|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Descolada an issue?
(a) They are voracious
(b) They are vicious
(c) They are mean little creatures
(d) They kill off crops
2. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
(b) "The Godspoken"
(c) "Royals of the Path"
3. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
(a) Pretty like lily
(b) Tremendous beauty
(c) Highly intelligent
(d) Gloriously bright
4. Why does Qing-jao want to die during testing?
(a) She has a vision that she will die alone and without family
(b) She is told she can never again see her father
(c) She is told that her mother never loved her
(d) She believes the gods have deemed her too unclean to live
5. What is the greatest honor for Qing-jao's father?
(a) That his daughter didn't die
(b) That she has her mothers determination
(c) That his daughter attempted suicide when she felt too unclean for the gods
(d) That his daughter is so strongly possessed by the gods
Short Answer Questions
1. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
2. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
3. Why can't they exterminate the virus?
4. What does Miro find most difficult about interacting with people?
5. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Novinha so upset with her husband, Ender?
2. What is Ender's response to Warmaker's actions?
3. What is the significance of the Path to the Godspoken?
4. What is the obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
5. How does Miro feel upon his return to Lusitania?
6. Jane realizes that Qing-jao is getting close. How does she believe she can get her to stop?
7. When Qing-jao discovers who Demosthenes is, what does she do?
8. Valentine is called to an emergency meeting. Who called her and what do they want with her?
9. What is different for Miro when he returns to Lusitania?
10. What does Qing-jao do when Jane reveals herself as Han's namesake?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)