|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
2. How does Sitting Bull die?
3. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
4. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
5. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the American Civil War on the movement to remove Indians to reservations? Be sure to consider the importance of the many officers who were moved out west at the close of the war.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the willingness of Indians to help struggling settlers actually led to the ultimate removal of the Indians. Give examples of specific tribes which help whites only to be removed by the whites at a later date.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you believe it was or was not ultimately in the Native American's best interest to adapt to the white man's way of living? Give examples to support your position and fully explain your answer.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)