|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
2. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
3. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain the basic tenets of the Ghost Dance religion. Why do you think this religion was seen as such a threat by whites? How did this religion help and/or hinder the plight of the Indians.
Essay Topic 2Give an account of the Cherokees way of life, and the ultimate "Trail of Tears." Why do you think the whites were so brutal in dealing with the Cherokees? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)