|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces how the testing will go for faster-than-light speed travel?
2. Why does Jane believe that Han and Wang-mu can solve the idea of traveling faster than light?
(a) They are trained physicists
(b) They can think outside the box
(c) They are responsible for the ansibles so should be able to figure this out
(d) Because they also have Jane on their side
3. What is Quara's consequence for trying to aid the descolada?
(a) She is scheduled for execution for treason against humanity
(b) She is sentenced to do eternal penance
(c) She has been locked out of her files and lab
(d) She is told she must go to Path and be godspoken
4. What story does Jane tell Han?
(a) The Story of the Three Kings
(b) The Story of the Master, Ho
(c) The Story of Master Ho
(d) The Story of the Jade
5. To who does Ender compare Qing-Jao?
(a) The pequeninos that disdained Warmaker for his actions
(b) The pequeninos that let Quim die
6. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
(a) She takes the side of the piggies and sends her swarm after the humans
(b) She tries to reason with the mob of people
(c) She sends out guards to act as buffers between the piggies and humans
(d) She readies her guards for attack
7. How does her father feel when she tells him?
(a) He is pleased with her stubbornness to do the right thing
(b) He beats Wang-mu again instead of her
(c) He's extremely mad at her
(d) He tells her she has dishonored the family and brought great shame to him
8. What does Valentine suggest the governing forces of Path do?
(a) Put Warmaker behind bars
(b) Immediately execute and destroy all the piggies
(c) Impose martial law
(d) Require Warmaker to stand trial
9. To who does Warmaker compare Quim?
10. What happens to Quim?
(a) His breath is knocked out from the weight of the leaves
(b) He goes home and his mother is choked; he's all sticky
(c) He survives for seven days and dies from the virus
(d) He gets knocked unconscious
11. What do the Godspoken do when they hear Han-Fei-tsu restored the fleet?
(a) They shower him with gifts of gold and jewelery
(b) They ransack his house
(c) They kidnap Qing-jao
(d) They pay homage to his home
12. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
(a) "Look in your soul and find forgiveness"
(b) "Look in your heart and find compassion"
(c) "Look in the matrix" for the fine piece of jade there
(d) "Look at your feet" for the wisdom is there
13. What does Warmaker do to Quim?
(a) Seizes him and denies him his immunizing food
(b) Beats him over the head with his branches
(c) Drips sap all over him
(d) Covers him in a pile of leaves
14. What causes Novinha to throw out Miro?
(a) Miro calling her a bad mother
(b) Miro making a smart remark at Quim's passing
(c) Miro saying that she doesn't know her own son
(d) Miro talking to Jane about Quim's death
15. Qing-jao believes the silence of the gods is a _________________.
(a) Sign of her favor
(c) Sign of the gods displeasure
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Novinha forbid anyone to do?
2. Where is the emergency meeting held?
3. What is the most likely explanation for the descolada?
4. Where is the first place the virus is released?
5. Gloriously Bright begs her father not to do what?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)