|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Path view her behavior?
(a) That she is in need of good moisturizer
(b) As a bad omen
(c) That she is constantly dirty
(d) It is a good sign because the gods have begun speaking to her
2. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(b) The gods
(c) Her father
3. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
(a) Interviews her
(b) Asks her to preform a woman's task
(c) Gives her a written test
(d) Asks her to be his servant for a week
4. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
(b) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(c) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(d) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
5. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
(a) Checking for Accidental Murders
(b) Tracing of Woodgrains
(c) Pulling out of Hair
(d) Gnawing at Stone
6. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
(a) A debate every ten years
(b) The blessing of the gods
(c) Full support from all the colonies
(d) The mandate of heaven
7. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
8. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
(b) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(c) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(d) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
9. If the Upper Caste don't live up to expectations, what happens to them?
(a) They are relieved of their status
(b) They are burned alive
(c) They are tortured
(d) They are punished with penances
10. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
(a) A new strain of virus
(b) A starship to get off the planet for the piggies
(c) A nomination for Fathertree of the Year
(d) A new jacuzzi
11. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They hate it and want to destroy it
(b) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
(c) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
(d) They don't care at all
12. What has scarred Miro?
(a) A lack of matriarchal love
(b) His highschool sweetheart left him for a woman
(c) Torture sustained in Vietnam
(d) Severe electrocution
13. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
(a) To kill her
(b) To excommunicate her
(c) Try and convince her to stop
(d) To send her a virus
14. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
(d) Miro's ship
15. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this girl want of Gloriously Bright?
2. Who gets spoken to by the gods?
3. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
4. Who is an enemy of the gods?
5. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)