|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they trying to research?
(a) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(b) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(c) A new strain of potato
(d) A cure for cancer
2. Who approaches Qing-jao?
3. What confuses the secret maid?
(a) That she is dismissed without cause
(b) That Qing-jao must cleanse despite having done no wrong herself
(c) When Qing-jao says her loyalty is to the Starways Congress, not to the Path
(d) When Quin-jao says she is blasphemous for being political
4. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
(a) Freezing them
(b) Sacrificing his life for them to survive
(c) Shipping them off the planet with their own strain of virus
(d) Making them into a stew
5. What does Miro reassure Jane with when she is troubled?
(a) That he will always be her friend
(b) That she is beautiful and intelligent
(c) That she's beautiful even without a corset
(d) That most people don't have original thoughts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
2. How does she think Wang-mu came to her?
3. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
4. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
5. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does she remember that gives her hope?
2. What concerns Ender about the hive Queen?
3. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
4. Who approaches Qing-jao and what do they want with her?
5. What is causing a rift between Ender's stepchildren at the house?
6. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
7. Why does Jane reveal herself to Valentine?
8. Qing-jao's behavior once again leads Wang-mu to question the gods. Why?`
9. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
10. What does her addition to the catalog of voices mean to the family?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)