|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
(a) He thinks she is pretty
(b) He has laundry that needs doing
(c) He values her intelligence
(d) He wants to get back at his daughter
2. What happens to Quim?
(a) He goes home and his mother is choked; he's all sticky
(b) His breath is knocked out from the weight of the leaves
(c) He gets knocked unconscious
(d) He survives for seven days and dies from the virus
3. What is likely to happen to little Val?
(a) She is to remain living with Ender
(b) She is to be remerged with Old Val
(c) She is to be killed, humanely
(d) She is to be sent off to look for colonies for piggies and buggers
4. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
(a) It has partnered up with the buggers and is trying to annihilate all humans
(b) That it was created by an advanced species to regulate and terraform the planet
(c) That it has a mind of its own
(d) That it is not a virus but a quickly evolving species
5. Why is it that Jane feels that she should not stop messages from Path?
(a) Congress might sanction the planet
(b) Congress might believe a revolution is occurring and blow up the planet
(c) It is in Janes' best interest to not hinder the messages
(d) Congress might kill Qing-Jao's father
6. How do the other piggies regard Warmaker's actions?
(a) They applaud him and say Quim had it coming
(b) They cry aloud and call for Ender
(c) They distance themselves from his forest
(d) They could care less
7. Why does Ender not immediately embrace Novinha's newfound religion?
(a) He doesn't believe in their principles
(b) He doesn't want to take the vow of abstinence
(c) He is satisfied in his present religion
(d) He is mad at her for treating him how she did
8. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
(b) The pequeninos that let Quim die
(c) The pequeninos that disdained Warmaker for his actions
9. What problem now vexes Ender?
(a) What to do with his recreated children
(b) How to get the people of Path to accept the engineered virus
(c) How to re-educate Miro
(d) How to get the inhabitants of Lusitania off the planet in one trip
10. What do the Godspoken do when they hear Han-Fei-tsu restored the fleet?
(a) They kidnap Qing-jao
(b) They pay homage to his home
(c) They ransack his house
(d) They shower him with gifts of gold and jewelery
11. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
(b) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
(c) They incite more violence against the piggies
(d) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
12. What is the emergency regarding?
(a) Ender's wife has become gravely ill
(b) War has broken out on Path
(c) The piggies' intention to bring the descolada into space
(d) Jane is being discovered
13. What does Miro learn of the piggies' plans?
(a) They are deeply saddened by the humans' loss
(b) They are going to burn down Warmaker's forest
(c) They are leaving the planet sooner than anticipated
(d) They are building up forces to retaliate against the humans
14. Who do they appoint as the God of Path?
15. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ela figure out from Qing-jao's comments?
2. How does Qing-jao believe Demosthenes is circulating 'his' articles?
3. Ender recreates Peter. What are Peter's ambitions now?
4. Who tries to reason with Qing-jao about the gods?
5. What does the virus prevent?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)