|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the customary way to dispose of bodies?
(a) To eat them
(b) To bury them
(c) To send them out in space
(d) Burning on a pyre
2. How does she think Wang-mu came to her?
(a) A monetary bribe
(b) She killed someone
(c) A foreman may have taken advantage of her
(d) She snuck by them
3. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
(a) A debate every ten years
(b) The mandate of heaven
(c) Full support from all the colonies
(d) The blessing of the gods
4. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
(a) An act of service to the gods
(b) Symptoms of his own obsessive compulsive disorder
(c) The actions of a man stricken with grief
(d) The result of intentional inbreeding
5. What does Miro reassure Jane with when she is troubled?
(a) That most people don't have original thoughts
(b) That she's beautiful even without a corset
(c) That he will always be her friend
(d) That she is beautiful and intelligent
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
2. Who is about to discover Demosthenes identity?
3. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
4. How does Wang-Mu feel about the penances exacted on Qing-jao?
5. What does Miro find most difficult about interacting with people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
2. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
3. Why does Miro find contact with people painful?
4. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
5. What does she remember that gives her hope?
6. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
7. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
8. What does Qing-jao realize about the common people as a result of Wang-mu?
9. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
10. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)