|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
(a) That all of his daughters have dates on a friday night and they only have one car
(b) That the kids want to return to Earth
(c) That the descolada might be sentient
(d) That Ender doesn't want to return home
2. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Erga, his aunt
(b) Demitri, his Uncle
(c) Ender, his stepfather
(d) Ouanda, his sister
3. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(b) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
(c) Her sexual development
4. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
(a) Asks her to be his servant for a week
(b) Gives her a written test
(c) Interviews her
(d) Asks her to preform a woman's task
5. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(b) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(c) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(d) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Qing-jao's woman's task?
2. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
3. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
4. How many years have gone by for Miro's family?
5. What is the person ailing from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the Lusitanian colonists just wipe out the descolada virus?
2. What does Qing-jao know about Lusitania?
3. What is to be noted about Valentine and her relationship to her husband, Jakt?
4. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
5. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
6. Why does Jane reveal herself to Valentine?
7. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
8. What is significant about Miro and Jane's conversation?
9. How is Jane considered to be a living being?
10. Both Wang-mu and Qing-jao envy each other. Why?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)