|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the king ask for advice after the people he sent to Granny's house return?
2. What does the ghost king see in the castle's kitchen?
3. Who is assassinated in the beginning of the story?
4. Who is the large cat that is trapped by the ghost king?
5. Who is the youngest of Nanny's sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ghost king get to leave the castle? Why is this important to the story?
2. Who stops the earthquake and explains why the supernatural event stops?
3. What compels the witches to see a play shortly after they acquire the baby?
4. When Magrat suggests they get the help of more witches to control Felmet and his rumors about witches, Nanny says no. For what reason does Nanny say no?
5. How do the witches acquire a baby?
6. What are Felmet's worries shortly after taking over the throne?
7. To whom do the townspeople turn, and what is their complaint?
8. What cover does Granny use to try to gain entrance into the castle to save Nanny? How does she get inside?
9. How do the witches invoke a demon, and what do they learn from the demon?
10. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition. Discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Wyrd Sisters? Is the information consistent throughout the book, or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Wyrd Sisters? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. The three types of irony are verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected, and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)