|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
2. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
3. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
4. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
5. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did prejudice and a lack of understanding and appreciation of the Indian way of life play in the evolving policies of the white government during the years of struggle to remove the Indians so that whites could settle our country? Give examples and fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the willingness of Indians to help struggling settlers actually led to the ultimate removal of the Indians. Give examples of specific tribes which help whites only to be removed by the whites at a later date.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the important role the railroad played in the growing movement to remove the Indian populations.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)