|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Entirely lost
(b) Melancholy but angry
(c) Sad and depressed
(d) Happy and free
2. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
(a) That she will never succeed and Jane is still safe
(b) That she is destined to meet a handsome hunk
(c) That she will succeed and find Jane out
(d) That Ender will protect Jane if the need should arrive
3. What talent has Qing-jao been working on that she modeled after her father?
(a) The ability to play the violin
(b) His skill at war
(c) The art of making people listen to what she has to say
(d) The ability to defer the god's penance until she is alone
4. What shames Miro when he looks upon his brother, Olhado?
(a) That he can barely see past his brother's mechanical eyes yet expects them to see past his disability
(b) That he made a smart remark about his choice in women, and yet he stands with a beautiful wife
(c) That his brother has six children and a wife, and Miro has yet to even find a woman to date
(d) That Miro hadn't even bothered to check up with him since he left and wasn't there for the birth of any of his kids
5. What is Qing-jao's woman's task?
(a) To find a good husband
(b) To go cast her net in the ocean and come up with twenty three fish
(c) To replace the dead fish in the emperors pond
(d) To find out what happened to the Lusitania fleet
6. What is the promise Qing-jao has asked of her new secret-maid?
(a) To draw her a bath
(b) To treat her as equal when they are in private
(c) To pledge a blood oath
(d) To remove her robes
7. Why does Qing-jao want to die during testing?
(a) She is told that her mother never loved her
(b) She has a vision that she will die alone and without family
(c) She believes the gods have deemed her too unclean to live
(d) She is told she can never again see her father
8. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(b) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(c) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
(d) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
9. Why is Ender troubled upon reaching the lair of the Hive Queen?
(a) He has no way to communicate with her, and therefore cannot understand what she wants
(b) Valentine makes the suggestion that the queen might be hungry and looking for a morsel or two
(c) She won't tell him exactly what she's doing, but it looks like two ships are being built
(d) It is a dark and disturbing place
10. What does this girl want of Gloriously Bright?
(a) To kill her
(b) To be her servant and friend
(c) To touch her, as she is godspoken
(d) To be her teacher
11. What is on Jane's mind when she leaves?
(a) How to throw Qing-Jao off her trail
(b) Miro and how he is doing
(c) Ender and how to get him away from his wife
(d) How to expand her memory usage while keeping her thought process clear
12. Who writes as Locke?
13. When Ender is talking to Jane, what is it Novinha disapproves of?
(a) That he is speaking about another woman
(b) That he is in bed talking to another 'woman'
(c) That he is conversing with other women
(d) His choice in socks and the fact he wears them to bed
14. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
15. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
(a) That her ears are constantly ringing
(b) That they announce her as chosen
(c) That her hands are never clean enough
(d) That she is sleep walking
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jane come into being?
2. How many years have gone by for Miro's family?
3. What confuses the secret maid?
4. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
5. What else is different about the godspoken?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)