|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
(a) Sacrificing his life for them to survive
(b) Making them into a stew
(c) Freezing them
(d) Shipping them off the planet with their own strain of virus
2. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
(a) The Royal Mother of the West
(b) Royal Mother of the East
(c) Born Again Mother
(d) Royal Mother of the South
3. Who approaches Qing-jao?
4. What does Jane ask Valentine?
(a) If she can give her advice in relationships
(b) If the saving of Lusitania is a cause worth dying for
(c) If she has a spare corset
(d) If she has any feminine products with her
5. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
(a) That he is conversing with other women
(b) His choice in socks and the fact he wears them to bed
(c) That he is speaking about another woman
(d) That he is in bed talking to another 'woman'
6. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Happy and free
(b) Sad and depressed
(c) Melancholy but angry
(d) Entirely lost
7. How does she think Wang-mu came to her?
(a) She snuck by them
(b) A foreman may have taken advantage of her
(c) She killed someone
(d) A monetary bribe
8. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(b) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
(d) Her sexual development
9. Why can't they exterminate the virus?
(a) The virus is a friend to them
(b) The virus heals people
(c) It would destroy the piggies, or native creatures
(d) The virus helps them
10. How did her father react when she had climbed on the statue with the intention of jumping off?
(a) He cried out in anguish
(b) He ignored her completely
(c) He had to be restrained
(d) He rushed into the room
11. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
(a) To remove her robes
(b) To treat her as equal when they are in private
(c) To pledge a blood oath
(d) To draw her a bath
12. What does Miro find most difficult about interacting with people?
(a) People disdain him in front of him
(b) People always chide him on his irresponsibility for his accident
(c) That they treat him as though his mind were paralyzed too
(d) That they look at him in disgust
13. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She was created on earth
(b) She is a program
(c) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
(d) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
14. What shames Miro when he looks upon his brother, Olhado?
(a) That he can barely see past his brother's mechanical eyes yet expects them to see past his disability
(b) That he made a smart remark about his choice in women, and yet he stands with a beautiful wife
(c) That Miro hadn't even bothered to check up with him since he left and wasn't there for the birth of any of his kids
(d) That his brother has six children and a wife, and Miro has yet to even find a woman to date
15. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(b) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(c) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
(d) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
2. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
3. Why does Miro fight with his brother, Quim?
4. What does Qing-jao feel the need to do after listening to Wang-mu?
5. What is Qing-jao unable to believe at first?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)