|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
(a) A starship to get off the planet for the piggies
(b) A new strain of virus
(c) A nomination for Fathertree of the Year
(d) A new jacuzzi
2. On what does Miro give a lecture?
(a) A class on interstellar mechanics
(b) How to keep a marriage strong
(c) Philotic technology
3. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She was created on earth
(b) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
(c) She is a program
(d) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
4. What could they do to eradicate the virus?
(a) Spray the planet
(b) Evolve into beings that can coexist
(d) Come up with a new strain of potatoes
5. Who is about to discover Demosthenes identity?
6. Who or what is Jane?
(a) Jane is Miro's wife
(b) Jane is an avatar of the ships mainframe, personified to keep him company
(c) A being that evolved from communication technology of humans and buggers
(d) Jane is Miro's daughter
7. Who is an enemy of the gods?
8. What satisfies Valentine most about writing?
(a) That she is an amazing poet
(b) That she is able to put Peter behind her and make him everything she wants
(c) That she is able to draw people in and make them see through her eyes
(d) That she can write for many hours without fatigue
9. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier
(b) He is a welder
(c) He is a servant
(d) He is an ordained priest
10. What was Miro before this near fatality?
(a) An insubordinate captain
(b) A twenty-two-year old freshman
(c) A twenty-year-old scholar
(d) A mutinous soldier
11. What talent has Qing-jao been working on that she modeled after her father?
(a) The ability to defer the god's penance until she is alone
(b) The ability to play the violin
(c) The art of making people listen to what she has to say
(d) His skill at war
12. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
(a) Self mutilation
(b) A complete lack of self esteem
(c) Obsessive compulsive disorder
(d) An influence by a higher power
13. What is the person ailing from?
(a) A fatal cough
(b) A disease that eats at the bones
(d) Too many cheeseburgers
14. Who approaches Qing-jao?
15. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
3. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
4. What does Qing-jao feel the need to do after listening to Wang-mu?
5. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)