|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ender feel about the Hive Queen herself?
(a) He loves her
(b) He hates her
(c) He respects her
(d) He tolerates her
2. What makes Valentine uncomfortable about the whole experience at the Hive Queen's cave?
(a) That both the Queen and Ender were in her head
(b) That the Queen has an extraordinary tie to Ender
(c) That Miro didn't like the experience, so she won't either
(d) That Plikt and the Queen get along so well
3. How do the bearers feel about bearing the Godspoken?
(a) They put up with it
(b) It is their honor
(c) They love to do it
(d) They resent it
4. What is Jane forced to do with Qing-jao?
(a) To kill her
(b) To excommunicate her
(c) To send her a virus
(d) Try and convince her to stop
5. What are the Upper Caste expected to do?
(a) Keep a tight thumb on the populace
(b) Embrace the Path entirely and unreservedly
(c) Be the voice of the people to the people of Earth
(d) Eat frozen dinners and watch T.V. re-runs
6. What does Qing Jao's name mean?
(a) Gloriously bright
(b) Tremendous beauty
(c) Highly intelligent
(d) Pretty like lily
7. Ender thinks about drastic measures to preserve the piggies. What are they?
(a) Sacrificing his life for them to survive
(b) Making them into a stew
(c) Shipping them off the planet with their own strain of virus
(d) Freezing them
8. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
(a) Sixty years
(b) Three hundred, fifty two years
(c) Three thousand years
(d) Twenty two hundred years
9. Who does Miro not want to see upon his return home?
(a) Ouanda, his sister
(b) Demitri, his Uncle
(c) Ender, his stepfather
(d) Erga, his aunt
10. Why is life harder on the Godspoken than anyone else?
(a) The Godspoken aren't allowed to show emotion
(b) The Godspoken aren't allowed to drift from the Path for a moment
(c) The Godspoken aren't allowed to watch HBO
(d) The Godspoken are required to be the gods in training
11. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
(a) To drive a ship into the heart of their operations and kill all on board
(b) Deploy three hundred warships to protect the planet
(c) To write an angry letter to politicians
(d) Inhibit ansible communication, although it would mean she would eventually be destroyed
12. Who does Gloriously Bright believe is responsible for the disappearance of the fleet?
(c) Andrew Wiggin
(d) The Hive Queen
13. Why does her father believe she will succeed where everyone else has failed?
(a) She is too young to think herself wise, and still has original thoughts
(b) She is a good woman and would make a good wife
(c) She is very stubborn
(d) She is young and pretty and able to woo people where others have not
14. What are they trying to research?
(a) A new strain of potato
(b) A cure for cancer
(c) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(d) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
15. How did her father react when she had climbed on the statue with the intention of jumping off?
(a) He ignored her completely
(b) He rushed into the room
(c) He had to be restrained
(d) He cried out in anguish
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the virus that threatens the colonists of Lusitania?
2. What is the only obstacle between Qing-jao and womanhood?
3. What do the pequinos think about the virus?
4. What does laying an egg do to the Hive Queen?
5. What do the two people left in her family do when she dies?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)