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
10. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)