|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did her father react when she had climbed on the statue with the intention of jumping off?
(a) He had to be restrained
(b) He ignored her completely
(c) He rushed into the room
(d) He cried out in anguish
2. Why can't they exterminate the virus?
(a) The virus heals people
(b) It would destroy the piggies, or native creatures
(c) The virus helps them
(d) The virus is a friend to them
3. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(b) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
(c) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(d) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
4. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
5. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Ouanda, his sister
(b) Ender, his stepfather
(c) Erga, his aunt
(d) Demitri, his Uncle
6. How does she satisfy the gods when she cannot wash her hands?
(a) She undresses and the gods are attracted to her
(b) She begs for forgiveness and prostrates herself before their mercy
(c) She has a personal conversation and vows abstinence
(d) She follows a wood grain line to the wall
7. How far back do these genetic modifications date?
(a) Seventy five years
(b) Three thousand years
(c) Thirty two hundred years
(d) Eight hundred years
8. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
(a) that if he were Hindu or Japanese he would commit suicide and join her in death
(b) their duty to their daughter and how he will break the news to her
(c) her last will and testament
(d) their plans for their daughters education
9. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
10. What are two problems the human colonists on Lusitania are facing?
(a) Extreme planetary stench and irritable bowel syndrome
(b) Planet destruction and viral infection
(c) Large interstellar cockroach infestation and continental shifts
(d) Earthquakes and criminal activity
11. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(b) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(c) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(d) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
12. What else is different about the godspoken?
(a) They have distended, and considered beautiful foreheads
(b) They are less intelligent to be kept in the dark by the Path
(c) They have above average intelligence in order to serve Congress better
(d) That they are responsible for the destruction of Lusitania
13. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Sad and depressed
(b) Happy and free
(c) Entirely lost
(d) Melancholy but angry
14. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He tolerates her
(b) He loves her
(c) He hates her
(d) He respects her
15. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
(a) Home Economics
(b) Social Studies
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
2. Who is Plikt to Valentine and Jakt?
3. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
4. What confuses the secret maid?
5. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)