|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Novinha to throw out Miro?
(a) Miro calling her a bad mother
(b) Miro talking to Jane about Quim's death
(c) Miro making a smart remark at Quim's passing
(d) Miro saying that she doesn't know her own son
2. What awakes Wang-mu?
(a) The sound of water running in the nearby bathroom
(b) A chill of the night air
(c) A terrible cry
(d) The sound of someone entering Qing-jao's room
3. Why is Novinha mad at Ender?
(a) She blames him for Quim's death
(b) She heard he helped set up the mothertree
(c) He wants to help the piggies
(d) He was talking to Jane
4. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
(a) An evolutionary gene splicing
(b) A new insecticide
(c) The elimination of the virus
(d) A pruning
5. What do they ask for when they get there?
(a) That the xenobiologists find a way to kill all the piggies
(b) That their mother can find the peace Quim had found
(c) That piggies, buggers and humans can work things out peacefully
(d) That Warmaker be burned as well as his forest
6. To who does Quim compare Warmaker?
7. Who does Wang-mu approach needing help with the descolada?
8. What may be Olhado's asset to working on the problem of faster-than-light travel?
(a) His lack of regular eyes allow him to see things closer to his heart and home
(b) He has gained so much influence from Ender that Valentine thinks he may think like him
(c) He is highly intelligent, and another mind that is not being utilized
(d) The fact that he has been out of school for so long, and might glean a fresh perspective
9. What problem now vexes Ender?
(a) How to get the inhabitants of Lusitania off the planet in one trip
(b) How to get the people of Path to accept the engineered virus
(c) What to do with his recreated children
(d) How to re-educate Miro
10. To the priest, what are Ender's children?
11. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
(a) The pequeninos that disdained Warmaker for his actions
(b) The pequeninos that let Quim die
12. Qing-jao dismisses Wang-mu, but Han-Fei-tsu keeps her on as his servant. Why?
(a) He thinks she is pretty
(b) He values her intelligence
(c) He has laundry that needs doing
(d) He wants to get back at his daughter
13. What does Grego do?
(a) Starts a riot and a mob after piggy blood
(b) He goes home to his mother and tries to comfort her
(c) He kills Warmaker
(d) He becomes depressed and considers suicide
14. What does Ender come to find out about Jane?
(a) That her philote ends in him
(b) That Jane is the closest thing to a best friend he's ever had
(c) That she is extremely sexy
(d) That he would be lost without her, more than he is without his wife
15. What does Quara call the new virus to help piggies reach their third stage but not hurt people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place the virus is released?
2. What does Planter believe the virus did for them?
3. In the testing phase, _______________ is reborn better than before.
4. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
5. How does Jane reveal herself on Han's computer?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)