|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Miro reunited with his family?
2. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He tolerates her
(b) He hates her
(c) He respects her
(d) He loves her
3. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
(a) She is too young to think herself wise, and still has original thoughts
(b) She is very stubborn
(c) She is a good woman and would make a good wife
(d) She is young and pretty and able to woo people where others have not
4. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
(a) She told her father that she didn't believe in the gods
(b) She refused to do penances for her last defiance
(c) She told Wang-mu that the gods don't exist and that she feels silly when doing her penances
(d) She came close to defying them when she suggested Starways Congress had lost their mandate
5. Who is an enemy of the gods?
6. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
(a) Royal Mother of the South
(b) The Royal Mother of the West
(c) Royal Mother of the East
(d) Born Again Mother
7. What does Qing-jao explain to this new girl?
(a) That true love is seldom found and that she should marry
(b) That her place is and will always be below her
(c) That she would gladly give up her status for less responsibility
(d) The laws of gravity
8. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
9. Valentine finds Miro in his room doing what?
(b) Reading a comic book
(d) Eating a cheese sandwich
10. What could they do to eradicate the virus?
(a) Spray the planet
(b) Come up with a new strain of potatoes
(c) Evolve into beings that can coexist
11. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
(a) Their distance
(b) Their closeness
(c) Their familial bonds
(d) Their teasing
12. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
(a) Obsessive compulsive disorder
(b) An influence by a higher power
(c) Self mutilation
(d) A complete lack of self esteem
13. What is Qing-jao unable to believe at first?
(a) That the Starway Congress would send a Mass Destruction device to Lusitania
(b) That her father didn't love her mother, and killed her close to the end
(c) That Ender lives in California
(d) That she is unintelligent and unworthy of the gods' notice
14. Why is life harder on the Godspoken than anyone else?
(a) The Godspoken aren't allowed to drift from the Path for a moment
(b) The Godspoken are required to be the gods in training
(c) The Godspoken aren't allowed to show emotion
(d) The Godspoken aren't allowed to watch HBO
15. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(c) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
(d) Her sexual development
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Jane?
2. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
3. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
4. What does this peasant envy of Gloriously Bright?
5. How would Miro feel without Jane?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)