|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Qing-jao want to die during testing?
(a) She is told she can never again see her father
(b) She has a vision that she will die alone and without family
(c) She is told that her mother never loved her
(d) She believes the gods have deemed her too unclean to live
2. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) Her sexual development
(b) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(d) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
3. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They don't care at all
(b) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
(c) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
(d) They hate it and want to destroy it
4. How does she satisfy the gods when she cannot wash her hands?
(a) She undresses and the gods are attracted to her
(b) She begs for forgiveness and prostrates herself before their mercy
(c) She has a personal conversation and vows abstinence
(d) She follows a wood grain line to the wall
5. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
2. How far back do these genetic modifications date?
3. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
4. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
5. Who gets spoken to by the gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Qing-jao want so desperately to wash the grease from her hands?
2. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
3. Why does Jane believe that Qing-jao will succeed at her woman's task?
4. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
5. What shames Miro?
6. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
7. What is the significance of Han and Qing-jao's paper offerings to Jiang-qing?
8. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
9. Both Wang-mu and Qing-jao envy each other. Why?
10. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)