|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Qing-jao is asked how much she knows about something. What is it?
(a) Ender and his teachings
(b) The whereabouts of Miro
(c) Who Demosthenes is
2. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Ender, his stepfather
(b) Ouanda, his sister
(c) Demitri, his Uncle
(d) Erga, his aunt
3. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
(b) Sarah Sutton
(c) Daria Hitchens
(d) Nadia Federova
4. What has scarred Miro?
(a) Torture sustained in Vietnam
(b) His highschool sweetheart left him for a woman
(c) A lack of matriarchal love
(d) Severe electrocution
5. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
(a) The blessing of the gods
(b) A debate every ten years
(c) Full support from all the colonies
(d) The mandate of heaven
6. The first chapter is marred with a death. Who dies?
(a) Han Fei-tsu's wife, Jiang-Qing
(b) Han Burders sweetheart, Daisy
(c) Han Solo's wife, Leia
(d) Quong Ji's wife Dyonj Da
7. Who writes as Locke?
8. What is the new penance she added to the Catalog of Voices?
(a) Pulling out of Hair
(b) Tracing of Woodgrains
(c) Checking for Accidental Murders
(d) Gnawing at Stone
9. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They hate it and want to destroy it
(b) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
(c) They don't care at all
(d) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
10. What is Qing-jao unable to believe at first?
(a) That her father didn't love her mother, and killed her close to the end
(b) That the Starway Congress would send a Mass Destruction device to Lusitania
(c) That Ender lives in California
(d) That she is unintelligent and unworthy of the gods' notice
11. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
(a) How to throw Qing-Jao off her trail
(b) How to expand her memory usage while keeping her thought process clear
(c) Ender and how to get him away from his wife
(d) Miro and how he is doing
12. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
(a) To remove her robes
(b) To pledge a blood oath
(c) To draw her a bath
(d) To treat her as equal when they are in private
13. What does Ender fear about the other people?
(a) The other people will go after his family
(b) They will mutiny and kill him
(c) That they will have to move
(d) The result if they find out how aggressive the virus has become
14. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(a) The gods
(b) Her father
15. What satisfies Valentine most about writing?
(a) That she can write for many hours without fatigue
(b) That she is able to put Peter behind her and make him everything she wants
(c) That she is an amazing poet
(d) That she is able to draw people in and make them see through her eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
2. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
3. How does she think Wang-mu came to her?
4. What was Miro before this near fatality?
5. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)