|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the Upper Caste don't live up to expectations, what happens to them?
(a) They are tortured
(b) They are punished with penances
(c) They are relieved of their status
(d) They are burned alive
2. What is Valentine Wiggins' pseudonym?
(b) Daria Hitchens
(c) Nadia Federova
(d) Sarah Sutton
3. To what can the Godspoken experience be compared?
(a) An influence by a higher power
(b) Self mutilation
(c) A complete lack of self esteem
(d) Obsessive compulsive disorder
4. What does Peter accomplish back on Earth?
(a) He becomes psychotic with power
(b) He ends up in a psychiatric ward out in space
(c) He puts his finger in a light socket and dies
(d) He gets elected Hegemon, absolute ruler of Earth
5. What gives Jane so much power?
(a) That she is able to access anything that is going on in the Hundred Worlds
(b) She is the daughter of the Hegemon
(c) That her sexuality is uninhibited
(d) She is extraordinarily wealthy
6. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
(a) Signisi, Teyropans, Rascidan, and Deyercosa
(b) Utlannings, Framlings, Ramen, and Varelse
(c) Fukasi, Ugarda, Rictors, and Vascidas
(d) Ufanta, Frisabigi, Rasgoes, and Gimanchi
7. What does Jane know about Qing-jao?
(a) That Ender will protect Jane if the need should arrive
(b) That she is destined to meet a handsome hunk
(c) That she will succeed and find Jane out
(d) That she will never succeed and Jane is still safe
8. What is Qing-jao's woman's task?
(a) To replace the dead fish in the emperors pond
(b) To find out what happened to the Lusitania fleet
(c) To find a good husband
(d) To go cast her net in the ocean and come up with twenty three fish
9. What is the customary way to dispose of bodies?
(a) To send them out in space
(b) To bury them
(c) Burning on a pyre
(d) To eat them
10. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
(a) Gloriously bright
(b) Pretty like lily
(c) Highly intelligent
(d) Tremendous beauty
11. How does Miro feel about his return home?
(a) He loves it and missed them greatly, he wishes he could stay
(b) He feels their warmth and acceptance of him and wants to remain there
(c) Its so comforting to him to be back with his family
(d) It's hard on him and he wants to go back to space
12. Who confirms Quara's data to be correct?
13. On what does Miro give a lecture?
(a) Philotic technology
(b) How to keep a marriage strong
(d) A class on interstellar mechanics
14. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
(a) To drive a ship into the heart of their operations and kill all on board
(b) To write an angry letter to politicians
(c) Deploy three hundred warships to protect the planet
(d) Inhibit ansible communication, although it would mean she would eventually be destroyed
15. Who writes as Locke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Valentine uncomfortable about the whole experience at the Hive Queen's cave?
2. Who does Gloriously Bright believe is responsible for the disappearance of the fleet?
3. To what benefit is the negotiation with the Hive Queen?
4. What is the name of Enders' Pequino friend?
5. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)