|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
(a) her last will and testament
(b) their duty to their daughter and how he will break the news to her
(c) their plans for their daughters education
(d) that if he were Hindu or Japanese he would commit suicide and join her in death
2. Who confirms Quara's data to be correct?
3. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
(a) Ufanta, Frisabigi, Rasgoes, and Gimanchi
(b) Utlannings, Framlings, Ramen, and Varelse
(c) Signisi, Teyropans, Rascidan, and Deyercosa
(d) Fukasi, Ugarda, Rictors, and Vascidas
4. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(a) Her father
(b) The gods
5. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
(a) That she is destined to meet a handsome hunk
(b) That she will succeed and find Jane out
(c) That she will never succeed and Jane is still safe
(d) That Ender will protect Jane if the need should arrive
6. What does her husband fear most since she has died?
(a) How to operate the VCR as she was the only one with the codes
(b) That he will not have a female role model for his daughter
(c) That he cannot fulfill his promise to teach his daughter to love the gods
(d) That he will never again remarry, so his bed will always be empty
7. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
(a) To pledge a blood oath
(b) To treat her as equal when they are in private
(c) To remove her robes
(d) To draw her a bath
8. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
9. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(b) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(c) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(d) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
10. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
(a) Daria Hitchens
(b) Nadia Federova
(d) Sarah Sutton
11. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Ouanda, his sister
(b) Demitri, his Uncle
(c) Erga, his aunt
(d) Ender, his stepfather
12. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
(a) He is a servant
(b) He is a welder
(c) He is an ordained priest
(d) He is a soldier
13. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He tolerates her
(b) He hates her
(c) He respects her
(d) He loves her
14. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
(a) Social Studies
(b) Home Economics
15. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She was created on earth
(b) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
(c) She is a program
(d) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
Short Answer Questions
1. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
2. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
3. Why is Descolada an issue?
4. What shocks Qing-jao about Wang-mu?
5. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)