|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
(a) Home Economics
(d) Social Studies
2. What is Qing-jao's woman's task?
(a) To replace the dead fish in the emperors pond
(b) To go cast her net in the ocean and come up with twenty three fish
(c) To find a good husband
(d) To find out what happened to the Lusitania fleet
3. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
(b) Sarah Sutton
(c) Daria Hitchens
(d) Nadia Federova
4. Why is Descolada an issue?
(a) They kill off crops
(b) They are mean little creatures
(c) They are voracious
(d) They are vicious
5. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
6. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
(a) That he is in bed talking to another 'woman'
(b) His choice in socks and the fact he wears them to bed
(c) That he is speaking about another woman
(d) That he is conversing with other women
7. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
(a) They draw blood from their legs
(b) They cry for days
(c) They neither eat nor speak
(d) They make paper offerings to her
8. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
(a) Freezing them
(b) Making them into a stew
(c) Shipping them off the planet with their own strain of virus
(d) Sacrificing his life for them to survive
9. What are they trying to research?
(a) A cure for cancer
(b) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(c) A new strain of potato
(d) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
10. What have the godspoken been given?
11. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
(a) Fukasi, Ugarda, Rictors, and Vascidas
(b) Signisi, Teyropans, Rascidan, and Deyercosa
(c) Utlannings, Framlings, Ramen, and Varelse
(d) Ufanta, Frisabigi, Rasgoes, and Gimanchi
12. What does Qing-jao feel the need to do after listening to Wang-mu?
(a) Start a revolution
(b) Turn traitorous herself
(d) Revoke her godspoken privilege
13. How many years have gone by for Miro's family?
14. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He respects her
(b) He hates her
(c) He loves her
(d) He tolerates her
15. What complicates a debate between Enders' family?
(a) That all of his daughters have dates on a friday night and they only have one car
(b) That the descolada might be sentient
(c) That Ender doesn't want to return home
(d) That the kids want to return to Earth
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Plikt to Valentine and Jakt?
2. How does Wang-Mu feel about the penances exacted on Qing-jao?
3. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
4. Who confirms Quara's data to be correct?
5. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)