Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what caused the peace to breakdown between the Indians in the Black Hills and the whites in 1874.
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
8. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
9. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
Essay Topic 2
Select three white governmental leaders who truly sought to treat the Indians fairly. For each individual give a brief account of his role in dealing with the Indians and then explain why he was or was not successful in his attempts.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the events surrounding the battle of the Little Big Horn brought about the closing chapter on the fate of the Plains Indians.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)