|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
(a) That she is constantly dirty
(b) It is a good sign because the gods have begun speaking to her
(c) That she is in need of good moisturizer
(d) As a bad omen
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(c) Her father
(d) The gods
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
(a) Asks her to preform a woman's task
(b) Interviews her
(c) Gives her a written test
(d) Asks her to be his servant for a week
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(b) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
(c) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
(d) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
(a) Gnawing at Stone
(b) Pulling out of Hair
(c) Checking for Accidental Murders
(d) Tracing of Woodgrains
6. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
(a) The mandate of heaven
(b) A debate every ten years
(c) Full support from all the colonies
(d) The blessing of the gods
7. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
8. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(b) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
(c) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
(d) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
9. If the Upper Caste don't live up to expectations, what happens to them?
(a) They are tortured
(b) They are relieved of their status
(c) They are punished with penances
(d) They are burned alive
10. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
(a) A nomination for Fathertree of the Year
(b) A new jacuzzi
(c) A starship to get off the planet for the piggies
(d) A new strain of virus
11. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
(b) They hate it and want to destroy it
(c) They don't care at all
(d) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
12. What has scarred Miro?
(a) Torture sustained in Vietnam
(b) Severe electrocution
(c) A lack of matriarchal love
(d) His highschool sweetheart left him for a woman
13. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
(a) To send her a virus
(b) Try and convince her to stop
(c) To excommunicate her
(d) To kill her
14. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
(b) Miro's ship
15. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this girl want of Gloriously Bright?
2. Who gets spoken to by the gods?
3. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
4. Who is an enemy of the gods?
5. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)