|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
2. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
3. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the idea of Manifest Destiny and discuss how this idea played a part in the removal of all Indian civilizations.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of the American Civil War on the movement to remove Indians to reservations? Be sure to consider the importance of the many officers who were moved out west at the close of the war.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)