Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what caused the peace to breakdown between the Indians in the Black Hills and the whites in 1874.
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
8. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
9. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
Essay Topic 1
What role did prejudice and a lack of understanding and appreciation of the Indian way of life play in the evolving policies of the white government during the years of struggle to remove the Indians so that whites could settle our country? Give examples and fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role the Eastern Indian tribes played in the American Revolution. How did this role effect the way in which they were seen and treated after the War was over? Why do you think the Indians chose the role you described?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the idea of Manifest Destiny and discuss how this idea played a part in the removal of all Indian civilizations.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)