|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
3. How does Chief Santana die?
4. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
5. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give an account of the Cherokees way of life, and the ultimate "Trail of Tears." Why do you think the whites were so brutal in dealing with the Cherokees? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the buffalo in the Plains Indian way of life. Compare and contrast the view of the importance of the buffalo in white civilization and in the Indian culture.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)