|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
2. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
3. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
4. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
5. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wovoka and why is he important?
2. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
3. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
4. What does Sitting Bull do that leads to several years of peace with the white man?
5. What happens when some Cheyenne are allowed to leave the reservation in search of buffalo?
6. What happens to the Santee Sioux after the death of Little Crow?
7. How does the way Red Cloud deals with the Sawyer party contrast with the intentions of General Connor?
8. Who is Standing Bear?
9. Why did Parker not remain in his governmental position?
10. Why did many Indian tribes side with England during the Revolutionary War and again in the War of 1812?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the idea of Manifest Destiny and discuss how this idea played a part in the removal of all Indian civilizations.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role the Eastern Indian tribes played in the American Revolution. How did this role effect the way in which they were seen and treated after the War was over? Why do you think the Indians chose the role you described?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)