|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
2. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
3. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
4. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
5. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the American Civil War on the movement to remove Indians to reservations? Be sure to consider the importance of the many officers who were moved out west at the close of the war.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
Essay Topic 3
Give an account of the Cherokees way of life, and the ultimate "Trail of Tears." Why do you think the whites were so brutal in dealing with the Cherokees? Fully explain your answer.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)