|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
(a) The elimination of the virus
(b) An evolutionary gene splicing
(c) A pruning
(d) A new insecticide
2. What does Valentine suggest the governing forces of Path do?
(a) Immediately execute and destroy all the piggies
(b) Put Warmaker behind bars
(c) Impose martial law
(d) Require Warmaker to stand trial
3. The revolution on Path was _______________.
(b) Overall peaceful, a few violent incidents but nothing tragic
(c) Overall violent with intermittent peace
4. Why does Jane believe that Han and Wang-mu can solve the idea of traveling faster than light?
(a) They can think outside the box
(b) They are responsible for the ansibles so should be able to figure this out
(c) They are trained physicists
(d) Because they also have Jane on their side
5. What is likely to happen to little Val?
(a) She is to remain living with Ender
(b) She is to be remerged with Old Val
(c) She is to be sent off to look for colonies for piggies and buggers
(d) She is to be killed, humanely
6. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
(b) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
(c) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
(d) They incite more violence against the piggies
7. What does Ender come to find out about Jane?
(a) That he would be lost without her, more than he is without his wife
(b) That Jane is the closest thing to a best friend he's ever had
(c) That her philote ends in him
(d) That she is extremely sexy
8. Who announces how the testing will go for faster-than-light speed travel?
9. What does Ender tell Novinha to comfort her?
(a) That he is sorry and promises to cuddle later
(b) That the risk to Quim is very low
(c) That she will be ok
(d) That he will be back very soon
10. Qing-jao believes the silence of the gods is a _________________.
(a) Sign of the gods displeasure
(b) Sign of her favor
11. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
(b) The pequeninos that let Quim die
(c) The pequeninos that disdained Warmaker for his actions
12. What does Planter believe the virus did for them?
(a) Made them sentient
(b) Made their bark resistant to deadly pests
(c) Made them grow bigger
(d) Made them more bushy
13. What does Wang-mu think of all of this talk?
(a) She agrees wholeheartedly with Han
(b) That Congress has done a very thorough job of enslaving the godspoken
(c) She tells the people herself who is responsible for the finding of the fleet
(d) She takes the side of Qing-jao and tells Han off
14. What is the emergency regarding?
(a) Jane is being discovered
(b) Ender's wife has become gravely ill
(c) War has broken out on Path
(d) The piggies' intention to bring the descolada into space
15. How does her father feel when she tells him?
(a) He tells her she has dishonored the family and brought great shame to him
(b) He is pleased with her stubbornness to do the right thing
(c) He beats Wang-mu again instead of her
(d) He's extremely mad at her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they appoint as the God of Path?
2. Ender recreates Peter. What are Peter's ambitions now?
3. Where do Ela and Quara go to after they leave Novinha?
4. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
5. What happens to Quim?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)