|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shames Miro when he looks upon his brother, Olhado?
(a) That he can barely see past his brother's mechanical eyes yet expects them to see past his disability
(b) That his brother has six children and a wife, and Miro has yet to even find a woman to date
(c) That Miro hadn't even bothered to check up with him since he left and wasn't there for the birth of any of his kids
(d) That he made a smart remark about his choice in women, and yet he stands with a beautiful wife
2. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(b) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
(c) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(d) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
3. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
(a) Miro and how he is doing
(b) How to throw Qing-Jao off her trail
(c) How to expand her memory usage while keeping her thought process clear
(d) Ender and how to get him away from his wife
4. What satisfies Valentine most about writing?
(a) That she is able to draw people in and make them see through her eyes
(b) That she is able to put Peter behind her and make him everything she wants
(c) That she is an amazing poet
(d) That she can write for many hours without fatigue
5. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
(a) He ends up in a psychiatric ward out in space
(b) He puts his finger in a light socket and dies
(c) He gets elected Hegemon, absolute ruler of Earth
(d) He becomes psychotic with power
Short Answer Questions
1. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
2. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
3. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
4. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
5. What was Miro before this near fatality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does she remember that gives her hope?
2. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
3. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
4. Why does the theory of relativity pose such a problem to Valentine and Jakt?
5. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
6. Why is philotic technology necessary?
7. What or who does Qing-jao believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
8. What disturbs Ender about the descolada virus?
9. How does Wang-mu feel about the penances exacted by the gods?
10. What does Jiang-qing believe is particularly responsible for Han's doubt of the gods?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)