|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which witch seems to be more integrated into the culture of the community?
2. Who kills the new king of Lancre?
3. What have the townspeople been telling Nanny they want?
4. What cover does Magrat use to gain entrance into the castle through the angry mob of townspeople?
5. Where does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Felmet about the four tax collectors who went to Granny's house?
2. How does the ghost king get to leave the castle? Why is this important to the story?
3. Why does Felmet compulsively wash his hands?
4. How do the witches invoke a demon, and what do they learn from the demon?
5. Describe Discworld and tell how it derives its magic.
6. What do the witches think about Vitoller?
7. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
8. What are Felmet's worries shortly after taking over the throne?
9. What cover does Granny use to try to gain entrance into the castle to save Nanny? How does she get inside?
10. How does Granny explore on Hogswatchnight, and what does she discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. The three types of irony are verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected, and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of the Fool. Was he a major character or minor one? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character. Discuss the specific role of the Fool in Wyrd Sisters.
Essay Topic 3
What is a motif? Specifically discuss two motifs in Wyrd Sisters.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)