|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
(a) She won't tell him exactly what she's doing, but it looks like two ships are being built
(b) It is a dark and disturbing place
(c) Valentine makes the suggestion that the queen might be hungry and looking for a morsel or two
(d) He has no way to communicate with her, and therefore cannot understand what she wants
2. What makes Valentine uncomfortable about the whole experience at the Hive Queen's cave?
(a) That both the Queen and Ender were in her head
(b) That Plikt and the Queen get along so well
(c) That Miro didn't like the experience, so she won't either
(d) That the Queen has an extraordinary tie to Ender
3. Who is an enemy of the gods?
4. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
(a) His mother has been found dead
(b) His wife was caught cheating on him
(c) His brother has told him he will never speak to him again
(d) The descolada's increased virulence
5. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
(a) The whereabouts of Miro
(b) Who Demosthenes is
(c) Ender and his teachings
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wang-Mu feel about the penances exacted on Qing-jao?
2. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
3. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
4. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
5. What are two problems the human colonists on Lusitania are facing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
2. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
3. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
4. Why is philotic technology necessary?
5. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
6. What does she remember that gives her hope?
7. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
8. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
9. What is the significance of Han and Qing-jao's paper offerings to Jiang-qing?
10. What shames Miro?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)