Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
2. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. Who is Cochise's father in law?
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wovoka and why is he important?
2. What significant status does Standing Bear attain?
3. Why did Parker not remain in his governmental position?
4. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
5. What happens when some Cheyenne are allowed to leave the reservation in search of buffalo?
6. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
7. Who is Captain Jack?
8. Briefly explain who Mangas Colorado is?
9. What attitude does General Sheridan take towards the Indians and their way of life?
10. Briefly describe why Cheyennes are continually leaving the reservation?
Explain the idea of Manifest Destiny and discuss how this idea played a part in the removal of all Indian civilizations.
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
Put yourself in the mindset of Army officials and explain why it was totally unacceptable to allow an Indian tribe like the Nez Perces to move off of the reservation and into Canada.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)