|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
(a) That all of his daughters have dates on a friday night and they only have one car
(b) That the descolada might be sentient
(c) That the kids want to return to Earth
(d) That Ender doesn't want to return home
2. What is the greatest honor for Qing-jao's father?
(a) That his daughter is so strongly possessed by the gods
(b) That his daughter attempted suicide when she felt too unclean for the gods
(c) That his daughter didn't die
(d) That she has her mothers determination
3. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She was created on earth
(b) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
(c) She is a program
(d) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
4. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
(a) Miro and how he is doing
(b) How to throw Qing-Jao off her trail
(c) Ender and how to get him away from his wife
(d) How to expand her memory usage while keeping her thought process clear
5. What have the godspoken been given?
6. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Erga, his aunt
(b) Ender, his stepfather
(c) Demitri, his Uncle
(d) Ouanda, his sister
7. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
8. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
(a) He has no way to communicate with her, and therefore cannot understand what she wants
(b) Valentine makes the suggestion that the queen might be hungry and looking for a morsel or two
(c) It is a dark and disturbing place
(d) She won't tell him exactly what she's doing, but it looks like two ships are being built
9. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
10. What does Jane ask Valentine?
(a) If she can give her advice in relationships
(b) If she has a spare corset
(c) If she has any feminine products with her
(d) If the saving of Lusitania is a cause worth dying for
11. What does Qing-jao's father tell her in response to her conclusion about the fleet?
(a) That her task doesn't ask who but when
(b) That her task is to find the means by which the gods acted
(c) That she is right, and they should look no further lest they anger the gods
(d) That she is wrong and must do double the penances for her assumptions
12. What does this peasant envy of Gloriously Bright?
(a) Her close knit relationship with her father
(b) Her lustrous black tresses
(c) Her education and privilege of godspoken
(d) Her money and beauty
13. Why does Miro fight with his brother, Quim?
(a) Because he insulted their sister, Ouanda
(b) Miro mocked his belief in a god he could not see or touch
(c) He disdained going to church
(d) Because he insulted the Lord
14. What does her husband fear most since she has died?
(a) How to operate the VCR as she was the only one with the codes
(b) That he will never again remarry, so his bed will always be empty
(c) That he will not have a female role model for his daughter
(d) That he cannot fulfill his promise to teach his daughter to love the gods
15. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Sad and depressed
(b) Happy and free
(c) Entirely lost
(d) Melancholy but angry
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
2. What does Miro reassure Jane with when she is troubled?
3. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
4. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
5. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)