|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
(a) Twenty two hundred years
(b) Three hundred, fifty two years
(c) Three thousand years
(d) Sixty years
2. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Entirely lost
(b) Sad and depressed
(c) Happy and free
(d) Melancholy but angry
3. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
(a) That she is destined to meet a handsome hunk
(b) That she will succeed and find Jane out
(c) That Ender will protect Jane if the need should arrive
(d) That she will never succeed and Jane is still safe
4. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
(b) She is a program
(c) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
(d) She was created on earth
5. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
6. What is Qing-jao unable to believe at first?
(a) That Ender lives in California
(b) That her father didn't love her mother, and killed her close to the end
(c) That she is unintelligent and unworthy of the gods' notice
(d) That the Starway Congress would send a Mass Destruction device to Lusitania
7. Who confirms Quara's data to be correct?
8. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
(a) They make paper offerings to her
(b) They neither eat nor speak
(c) They cry for days
(d) They draw blood from their legs
9. What talent has Qing-jao been working on that she modeled after her father?
(a) The art of making people listen to what she has to say
(b) His skill at war
(c) The ability to play the violin
(d) The ability to defer the god's penance until she is alone
10. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
(a) He puts his finger in a light socket and dies
(b) He becomes psychotic with power
(c) He ends up in a psychiatric ward out in space
(d) He gets elected Hegemon, absolute ruler of Earth
11. What does Qing-jao's father tell her in response to her conclusion about the fleet?
(a) That her task doesn't ask who but when
(b) That she is right, and they should look no further lest they anger the gods
(c) That she is wrong and must do double the penances for her assumptions
(d) That her task is to find the means by which the gods acted
12. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
(a) Asks her to be his servant for a week
(b) Interviews her
(c) Gives her a written test
(d) Asks her to preform a woman's task
13. What could they do to eradicate the virus?
(a) Come up with a new strain of potatoes
(b) Evolve into beings that can coexist
(d) Spray the planet
14. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They don't care at all
(b) They hate it and want to destroy it
(c) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
(d) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
15. What else is different about the godspoken?
(a) They have above average intelligence in order to serve Congress better
(b) They are less intelligent to be kept in the dark by the Path
(c) They have distended, and considered beautiful foreheads
(d) That they are responsible for the destruction of Lusitania
Short Answer Questions
1. What does laying an egg do to the Hive Queen?
2. Who approaches Qing-jao?
3. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
4. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
5. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)