|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
(a) her last will and testament
(b) their duty to their daughter and how he will break the news to her
(c) that if he were Hindu or Japanese he would commit suicide and join her in death
(d) their plans for their daughters education
2. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
(a) An act of service to the gods
(b) The result of intentional inbreeding
(c) Symptoms of his own obsessive compulsive disorder
(d) The actions of a man stricken with grief
3. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Entirely lost
(b) Melancholy but angry
(c) Happy and free
(d) Sad and depressed
4. Who gets spoken to by the gods?
(a) Yumi jao-lin
(b) Jan Hi-jin
(d) Sing ho ma
5. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(b) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(c) Her sexual development
(d) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
6. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
(a) How to throw Qing-Jao off her trail
(b) Miro and how he is doing
(c) How to expand her memory usage while keeping her thought process clear
(d) Ender and how to get him away from his wife
7. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
8. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
(a) Social Studies
(d) Home Economics
9. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
10. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They hate it and want to destroy it
(b) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
(c) They don't care at all
(d) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
11. Who writes as Locke?
12. What does laying an egg do to the Hive Queen?
(a) She regards it with little more discomfort than a mosquito bite
(b) It puts her in sustained sexual climax therefore makes her cheerful
(c) It doesn't affect her whatsoever
(d) It puts her in a foul mood due to all the pain she is in
13. How does Qing-jao's father determine what kind of servant Wang-mu would make?
(a) Interviews her
(b) Asks her to preform a woman's task
(c) Gives her a written test
(d) Asks her to be his servant for a week
14. What gives Jane so much power?
(a) That she is able to access anything that is going on in the Hundred Worlds
(b) She is the daughter of the Hegemon
(c) That her sexuality is uninhibited
(d) She is extraordinarily wealthy
15. What is the person ailing from?
(a) Too many cheeseburgers
(c) A fatal cough
(d) A disease that eats at the bones
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is life harder on the Godspoken than anyone else?
2. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
3. How does she think Wang-mu came to her?
4. What does Jane ask Valentine?
5. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)