|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
3. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
4. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
5. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant status does Standing Bear attain?
2. Briefly describe why Cheyennes are continually leaving the reservation?
3. What tactic does the US Army employ to try to get the Navajo Indians to move to the reservation?
4. What ultimately happens to Little Crow?
5. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
6. Why does Captain Jack refuse to live on the reservation?
7. Why did Parker not remain in his governmental position?
8. How does the way Red Cloud deals with the Sawyer party contrast with the intentions of General Connor?
9. What does Sitting Bull do that leads to several years of peace with the white man?
10. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the same time the US government was dealing with the issue of how to deal with the Native American population, it was also dealing with the issue of slavery and racial issues involving the black population. Compare and contrast the way the US Government dealt with the Native American issues and issues with the black population.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role the Eastern Indian tribes played in the American Revolution. How did this role effect the way in which they were seen and treated after the War was over? Why do you think the Indians chose the role you described?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the willingness of Indians to help struggling settlers actually led to the ultimate removal of the Indians. Give examples of specific tribes which help whites only to be removed by the whites at a later date.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)