|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to explain the art of the theater?
2. Who is an obsessive-compulsive hand washer?
3. Who suggests revenge against the witches by attacking their reputations?
4. What does the ghost try to move when Nanny is being tortured?
5. Who tells Magrat that Nanny has been taken prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Magrat suggests they get the help of more witches to control Felmet and his rumors about witches, Nanny says no. For what reason does Nanny say no?
2. How exactly does Tomjon get his name?
3. Who can see King Verence after he becomes a ghost? Who offers him the explanation?
4. How does Granny explore on Hogswatchnight, and what does she discover?
5. What are the three wishes that the witches bestow upon Tomjon before he leaves with his new family?
6. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
7. What are Felmet's worries shortly after taking over the throne?
8. Why does Felmet compulsively wash his hands?
9. How does Felmet feel about his newly won kingdom, and what feeling does he get in return?
10. Describe Discworld and tell how it derives its magic.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition. Discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Wyrd Sisters? Is the information consistent throughout the book, or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Wyrd Sisters? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Wyrd Sisters.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)