|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they trying to research?
(a) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(b) A cure for cancer
(c) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(d) A new strain of potato
2. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
(a) They resent it
(b) It is their honor
(c) They love to do it
(d) They put up with it
3. What gives Jane so much power?
(a) She is extraordinarily wealthy
(b) That her sexuality is uninhibited
(c) She is the daughter of the Hegemon
(d) That she is able to access anything that is going on in the Hundred Worlds
4. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
(a) She is young and pretty and able to woo people where others have not
(b) She is a good woman and would make a good wife
(c) She is very stubborn
(d) She is too young to think herself wise, and still has original thoughts
5. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
(a) Self mutilation
(b) An influence by a higher power
(c) A complete lack of self esteem
(d) Obsessive compulsive disorder
6. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
(a) Three hundred, fifty two years
(b) Twenty two hundred years
(c) Three thousand years
(d) Sixty years
7. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He loves her
(b) He hates her
(c) He tolerates her
(d) He respects her
8. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(b) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(c) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(d) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
9. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
(a) He puts his finger in a light socket and dies
(b) He becomes psychotic with power
(c) He gets elected Hegemon, absolute ruler of Earth
(d) He ends up in a psychiatric ward out in space
10. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(a) Her father
(d) The gods
11. Who is Valentine looking for when she finds Miro crying?
12. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
(a) Checking for Accidental Murders
(b) Gnawing at Stone
(c) Pulling out of Hair
(d) Tracing of Woodgrains
13. Why does Miro fight with his brother, Quim?
(a) He disdained going to church
(b) Because he insulted the Lord
(c) Miro mocked his belief in a god he could not see or touch
(d) Because he insulted their sister, Ouanda
14. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(b) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
(c) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
(d) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
15. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Ouanda, his sister
(b) Erga, his aunt
(c) Demitri, his Uncle
(d) Ender, his stepfather
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
2. How far back do these genetic modifications date?
3. Who writes as Locke?
4. What shames Miro when he looks upon his brother, Olhado?
5. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)