|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place the virus is released?
(a) The main population of Path
(d) Han's household
2. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
(b) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
(c) They incite more violence against the piggies
(d) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
3. What resolution was made to this problem?
(a) Ender goes as a peacemaker to path
(b) Novinha is given an injection to slow the rate of infection
(c) Quim would leave and try to dissuade the leader of the piggies from transporting the descolada
(d) Qing-jao must be destroyed
4. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
(a) That it was created by an advanced species to regulate and terraform the planet
(b) It has partnered up with the buggers and is trying to annihilate all humans
(c) That it is not a virus but a quickly evolving species
(d) That it has a mind of its own
5. Why is it that Jane feels that she should not stop messages from Path?
(a) Congress might sanction the planet
(b) It is in Janes' best interest to not hinder the messages
(c) Congress might kill Qing-Jao's father
(d) Congress might believe a revolution is occurring and blow up the planet
6. What does she find when she gets up to investigate?
(a) The window is open
(b) A man is looming over Qing-jao
(c) Someone is using the bathroom
(d) The computer has found out who Demosthenes is
7. Other than killing piggies, what does the mob do?
(a) They burn the fathertrees and even a mothertree
(b) They riot and destroy the colony
(c) They ransack the bugger colony
(d) They start fighting amongst themselves
8. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
(a) "Look in the matrix" for the fine piece of jade there
(b) "Look in your heart and find compassion"
(c) "Look at your feet" for the wisdom is there
(d) "Look in your soul and find forgiveness"
9. What is Han-Fei-tsu determined to release?
(a) The reconstructed virus to cure the Godspoken of the OCD
(b) The wrath of God
(c) A plague
(d) The hoards of people come to pay him homage
10. What does Wang-mu think of all of this talk?
(a) She agrees wholeheartedly with Han
(b) She takes the side of Qing-jao and tells Han off
(c) She tells the people herself who is responsible for the finding of the fleet
(d) That Congress has done a very thorough job of enslaving the godspoken
11. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
(a) She sends out guards to act as buffers between the piggies and humans
(b) She tries to reason with the mob of people
(c) She readies her guards for attack
(d) She takes the side of the piggies and sends her swarm after the humans
12. Why does Jane ask Ender and Miro to not waste time on saving her?
(a) She doesn't care for her existence and doesn't want to take up their time
(b) She wants to let Wang-mu and Han-Fei-tsu figure it out
(c) She is unhappy and would rather be decommissioned
(d) She would rather them solve the other pending and pressing issues
13. What may be Olhado's asset to working on the problem of faster-than-light travel?
(a) His lack of regular eyes allow him to see things closer to his heart and home
(b) He is highly intelligent, and another mind that is not being utilized
(c) The fact that he has been out of school for so long, and might glean a fresh perspective
(d) He has gained so much influence from Ender that Valentine thinks he may think like him
14. What does Planter believe the virus did for them?
(a) Made their bark resistant to deadly pests
(b) Made them grow bigger
(c) Made them more bushy
(d) Made them sentient
15. What is likely to happen to little Val?
(a) She is to be remerged with Old Val
(b) She is to be killed, humanely
(c) She is to be sent off to look for colonies for piggies and buggers
(d) She is to remain living with Ender
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine suggest the governing forces of Path do?
2. What does Miro learn of the piggies' plans?
3. What awakes Wang-mu?
4. The revolution on Path was _______________.
5. Why does Novinha refuse to speak to Ender after the meeting?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)