|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
2. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
3. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
4. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
5. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the willingness of Indians to help struggling settlers actually led to the ultimate removal of the Indians. Give examples of specific tribes which help whites only to be removed by the whites at a later date.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role the Eastern Indian tribes played in the American Revolution. How did this role effect the way in which they were seen and treated after the War was over? Why do you think the Indians chose the role you described?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)