|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
2. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
3. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
4. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
5. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did prejudice and a lack of understanding and appreciation of the Indian way of life play in the evolving policies of the white government during the years of struggle to remove the Indians so that whites could settle our country? Give examples and fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why you believe it was or was not ultimately in the Native American's best interest to adapt to the white man's way of living? Give examples to support your position and fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)