|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
(a) Cooking dinner
(b) Talking to Miro
(c) Helping Miro give another lecture
(d) Watching Qing-jao
2. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
3. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
(a) She is young and pretty and able to woo people where others have not
(b) She is too young to think herself wise, and still has original thoughts
(c) She is a good woman and would make a good wife
(d) She is very stubborn
4. Why can't they exterminate the virus?
(a) The virus helps them
(b) It would destroy the piggies, or native creatures
(c) The virus heals people
(d) The virus is a friend to them
5. What is the name of the virus that threatens the colonists of Lusitania?
(a) Influenza muertada
(b) The virulent descolada virus
(c) Triple Replication Amoebiotic Disease
6. Who is an enemy of the gods?
7. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
8. What are they trying to research?
(a) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(b) A cure for cancer
(c) A new strain of potato
(d) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
9. What does Qing-jao's father tell her in response to her conclusion about the fleet?
(a) That her task doesn't ask who but when
(b) That she is wrong and must do double the penances for her assumptions
(c) That her task is to find the means by which the gods acted
(d) That she is right, and they should look no further lest they anger the gods
10. What was Miro before this near fatality?
(a) A twenty-year-old scholar
(b) A mutinous soldier
(c) An insubordinate captain
(d) A twenty-two-year old freshman
11. If the Upper Caste don't live up to expectations, what happens to them?
(a) They are punished with penances
(b) They are burned alive
(c) They are tortured
(d) They are relieved of their status
12. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(b) Her sexual development
(c) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
13. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
(a) A nomination for Fathertree of the Year
(b) A starship to get off the planet for the piggies
(c) A new jacuzzi
(d) A new strain of virus
14. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
(a) That she is in need of good moisturizer
(b) It is a good sign because the gods have begun speaking to her
(c) As a bad omen
(d) That she is constantly dirty
15. How does she satisfy the gods when she cannot wash her hands?
(a) She follows a wood grain line to the wall
(b) She begs for forgiveness and prostrates herself before their mercy
(c) She has a personal conversation and vows abstinence
(d) She undresses and the gods are attracted to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Jane?
2. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
3. What is the greatest honor for Qing-jao's father?
4. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
5. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)