|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what caused the peace to breakdown between the Indians in the Black Hills and the whites in 1874.
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
8. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
9. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the important role the railroad played in the growing movement to remove the Indian populations.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the prevailing religious beliefs of a white culture which was predominantly Christian, effected the cultural ideas that resulted in the removal of the Native American tribes?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the basic tenets of the Ghost Dance religion. Why do you think this religion was seen as such a threat by whites? How did this religion help and/or hinder the plight of the Indians.
This section contains 1,631 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)