|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did her father react when she had climbed on the statue with the intention of jumping off?
(a) He had to be restrained
(b) He ignored her completely
(c) He cried out in anguish
(d) He rushed into the room
2. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
(a) The descolada's increased virulence
(b) His wife was caught cheating on him
(c) His brother has told him he will never speak to him again
(d) His mother has been found dead
3. On what does Miro give a lecture?
(a) How to keep a marriage strong
(b) A class on interstellar mechanics
(d) Philotic technology
4. Who out of the three to come aboard does Jane first reveal herself to?
5. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(b) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(c) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
(d) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
6. What have the godspoken been given?
7. Why does Qing-jao want to die during testing?
(a) She is told she can never again see her father
(b) She is told that her mother never loved her
(c) She has a vision that she will die alone and without family
(d) She believes the gods have deemed her too unclean to live
8. What is Valentine and Jakt's home planet?
9. What are they trying to research?
(a) A new strain of potato
(b) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(c) A cure for cancer
(d) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
10. Valentine and Ender greet each other. They are concerned how their spouses will react to what?
(a) Their distance
(b) Their closeness
(c) Their teasing
(d) Their familial bonds
11. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
12. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
(a) Helping Miro give another lecture
(b) Talking to Miro
(c) Cooking dinner
(d) Watching Qing-jao
13. Who confirms Quara's data to be correct?
14. What was Miro before this near fatality?
(a) An insubordinate captain
(b) A twenty-two-year old freshman
(c) A mutinous soldier
(d) A twenty-year-old scholar
15. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
(a) They put up with it
(b) It is their honor
(c) They love to do it
(d) They resent it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
2. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
3. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
4. What is Qing-jao's woman's task?
5. What does her husband fear most since she has died?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)