|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qing-Jao tell Congress?
(a) That there is a virus in their computer programs
(b) That Path is being attacked
(c) To shut down all ansible programs for forty weeks
(d) That Han is organizing a revolution
2. What do the Godspoken do when they hear Han-Fei-tsu restored the fleet?
(a) They shower him with gifts of gold and jewelery
(b) They pay homage to his home
(c) They ransack his house
(d) They kidnap Qing-jao
3. What does Valentine suggest the governing forces of Path do?
(a) Require Warmaker to stand trial
(b) Immediately execute and destroy all the piggies
(c) Impose martial law
(d) Put Warmaker behind bars
4. What does the Hive Queen do in response to the violence?
(a) She readies her guards for attack
(b) She tries to reason with the mob of people
(c) She takes the side of the piggies and sends her swarm after the humans
(d) She sends out guards to act as buffers between the piggies and humans
5. Why does Ender not immediately embrace Novinha's newfound religion?
(a) He doesn't believe in their principles
(b) He is satisfied in his present religion
(c) He doesn't want to take the vow of abstinence
(d) He is mad at her for treating him how she did
6. Why does Jane believe that Han and Wang-mu can solve the idea of traveling faster than light?
(a) They are responsible for the ansibles so should be able to figure this out
(b) Because they also have Jane on their side
(c) They are trained physicists
(d) They can think outside the box
7. What are two things that Han does in this chapter that he would never do normally?
(a) He admits he is a lesser man for believing the blasphemy
(b) He does his purification ritual in front of other people and strikes Qing-Jao
(c) He does his purification ritual in front of other people and strikes Wang-mu
(d) He locks Qing-jao in her room and denies her food
8. What problem now vexes Ender?
(a) How to re-educate Miro
(b) How to get the people of Path to accept the engineered virus
(c) How to get the inhabitants of Lusitania off the planet in one trip
(d) What to do with his recreated children
9. What does Miro learn of the piggies' plans?
(a) They are going to burn down Warmaker's forest
(b) They are deeply saddened by the humans' loss
(c) They are leaving the planet sooner than anticipated
(d) They are building up forces to retaliate against the humans
10. For what does Planter become a guinea pig?
(a) A pruning
(b) The elimination of the virus
(c) A new insecticide
(d) An evolutionary gene splicing
11. What awakes Wang-mu?
(a) The sound of someone entering Qing-jao's room
(b) A terrible cry
(c) A chill of the night air
(d) The sound of water running in the nearby bathroom
12. What may be Olhado's asset to working on the problem of faster-than-light travel?
(a) He has gained so much influence from Ender that Valentine thinks he may think like him
(b) His lack of regular eyes allow him to see things closer to his heart and home
(c) He is highly intelligent, and another mind that is not being utilized
(d) The fact that he has been out of school for so long, and might glean a fresh perspective
13. Why is it that Jane feels that she should not stop messages from Path?
(a) Congress might believe a revolution is occurring and blow up the planet
(b) It is in Janes' best interest to not hinder the messages
(c) Congress might sanction the planet
(d) Congress might kill Qing-Jao's father
14. How does Jane reveal herself on Han's computer?
(a) She appears in full woman form
(b) She announces herself
(c) She appears as his namesake
(d) She comes as a hologram
15. Where do Ela and Quara go to after they leave Novinha?
(a) To the church where they feel closer to Quim
(b) To their brother's funeral
(c) To their grandparents' shrine
(d) To the local bar
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Han-Fei-tsu threaten Qing-jao?
2. What does Quara call the new virus to help piggies reach their third stage but not hurt people?
3. What is likely to happen to little Val?
4. What does the bishop do to Miro?
5. What does Jane plead with Han to do?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)