|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(b) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(c) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
(d) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
2. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
(a) The whereabouts of Miro
(b) Ender and his teachings
(c) Who Demosthenes is
3. What satisfies Valentine most about writing?
(a) That she is an amazing poet
(b) That she is able to put Peter behind her and make him everything she wants
(c) That she can write for many hours without fatigue
(d) That she is able to draw people in and make them see through her eyes
4. What shames Miro when he looks upon his brother, Olhado?
(a) That he made a smart remark about his choice in women, and yet he stands with a beautiful wife
(b) That he can barely see past his brother's mechanical eyes yet expects them to see past his disability
(c) That his brother has six children and a wife, and Miro has yet to even find a woman to date
(d) That Miro hadn't even bothered to check up with him since he left and wasn't there for the birth of any of his kids
5. Why is Descolada an issue?
(a) They are voracious
(b) They kill off crops
(c) They are mean little creatures
(d) They are vicious
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
2. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
3. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
4. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
5. What does Jane ask Valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
2. Why does Jane reveal herself to Valentine?
3. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
4. What does Han impress upon his daughter in regards to Demosthenes?
5. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
6. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
7. What does Han explain to his daughter about caste?
8. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
9. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
10. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)