|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qing-jao's father tell her in response to her conclusion about the fleet?
(a) That she is right, and they should look no further lest they anger the gods
(b) That she is wrong and must do double the penances for her assumptions
(c) That her task doesn't ask who but when
(d) That her task is to find the means by which the gods acted
2. Who writes as Locke?
3. What has scarred Miro?
(a) A lack of matriarchal love
(b) His highschool sweetheart left him for a woman
(c) Torture sustained in Vietnam
(d) Severe electrocution
4. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
(a) Obsessive compulsive disorder
(b) An influence by a higher power
(c) Self mutilation
(d) A complete lack of self esteem
5. What does Miro's brother Quim do for a living?
(a) He is a welder
(b) He is a servant
(c) He is a soldier
(d) He is an ordained priest
6. Where do Valentine and Jakt move?
(b) Miro's ship
7. What does laying an egg do to the Hive Queen?
(a) It doesn't affect her whatsoever
(b) It puts her in a foul mood due to all the pain she is in
(c) She regards it with little more discomfort than a mosquito bite
(d) It puts her in sustained sexual climax therefore makes her cheerful
8. What more do we learn about the virus on Lusitania?
(a) That it reproduces at rates previously unheard of
(b) That it appears to have a sense of humor
(c) That it is essential to the planet's ecosystem
(d) That it is constantly evolving and shows different symptoms every time
9. Why does Gloriously Bright feel the need to purify herself once again when she returns home?
(a) She refused to do penances for her last defiance
(b) She came close to defying them when she suggested Starways Congress had lost their mandate
(c) She told her father that she didn't believe in the gods
(d) She told Wang-mu that the gods don't exist and that she feels silly when doing her penances
10. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
(a) His brother has told him he will never speak to him again
(b) The descolada's increased virulence
(c) His wife was caught cheating on him
(d) His mother has been found dead
11. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
(a) They hate it and want to destroy it
(b) They need it to move into their third life, trees, and be able to reproduce
(c) They don't care at all
(d) They are holding a town meeting to discuss the ramifications of the virus
12. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
(a) She is very stubborn
(b) She is too young to think herself wise, and still has original thoughts
(c) She is young and pretty and able to woo people where others have not
(d) She is a good woman and would make a good wife
13. Who discovers the changes in the godspoken?
14. What is Jane doing in the meantime?
(a) Cooking dinner
(b) Helping Miro give another lecture
(c) Talking to Miro
(d) Watching Qing-jao
15. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(b) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(c) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
(d) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
2. If the Upper Caste don't live up to expectations, what happens to them?
3. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
4. Who is an enemy of the gods?
5. The penances enacted by Han Fei-tsu at his wife's deathbed were most likely_________.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)