|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses the secret maid?
(a) That Qing-jao must cleanse despite having done no wrong herself
(b) When Quin-jao says she is blasphemous for being political
(c) That she is dismissed without cause
(d) When Qing-jao says her loyalty is to the Starways Congress, not to the Path
2. What else is different about the godspoken?
(a) They have above average intelligence in order to serve Congress better
(b) They are less intelligent to be kept in the dark by the Path
(c) That they are responsible for the destruction of Lusitania
(d) They have distended, and considered beautiful foreheads
3. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
(a) He is a welder
(b) He is a servant
(c) He is a soldier
(d) He is an ordained priest
4. Who or what is Jane?
(a) Jane is Miro's daughter
(b) Jane is an avatar of the ships mainframe, personified to keep him company
(c) A being that evolved from communication technology of humans and buggers
(d) Jane is Miro's wife
5. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
2. What have the godspoken been given?
3. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
4. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
5. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is philotic technology necessary?
2. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
3. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
4. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
5. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
6. What disturbs Ender about the descolada virus?
7. Why does Qing-jao want so desperately to wash the grease from her hands?
8. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
9. Why does Jane believe that Qing-jao will succeed at her woman's task?
10. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)