|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
2. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
4. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
5. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Relate the events of at least one Indian massacre of whites, and at least one white massacre of Native Americans. In each case how do you think the killers found justification for their actions? Which side was more justified in the actions you chose? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the basic tenets of the Ghost Dance religion. Why do you think this religion was seen as such a threat by whites? How did this religion help and/or hinder the plight of the Indians.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)