|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
(a) A pruning
(b) The elimination of the virus
(c) An evolutionary gene splicing
(d) A new insecticide
2. What does Miro learn of the piggies' plans?
(a) They are leaving the planet sooner than anticipated
(b) They are going to burn down Warmaker's forest
(c) They are building up forces to retaliate against the humans
(d) They are deeply saddened by the humans' loss
3. What does Novinha then accuse Ender of?
(b) He is a professional meddler and steals her children away from her
(c) Being a liar and a professional thief
(d) Being an insensitive jerk
4. What does the virus prevent?
(a) The development of mould
(b) The ability of the skin to retain moisture
(c) The emulsifying agents in soap
(d) Genetic mutation and, therefore, evolution
5. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
6. What does Ender tell Novinha to comfort her?
(a) That the risk to Quim is very low
(b) That he is sorry and promises to cuddle later
(c) That he will be back very soon
(d) That she will be ok
7. What does Grego do?
(a) He kills Warmaker
(b) He goes home to his mother and tries to comfort her
(c) Starts a riot and a mob after piggy blood
(d) He becomes depressed and considers suicide
8. What happens to Quim?
(a) He survives for seven days and dies from the virus
(b) He gets knocked unconscious
(c) His breath is knocked out from the weight of the leaves
(d) He goes home and his mother is choked; he's all sticky
9. What do most of Novinha's children and Ender do in response to the violence?
(a) They return home to be with Novinha, having had enough 'diplomacy' for one day
(b) They incite more violence against the piggies
(c) They arrest and detain Grego and his mob
(d) They select and set up another Mothertree for the little orphaned piggies
10. How does Qing-jao believe Demosthenes is circulating 'his' articles?
(a) Through a paid intern
(b) A paid interstellar courier
(c) A secret program on the ansible computers
(d) Word of mouth
11. Ender recreates Peter. What are Peter's ambitions now?
(a) To take over Starways Congress
(b) To kill Ender
(c) To kill the buggers
(d) To seduce Novinha
12. Why is it that Jane feels that she should not stop messages from Path?
(a) It is in Janes' best interest to not hinder the messages
(b) Congress might sanction the planet
(c) Congress might kill Qing-Jao's father
(d) Congress might believe a revolution is occurring and blow up the planet
13. How does Jane reveal herself on Han's computer?
(a) She appears in full woman form
(b) She appears as his namesake
(c) She comes as a hologram
(d) She announces herself
14. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
(b) The pequeninos that let Quim die
(c) The pequeninos that disdained Warmaker for his actions
15. What does Qing-jao spend all her time doing?
(a) Talking to her dead mother
(b) Purifying herself to atone for her father's sins
(c) Searching other worlds for the gods
(d) Preaching the gospel
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem now vexes Ender?
2. Why does Novinha refuse to speak to Ender after the meeting?
3. Why does Ender feel guilty?
4. What is Han-Fei-tsu determined to release?
5. Who do they appoint as the God of Path?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)