|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is handed a bundled baby?
2. Who kicks over props on stage?
3. How old is Tomjohn when he finally speaks?
4. Which witch seems to be more integrated into the culture of the community?
5. What do the witches use in place of a cauldron in their invocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Tomjon's first words. How old was he? What did he say?
2. How does the ghost king get to leave the castle? Why is this important to the story?
3. How exactly does Tomjon get his name?
4. What does the Fool tell Felmet when asked about the witches' role in the earthquake.
5. Who can see King Verence after he becomes a ghost? Who offers him the explanation?
6. To whom do the townspeople turn, and what is their complaint?
7. Why does Felmet compulsively wash his hands?
8. Who stops the earthquake and explains why the supernatural event stops?
9. What compels the witches to see a play shortly after they acquire the baby?
10. What angers Felmet about the four tax collectors who went to Granny's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. How did the author communicate the foreshadowing? Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Granny and Nanny as major characters in Wyrd Sisters.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)