|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
3. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
5. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event in 1855 leads to the collapse of the peace that existed between the Nez Perces and the whites?
2. What significant status does Standing Bear attain?
3. What ultimately happens to Little Crow?
4. Why did many Indian tribes side with England during the Revolutionary War and again in the War of 1812?
5. Who is Big Foot?
6. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
7. What does Sitting Bull do that leads to several years of peace with the white man?
8. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
9. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
10. Who were the "Laramie Loafers"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least 3 Native American leaders that you feel were the greatest of the tribal leaders. Explain your choices giving examples of their leadership and how it benefited their people.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of the various discoveries of gold, on the drive to remove the Indians. Give specific examples of the effects of each of the different gold rushes in American history.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the American Civil War on the movement to remove Indians to reservations? Be sure to consider the importance of the many officers who were moved out west at the close of the war.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)