|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Jane tell Han?
(a) The Story of the Jade
(b) The Story of Master Ho
(c) The Story of the Three Kings
(d) The Story of the Master, Ho
2. What does Quara call the new virus to help piggies reach their third stage but not hurt people?
3. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
(a) A new insecticide
(b) The elimination of the virus
(c) A pruning
(d) An evolutionary gene splicing
4. What problem now vexes Ender?
(a) How to get the inhabitants of Lusitania off the planet in one trip
(b) How to re-educate Miro
(c) What to do with his recreated children
(d) How to get the people of Path to accept the engineered virus
5. The revolution on Path was _______________.
(b) Overall peaceful, a few violent incidents but nothing tragic
(c) Overall violent with intermittent peace
6. Who is starting the altercations between humans and piggies now?
7. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
(b) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
(c) They incite more violence against the piggies
(d) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
8. Qing-jao believes the silence of the gods is a _________________.
(a) Sign of her favor
(d) Sign of the gods displeasure
9. Who tries to reason with Qing-jao about the gods?
10. What are two things that Han does in this chapter that he would never do normally?
(a) He admits he is a lesser man for believing the blasphemy
(b) He does his purification ritual in front of other people and strikes Qing-Jao
(c) He locks Qing-jao in her room and denies her food
(d) He does his purification ritual in front of other people and strikes Wang-mu
11. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
(a) He has laundry that needs doing
(b) He wants to get back at his daughter
(c) He thinks she is pretty
(d) He values her intelligence
12. What does the bishop do to Miro?
(a) Crucifies him
(b) Makes him go to communion
(c) Makes him confess his sins
(d) Baptizes him
13. Who announces how the testing will go for faster-than-light speed travel?
14. Why does Novinha refuse to speak to Ender after the meeting?
(a) She is delirious with fever
(b) She believes he could have stopped Quim and didn't
(c) He didn't give her enough attention the night before
(d) She doesn't want him to leave to Path
15. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
(a) The computer has found out who Demosthenes is
(b) A man is looming over Qing-jao
(c) Someone is using the bathroom
(d) The window is open
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quim feel confident?
2. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
3. What does the virus prevent?
4. Why is Novinha mad at Ender?
5. What happens to Quim?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)