Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
2. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
3. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
4. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
5. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
Relate the events of at least one Indian massacre of whites, and at least one white massacre of Native Americans. In each case how do you think the killers found justification for their actions? Which side was more justified in the actions you chose? Explain your answer.
Given the pressure which was growing to settle the West, and given the refusal of Indian tribes to give up their ways of life, how would you have dealt with your role if you had been a military of civilian leader in the West in the mid 1800s? Choose specific events out of the book and explain how you feel the situation could have been handled in some better way, or how you feel the situation was handled in the best way possible.
Describe the important role the railroad played in the growing movement to remove the Indian populations.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)