|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
(a) Fukasi, Ugarda, Rictors, and Vascidas
(b) Signisi, Teyropans, Rascidan, and Deyercosa
(c) Utlannings, Framlings, Ramen, and Varelse
(d) Ufanta, Frisabigi, Rasgoes, and Gimanchi
2. What are they trying to research?
(a) A cure for cancer
(b) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(c) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(d) A new strain of potato
3. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(b) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
(c) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(d) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
4. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
(a) Checking for Accidental Murders
(b) Gnawing at Stone
(c) Pulling out of Hair
(d) Tracing of Woodgrains
5. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
(a) It is a dark and disturbing place
(b) He has no way to communicate with her, and therefore cannot understand what she wants
(c) Valentine makes the suggestion that the queen might be hungry and looking for a morsel or two
(d) She won't tell him exactly what she's doing, but it looks like two ships are being built
6. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
(a) He ends up in a psychiatric ward out in space
(b) He puts his finger in a light socket and dies
(c) He gets elected Hegemon, absolute ruler of Earth
(d) He becomes psychotic with power
7. What else is different about the godspoken?
(a) They are less intelligent to be kept in the dark by the Path
(b) They have above average intelligence in order to serve Congress better
(c) They have distended, and considered beautiful foreheads
(d) That they are responsible for the destruction of Lusitania
8. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
(a) Royal Mother of the South
(b) The Royal Mother of the West
(c) Born Again Mother
(d) Royal Mother of the East
9. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
(a) The actions of a man stricken with grief
(b) An act of service to the gods
(c) The result of intentional inbreeding
(d) Symptoms of his own obsessive compulsive disorder
10. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
(a) "Royals of the Path"
(b) "The Godspoken"
11. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
(b) Miro's ship
12. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
(a) Freezing them
(b) Sacrificing his life for them to survive
(c) Shipping them off the planet with their own strain of virus
(d) Making them into a stew
13. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
(a) A new strain of virus
(b) A nomination for Fathertree of the Year
(c) A starship to get off the planet for the piggies
(d) A new jacuzzi
14. Who writes as Locke?
15. What does Miro find most difficult about interacting with people?
(a) That they treat him as though his mind were paralyzed too
(b) People always chide him on his irresponsibility for his accident
(c) That they look at him in disgust
(d) People disdain him in front of him
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Valentine uncomfortable about the whole experience at the Hive Queen's cave?
2. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
3. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
4. What is the customary way to dispose of bodies?
5. What has scarred Miro?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)