|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
2. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
3. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
4. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
5. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give an account of the Cherokees way of life, and the ultimate "Trail of Tears." Why do you think the whites were so brutal in dealing with the Cherokees? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the events surrounding the battle of the Little Big Horn brought about the closing chapter on the fate of the Plains Indians.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)