Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what caused the peace to breakdown between the Indians in the Black Hills and the whites in 1874.
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
8. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
9. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
Essay Topic 1
Given the pressure which was growing to settle the West, and given the refusal of Indian tribes to give up their ways of life, how would you have dealt with your role if you had been a military of civilian leader in the West in the mid 1800s? Choose specific events out of the book and explain how you feel the situation could have been handled in some better way, or how you feel the situation was handled in the best way possible.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role the Eastern Indian tribes played in the American Revolution. How did this role effect the way in which they were seen and treated after the War was over? Why do you think the Indians chose the role you described?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)