|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He tolerates her
(b) He loves her
(c) He hates her
(d) He respects her
2. What are they trying to research?
(a) A new strain of potato
(b) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
(c) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(d) A cure for cancer
3. What does her husband fear most since she has died?
(a) That he will never again remarry, so his bed will always be empty
(b) How to operate the VCR as she was the only one with the codes
(c) That he cannot fulfill his promise to teach his daughter to love the gods
(d) That he will not have a female role model for his daughter
4. What does Ender fear about the other people?
(a) The other people will go after his family
(b) That they will have to move
(c) The result if they find out how aggressive the virus has become
(d) They will mutiny and kill him
5. What is Wang-mu's ancient namesake?
(a) The Royal Mother of the West
(b) Royal Mother of the East
(c) Royal Mother of the South
(d) Born Again Mother
6. Who is about to discover Demosthenes identity?
7. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
(a) An act of service to the gods
(b) Symptoms of his own obsessive compulsive disorder
(c) The actions of a man stricken with grief
(d) The result of intentional inbreeding
8. On what does Miro give a lecture?
(a) How to keep a marriage strong
(b) Philotic technology
(d) A class on interstellar mechanics
9. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
(a) Deploy three hundred warships to protect the planet
(b) To write an angry letter to politicians
(c) To drive a ship into the heart of their operations and kill all on board
(d) Inhibit ansible communication, although it would mean she would eventually be destroyed
10. Valentine finds Miro in his room doing what?
(a) Reading a comic book
(b) Eating a cheese sandwich
11. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
(a) Three thousand years
(b) Three hundred, fifty two years
(c) Twenty two hundred years
(d) Sixty years
12. What does laying an egg do to the Hive Queen?
(a) It puts her in a foul mood due to all the pain she is in
(b) She regards it with little more discomfort than a mosquito bite
(c) It doesn't affect her whatsoever
(d) It puts her in sustained sexual climax therefore makes her cheerful
13. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
14. When Qing-jao questions her, what does she learn about Wang-mu?
(a) That the influence of Demosthenes is huge on common people
(b) That she is blasphemous and detests the gods
(c) That she is naive and childish
(d) That she is damned to an eternity of prosecution for her disdain of the gods
15. Who writes as Locke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Congress have in order to rule the hundred worlds according to her father?
2. One of the things Han Fei-tsu and his wife talk about before she dies is ___________________________________
3. Who or what is Jane?
4. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
5. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)