|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
2. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
3. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
4. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
5. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
Essay Topic 2
Relate the events of at least one Indian massacre of whites, and at least one white massacre of Native Americans. In each case how do you think the killers found justification for their actions? Which side was more justified in the actions you chose? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you believe it was or was not ultimately in the Native American's best interest to adapt to the white man's way of living? Give examples to support your position and fully explain your answer.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)