|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Plikt to Valentine and Jakt?
(a) A former tutor of their children and student of Ender
(b) A former lover
(c) A friend of Valentine's father
(d) Jakt's uncle
2. What could they do to eradicate the virus?
(b) Evolve into beings that can coexist
(c) Come up with a new strain of potatoes
(d) Spray the planet
3. What does Qing-jao explain to this new girl?
(a) That she would gladly give up her status for less responsibility
(b) The laws of gravity
(c) That true love is seldom found and that she should marry
(d) That her place is and will always be below her
4. How does she become aware that the gods are speaking to her?
(a) That her ears are constantly ringing
(b) That her hands are never clean enough
(c) That they announce her as chosen
(d) That she is sleep walking
5. What is the upper, or ruling, caste on Path called?
(c) "The Godspoken"
(d) "Royals of the Path"
6. Who writes as Locke?
7. What has scarred Miro?
(a) Torture sustained in Vietnam
(b) A lack of matriarchal love
(c) His highschool sweetheart left him for a woman
(d) Severe electrocution
8. How does Wang-Mu feel about the penances exacted on Qing-jao?
(a) She is oblivious
(b) The is astonished
(c) She doesn't believe they ask enough
(d) She is enraged
9. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
(b) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(c) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(d) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
10. What does Jane ask Valentine?
(a) If she can give her advice in relationships
(b) If the saving of Lusitania is a cause worth dying for
(c) If she has a spare corset
(d) If she has any feminine products with her
11. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
(a) An act of service to the gods
(b) The actions of a man stricken with grief
(c) Symptoms of his own obsessive compulsive disorder
(d) The result of intentional inbreeding
12. How would Miro feel without Jane?
(a) Sad and depressed
(b) Melancholy but angry
(c) Happy and free
(d) Entirely lost
13. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
(a) Her sexual development
(c) To fulfill woman's task, issued to her by her father
(d) A long dress and a sweet sixteen birthday party
14. What does Qing-jao come to believe is responsible for the disappearance of the Lusitania fleet?
(c) The gods
(d) Her father
15. Why does Qing-jao want to die during testing?
(a) She believes the gods have deemed her too unclean to live
(b) She is told that her mother never loved her
(c) She is told she can never again see her father
(d) She has a vision that she will die alone and without family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Qing-jao's favorite area of study?
2. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
3. What have the godspoken been given?
4. How did her father react when she had climbed on the statue with the intention of jumping off?
5. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)