|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
2. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
3. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
5. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the buffalo in the Plains Indian way of life. Compare and contrast the view of the importance of the buffalo in white civilization and in the Indian culture.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the willingness of Indians to help struggling settlers actually led to the ultimate removal of the Indians. Give examples of specific tribes which help whites only to be removed by the whites at a later date.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)