|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
2. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
3. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
4. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
5. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
Essay Topic 2
Give an account of the Cherokees way of life, and the ultimate "Trail of Tears." Why do you think the whites were so brutal in dealing with the Cherokees? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the American Civil War on the movement to remove Indians to reservations? Be sure to consider the importance of the many officers who were moved out west at the close of the war.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)